isekai that isnt shit

Dex-chan lover
Ride on King has a special place in my heart as the MC is now literally a villain of most the international community.

Dex-chan lover
Ride on King has a special place in my heart as the MC is now literally a villain of most the international community.
When it started out, it was based on the meme version of Putin at that time. Funnily, the character itself further showed himself as morally superior by directly stating that starting an attack war was a shit thing to do when the chapter after the "Great self own of Russia" started.

Dex-chan lover
When it started out, it was based on the meme version of Putin at that time. Funnily, the character itself further showed himself as morally superior by directly stating that starting an attack war was a shit thing to do when the chapter after the "Great self own of Russia" started.
I kind of want to write a short story of how the "discussion" between the author and editors was when news broke out that the real man enacted his "legacy writing".

Would be hilarious to imagine

"The time I memed and wrote an isekai of a president but he started an invasion in real life instead"

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny, the guy asking isekai who arent shit, and started by saying he find Arifureta good

I dropped that manga faster than I dropped smartphone in another world. And thats saying something

Some well-thought isekai that isn't merely an otaku fantasy.
1. The beginning after the end. (if you think mushoku tensei is trash, than you might like this)
2. Youjo senki.
3. Dungeon Meshi (for me this is technically isekai).
4. Overlord.
5. Faraway paladin.
6. Suisei no gargantia (for me this is technically isekai).

7. Mushoku tensei
8. Release that witch

(7.) and (8.) is personal preference, but most might think it is thrash, which imo is totally wrong.

Honestly, I think what is wrong is not the isekai, but your tastes. How come you say 80% of isekai is thrash while thinking arifurate or fff-thrash-hero might be good. That's the epitome of generic self-insert/self-fulfillment isekai.

Contributor
If I were to only pick one, it would be Ascendance of a bookworm.
For me it nails the balance of seriousness and humor, with a great pace when it comes to lore and world building.

The manga isnt at the level of PunPun, but thats okay, as I heavily prefer to read this story through the LN to get more intimate with the characters, which are really great.

Part one (first arc) of the manga is done, while part 2, 3 and 4 is being drawn simultaneously by 3 different Mangakas.
The protagonist goes from weak to strong over several arcs, but still leaves her heavily dependant on others to make what she needs, which ofc makes the cast wast, but they are introduced in a decent pace that doesnt leave me guessing which character we are talking to again and in a way that makes me want to cheer them on and see their side of the story, which we luckily do in the side stories of the LN.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been reading this one recently, I like it, and it's more serious with less isekai tropes. I had to read the LN, I couldn't wait for the manga chapters
Highserk Senki

This one was pretty fun, chapters are not on Mangadex but you can find it for free if you google it:
Isekai Arigatou

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah the issue is Isekai is the easiest genre to make generic crap and every publisher wants another Overlord..... For the longest time I had a block on the genre of Isekai cause I just hated reading the same thing over and over again. Eventually I had to remove the block cause like 80% of series end up with the isekai genre.

Another issue is many series that have no right to be Isekai infact are just cause they have like references to it in like the first chapter or 2 then never mention it again for that classic bait and switch.

Fed-Kun's army
u guys missing these:
5star for those that are special to me.
4.5star for those that i really want to watch when i have a day off and want to really relax while listening to my favorite japanese songs. or just read them just like that cause i don't feel like listening to music.
4star for titles i enjoy and want to watch every month or leave them just on hold and stack them up.
below 4star its for those i might want to watch whenever i feel like it without a feeling of regret like: "quack, i wanted to read more..."
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - 5star cause i like both the manga/lightnovel.
Risou no Himo Seikatsu - 3.5 the female heroin is a Sensual one so yeah.
Kokan Musou Kraware Yuusha wa Mazoku ni Aisareru 4.5star i can't tell you much about it cause its been 6 months since last translation, so its score is still premature... im still in hopes someone picks it up.
Dungeon Tou de Yadoya wo Yarou Souzou Mahou wo Moratta Ore no Hosoude Hanjouki 4.5star not bad at all.
Isekai Demo Bunan ni Ikitai Shoukougun 4star its not trash and i like it.
Isekai Ryouridou 4star not bad at all.
29-sai Dokushin wa Isekai de Jiyuu ni Ikita……katta 4star i like sex.
Isekai Tensei Soudouki 4star? its been while (like moar than a year) since i read a chapter, so its score could be lower. its one of those series i've stacked up without caring about it.
Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai 3.8star just there. it does no harm to my well-being.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread