Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 8 Ch. 64 - In Purgatory

Fed-Kun's army
@Spoonikle
hes not even in the picture so of course it doesn't anyway all that "new tech" is made from the jap kid and the way everything is laid out is probably the old warrior and since he's on the field now the old guy might take over again

Just to be clear, NO WAR CRIMES WERE COMMITED HERE the use of flamethrowers isn't a war crime per se and beleive it or not the CO told the guys to kill the magicians and let ANYONE WHO RUNS to flee and not to be killed so yeah baby, 0 war crimes here.

Uhh, can't arrows arc? Why didn't they shoot up? Sure it's less likely to hit, and is more predictable, thus dodging it is easier, but still lucky hit, and may stop their momentum.

@Spoonikle

Where do you think he got all those World War ideas from and the general military /commanding knowledge? All from his other souls.

@screamdoom
why spear? isn't he proficient with sword type?
You reading too much manga. Spear, actually, are more usefull weapon than a sword. Ever seen cartoons when big guy puts a hand on smaller person head and just stands, while smaller person throwing punches without any possibility to reach opponent? That's how a fight between spear user and sword user look like. Just google "spear vs sword".

Damn Greek flame then cavalry behind the enemy. Good tactic but needs more. I am hoping greatly for this.

Dex-chan lover
@Wireath then mangas shows it poorly, but the ln explains that at this point they can't poke their head out cause the enemy is already raining magic at them like it's going out of style

Dex-chan lover
Hans

nice Flammenwerfing.

@democarplus not that it matters because Balud's in another world where there's no such a thing as a Geneva Convention, so assume medieval/renaissance rules of engagement.

on the topic of flamethrower, actually got curious so i looked around and from what i found, they only heavily restricted incendiary weapons (including napalm) from 1983. from what i can see on the treaty itself on the UNODA treaty database, it specifically prohibits its usage against civilians, forests, and any military positions near to large concentrations of civilians (eg: unevacuated cities). it gives exemptions to burning forests when it's hiding military objectives or is the military objective, and also exempts smoke grenades that have a secondary incendiary effect.

in short, there is currently no ban to use flamethrowers for military purposes as long as it's not targeting civilians. the military just didn't use it since it doesn't have a good range (average effective range is about 20 meters), you're not going to have enough fuel to keep it going for too long (unless you're in a flamethrowing vehicle), and therefore it's not very cost efficient.

Dex-chan lover
@democarplus I've long suspected some people believe that even the use of artillery must be a war crime. I guess that's what decades of peace and no connection whatsoever to the military can do to people. Not that decades of peace would be a bad thing. It's the best, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread