Isekai Tensei ni Kansha o

I'm a bit confused as to why people enjoy the flashbacks so much. 10 Chapters of Manga with 4 flashbacks spanning over 5 Chapters is not good storytelling.

I would enjoy this a lot more if the story would start rolling. I don't mind a slow burner (like Grimgar for example) but this is out of control.
The interaction between MC and girl 1 and 2 are minimal at best and the third one is just weird considering they're basically just guests at the same inn.

I'm really not given any reason or time to start caring about them besides feeling sad for their issues.
It feels like the girls are the MCs here as we don't really explore the world through his eyes but I'm given nothing to work with other than their past.
Not sure why this get so much praise.

"This is a trap
MC is just an adviser side character and this is a compilation of short stories of adventurers and their personal lives"

Is what I would think if the synopsis and content was compared

Dex-chan lover
God, at this rate, the sister of the son of the blacksmith's wife's nephew will have its own arc and backstories

Dex-chan lover
@sincross7723 I read the first 15 chapters of LN.
As far as i can tell, it is a generic isekai that focuses on MCs stats and cheat skills, not people. I don't know, maybe it changes in the future and becomes more like the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Old man isekai's and becomes young.
Young 'old man' then goes around dispensing old man advice after a few chapters of backstory.
And that's it.

Dex-chan lover
Dr. Phil in another world. Now seriously, is this ever going anywhere or are we just going to interview each and everyone of the characters as part of the MC's story? It was a game at one point but now it's not? What the fuck is going on??

Beautiful words. :) I really enjoy the deeper experience and expression this series gives. The team helping to have people read it in English. Have done a wonderful job capturing what the series team is expressing.

It isn't bad. I feel like this has a story worth telling. It is just told so terribly. Entirely through flashbacks. A useful tool for sure but it shouldn't be the only method of storytelling. Worse still to introduce characters for a flashback and nothing else.

@OasisRyder
Thank you so much. Amidst the flood of negative comments towards the series, this is very encouraging T T I understand that the pace is frustrating, but I expect it will pick up soon.

Yeah in the last few chapters, the manga reads like a slice-of-life drawn by a woman. Not what I wanted initially.
0 action, 0 fantasy, 0 adventure. Just slice of life & drama. When this changes, @ me plz. Thanks.

Yeah, this is a slower paced read, but that's what I enjoy about it. It's refreshing, especially since most other isekais are so fast paced.

The overall premise of the story is interesting, but the pacing is jarring and the constant shift in perspective constantly throws me off. The ridiculous number of flashbacks and long, rambling expositions is just bad storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread