Isekai Walking - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Cheese

Dex-chan lover
A bit weird for cheese to be something only a single small village makes. If it was a specialty cheese, or something along those lines, sure, but just plain old cheese? It's not like making cheese is difficult, so surely it would have spread.
Yeah that is a bit of an oversight from the author, cause if they are making a story in a world setting based on medieval times, they should have known cheese was pretty much one of the main food sources for farmers of that time.

Cheese not being a major food supply in this setting makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that is a bit of an oversight from the author, cause if they are making a story in a world setting based on medieval times, they should have known cheese was pretty much one of the main food sources for farmers of that time.

Cheese not being a major food supply in this setting makes no sense.
even tomatoes. I'm betting that once Sora tries to make pizza, the cheese and tomato industry would easily bloom.

throwing and shooting then upgraded spatial magic? 🤔🤔🤔 I guess the confrontation with the spy is near with evacuation to other counties are brought up as well.

Dex-chan lover
i cant read the chapter it says in 6 hours anybody knows the reason

Dex-chan lover
Man, if not for the fact this kid has no testicles and gave up the chance to travel with two cute girls, one of which he CLEARLY wanted to be with, this would be comfy as all hell. A little village with happy people who welcome a traveler is such a simple thing, yet it's a great thing because it's so grounded.

Dex-chan lover
cheese-wallace-and-gromit.gif

Group Leader
ooohhhh!
nice toast sandwitchs filled with salad, tomatoes, and FREAKIN' INDUSTRIAL CHEESE !

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

While the girls will be missed, I am very happy to see Sora and Ciel having fun traveling. I was worried this was gonna do that thing where a character leaves, so the next four or five chapters are money affairs about how the MC misses them...

Dex-chan lover
A bit weird for cheese to be something only a single small village makes. If it was a specialty cheese, or something along those lines, sure, but just plain old cheese? It's not like making cheese is difficult, so surely it would have spread.
It's not just weird, it's downright impossible. You can't not have cheese if you have dairy livestock, there's not a single culture that does. Cheese is literally thousands of years old for a reason - it's that obvious an idea (milk curdles on its own after a while) and it's that important, being the simplest way to preserve milk in a pre-electricity era.

tl dr even by isekai standards, this is lazy worldbuilding

Dex-chan lover
I had a 3 of a kind cheese pizza today and my god the flavour and texture were to die for.
Although I bet it would be even better if all the ingredients were made or grown traditionally and severed
fresh like in a small town like that.

Thanks everyone at Haikai Scans for the translations

Users who are viewing this thread