Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 59 - Before The Storm

I look forward to the conflict at last. The tension and build up so far has been good c: if not painful c:

Double-page supporter
This kind of pacing is great. Really builds the tension before reading the next chapter. I can't wait to see that old man fight against those troops!

Anyways, thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
What? Is he going to just stand up against 3000 + 27000 army from their neighbour? As great as the WW1 style defense are, you can't stand up to that many man.

Germany can attest to that

I am not even a bit worried...Cuz, Balud had all the knowledge about "Modern and Old War" from the other 2 souls/personality
And of course by using "Dirty Tactics/Strategy" well, There are some for example the "Rome's method of warfare" and others that are also famous. Though, That still depends whether we will see it happens.

Dex-chan lover
@FYAYFD
That capacity should also take into account the willingness of the various feudal lords, assuming that the other side is also under a feudal system. Furthermore, those 2 are probably not the only countries in that continent, so they still need to garrison their many towns and forts. If there was political intrigue in the other country, you would expect lords (including royalty) to keep guards for themselves to protect themselves from each other. I mean, with just Balud's country, we see the entire country not mobilizing to protect Antrim because they each have their own ongoing agendas, and it's not like it's a surprise attack.

afaik, the larger army numbers of antiquity is due to empires/despots, alliances, and mercenaries.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, outnumbered battles really rile me up.

@musicfreak12 if Antrim can dish out some very advanced tech and tactics (which is what they're trying to do), they might just win. There's quite a few examples of outnumbered defenders that won through this, like Rorke's Drift (200 vs 3k-4k) or Nekmíř (400 vs 2k).

Another is just superior maneuvering, but their troops seem to be of low quality as mentioned, so this may not be possible. An example of this would be Alesia (30k-50k vs 300k-500k). Imagine besieging a numerically-superior opponent while getting besieged by another, even bigger enemy, and winning anyway.

Heavily-outnumbered battles are very thrilling to read. Here's a couple more examples: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Victories_Against_the_Odds

Users who are viewing this thread