Isekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
This feels like commentary on something, but I’m not sure what
I mean they buy coffee who's beans have been picked off goat and monkey shit (not sure about the monkey one).

On the other hands people will buy literally anything with the word "Health" slapped on the packaging and that's from whatever social class your from.

I've also seen some lunatics talk about and i shit you not "Hydrogenless water" as an "healthy alternative" to regular water (people who've moderately paid attention in chemistry class know that hydrogenless water is kinda impossible).

So yeah the most powerful human power is gaslighting.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It was a good thing that the person they approached was a good business man and didn't rip them off since they're just kids and are from the slums, otherwise they might need a new way to sell herbs.

Since it looks like the quality of life of MC's family is going up, I wonder if he's eventually going to improve the quality of life for the people in slums too.

Dex-chan lover
I mean they buy coffee who's beans have been picked off goat and monkey shit (not sure about the monkey one).

On the other hands people will buy literally anything with the word "Health" slapped on the packaging and that's from whatever social class your from.

I've also seen some lunatics talk about and i shit you not "Hydrogenless water" ad an "healthy alternative" to regular water (people who've moderately paid attention in chemistry class know that hydrogenless water is kinda impossible).

So yeah the most powerful human power is gaslighting.
people, too, drink coffee beans being shitted out by a some sort of cat.

Dex-chan lover
I've also seen some lunatics talk about and i shit you not "Hydrogenless water" ad an "healthy alternative" to regular water
Wow! I didn't know Hydrogenless water (Oxygen) isn't free! Time to hog all the supply, keep the manufacturing process a secret, and sell them for a high price!

It was a good thing that the person they approached was a good business man and didn't rip them off since they're just kids and are from the slums, otherwise they might need a new way to sell herbs.
The merchant being willing to transact with children from the slums was a good starting sign, but I agree they're still lucky since he still paid the kids a kinda-large sum (dunno how the profits were shared, but at least they saw silver coins for the first time).

Dex-chan lover
This is too positive.... I'm waiting for some scammer or threat to the family. (not cause I want it, but because that's par for the course).

Dex-chan lover
you gonna attract a lot of unwanted attention making huge money on daily basis in the slum where people are the most desperate at
This is "heaven slum" where "the people work hard equally and will forge together to prosperity through education, industry, and honesty."

Even the nobles and the slum dwellers co-exist here without violence. Well, if you want the opposite you can read Re:Build World.

Dex-chan lover
I really thought that is what he was doing, when he asked to "look at how the tea was made".
you gonna attract a lot of unwanted attention making huge money on daily basis in the slum where people are the most desperate at
hopefully they make some kind of deal where he (or if there's a bank or guild, that) keeps their money and they just keep a record/ledger of what is essentially debt-IOU's with a designated recipient and labeled as not tradeable. Then they could use this "tab" to purchase things they need from his shop, or make some kind of withdrawal if they ever need to buy things from elsewhere.

Why would he want to do that? Well, besides the goodness of his heart (he seems sympathetic), it is also a good idea to try and not endanger your supplier of some specific high-class good you are making lots of money from. And lastly, it also highly encourages all that money to be reused in his own store (same reason stores have their points-systems).
This is a shoujo manga you creep
Surely they meant the shopkeeper guy's ...surely?

Supporter
Just collecting wild herbs it might be hard to guarantee consistent quality and taste. He should better cultivate those deliberately, which comes with its own problems though.

...also Miinya is precious :hearts:

Users who are viewing this thread