Isekai Walking - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - A Gentle Lie

Dex-chan lover
Gotta say, in comparison to the WN and LN, manga took way too long to get to this point that all the added manga fluff was starting to fool me, in the WN this is only around ch20-21 which is only halfway WN Arc 1 and LN Volume 1

Given that the WN have 540 chapters ongoing and the LN 5 Volumes, gonna be forever to get anywhere

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And look, I see the ship speeding away from the port...it's out in the open waters...it gets torpedoed by an U-boot! Oh the humanity! Everyone is dead...

Dex-chan lover
Gotta say, in comparison to the WN and LN, manga took way too long to get to this point that all the added manga fluff was starting to fool me, in the WN this is only around ch20-21 which is only halfway WN Arc 1 and LN Volume 1

Given that the WN have 540 chapters ongoing and the LN 5 Volumes, gonna be forever to get anywhere
Mangaka seems to be stalling just because he knows how unpopular it would be.

Dex-chan lover
I like this development, I dislike the reasoning 💀. It's very bittersweet and feels heartfelt and real, but is bogged down by his reason to split from them being lowk dumb

Dex-chan lover
Yep it's totally "best for the both of you" that you both hide your feelings and split up, likely to never see each other ever again because it's a large fantasy world with seemingly no communication magic and no means of quickly traveling between places as the manga has made it quite clear that journeys between towns take multiple days at a time. I get that Sora's concerned about this "gaze" but c'mon... you are about as close to Chris and her sister as you can be and you abandon the entire relationship?

I guess the author must have ran out of ideas about what to do with the current party but dumping two basically main characters after they've been together for over thirty-five chapters is a very strange move. With those two gone, the only actual characters in the story are what? Sora and the cloud spirit thing that doesn't talk?
it is sad but LET THE AUTHOR COOK

Dex-chan lover

It's the kind of manga where they don't plan to adapt a lot. Maganka was perhaps padding

Dex-chan lover
NGL, I thought that gaze was from that spirit thing. So I really didn't think it was that important.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is too bitter that I can only feel apathy for the end of the chapter, this is too cruel to just say "Farewell, good luck in your journey"

Dex-chan lover
i straight up forgot about the person watching him now it makes sense as to why hes not trying to go with them even though the girls want him to travel together

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what the author's plans are, but things can go just two ways at this point:
  • the author makes them actually split, attempting some half-assed story about the MC's adventures
  • this chapter is just a cliffhanger and in the next few chapters something "big" happens for them to stick together
I could understand if this was some drama/psychological kind of story, but both the "comedy" and "romance" tags are there, which makes me doubt this development will go anywhere at this point.

I'm betting on the fact the "mysterious gaze" will come out next chapter, they will fight it/understand what's going on and for some reason they'll just stick together again.
PS: I also want a "harem" tag to not leave out the other girl, but a man can only dream at this point
The adaptation, having made the best in-story excuse that it could for returning to follow the shitty novel, is going to return to following the shitty novel.

Users who are viewing this thread