In Another World With My Smartphone

Dex-chan lover
Bow down you heathens for Jesusphone graced himself upon mangadex

Contributor
Is every volume cover going to be just him taking selfies with different girls? I think so.

Fed-Kun's army
Quite nice manga :)
That princess, cant wait to their answer.

Group Leader
Glad that charlotte's getting the attention in the manga. The anime kinda very much ignored that character. I'm sorry

It might be interesting for a reincarnation isekai to explore the idea that the MC doesn't accept their death. Would set up a pretty good subplot/subtheme for a few arcs loosely modeled around the stages of grief. It would also create interesting character development. I suppose sans reincarnation this describes something similar to Shield Hero but in my head the MC reaches acceptance sooner and the plot doesn't become boring after that.

Ahh yes! This chapter brings back memories! It's hard to believe how far he's come since this chapter was written.

If you want to read the translated novel chapters, they are at Raising The Dead's old and new websites: (http://raisingthedead.ninja/current-projects/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/ and https://rtd.moe/, respectively.) They have completed chapters 254, 255, & 256 on the new site and all the older ones can be found on the old site. They average one new chapter a week. With regards to this manga chapter (Chapter 10), it mostly corresponds to Chapters 26 & 27 in the novel. You could say about 2.7 novel chapters are covered in each manga chapter so there's at least 85 manga chapters still remaining! ? (If they commit to doing manga for the entire novel, that is.) ?

@Fadamor Don't forget to clarify that they translate the web novel, and not the light novel. And only the LN is canon.

Double-page supporter
I don't like the anime. I haven't read the novel/s (I don't think I can tolerate the character's inner thoughts any more than is minimally necessary). But this manga adaptation of the story is actually quite light and funny, for all its lack of excitements, drama, and challenges.

Group Leader
"I don't want a harem"

I mean, you're already in the trash pile. While you're there, you might as well make it more trash...

Couldn't make it past the second chapter. The characters didn't show an ounce of personality and the world and plot were entirely too generic. If someone can tell me if it gets better I'll give it another go, but as it stands I'm not impressed. Imo, isekia is just another in a long line of bad nightmares the manga industry undergoes every once and a while that suck the life out it like a leech. They'll be discarded like old trash in a year or two :/

Contributor
As with a lot of harems the girls pretty much immediately become irrelevant to the story. Especially in this one, as Yumina basically takes over any sort of interaction with the plot that the girls who had been there before might have had. Touya turns into a henpecked husband-to-be who has no input on who is added to his harem while also somehow becoming very angry at anyone who looks at them wrong despite not even having romantic feelings for them.
The story becomes interesting enough later on and the harem is basically throwaway background at that point so I haven't dropped it.

Fed-Kun's army
I was wondering if the anime, Had a Manga aswell.

Look at that, It does have one.

Supporter
Still can never tell if this is an attempt at making a sardonic post-ironic work, or if it's a series that can be this disgustingly cliché

Dex-chan lover
This defines the bottom line of the isekai genre

Users who are viewing this thread