Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - Vol. 9 Ch. 46 - Episode 46

alu

Dex-chan lover
I'm of the faction that likes those "wa"s, "dearimasu"s, ....

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I kinda like just awkwardly keeping the speech mannerisms at the end opposed to how the official light novels handle it...... like how they gave the one robot girls a fake Italian accent. OR how they made Renee speak like a 'British orphan' and call Touya 'bruv'.

The verbal tics are nice and help show the character’s characteristics and also tell who is talking XD also thank you for the new translation XD XP

well... the different ways of each character to talk like an accent, is to make easy to understand who is talking on WN/LN since is full text, is nice that you keep them
once again thanks for the new chapter

They all mean "this is a pen" but the real question is which one propels a tissue the most.

For the uninitiated:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/06/06/national/media-national/pen-coronavirus-theories/

Dex-chan lover
OR how they made Renee speak like a 'British orphan' and call Touya 'bruv'.
@Moraza Seriously? That sounds like a joke scanlation I've seen before that's probably only still on here because nobody else is going to bother translating that particular series without making fun of it the entire time.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro

The Officially translated light Novel actually has her say "You wot mate?" when Touya offers to hire her.

Dex-chan lover
Did the translator really have to explain what servants are?

Supporter
I also prefer having those verbal tics they do, it's a simple way to convey character that doesn't sacrifice much.

Dex-chan lover
Love the fact that you kept them: like you said; the uniqueness of the character is lost. Like not having a Tsundere say "baka". Besides if you are a manga/anime "lover" you should know this "things" already.

Edit: Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
i'm part of the side that doesn't like keeping the japanese speech patterns.... but since the other comments are mentioning what the official translation is doing, i have to say keeping the japanese is the lesser of two evils

Users who are viewing this thread