Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - Curse

Dex-chan lover
Idk why people wanted more than talking in this chapter, Sora was not going to fucking win without a really dumb Deus ex machina power. All of the threats he has dealt with so far are small compared to this demon. He gave Ignis intel and Ignis got what he wanted. Pretty decent exchange and it sets up the dynamic between the demons and the king pretty well, which has been referenced since the start. And it's just supposed to be a series about him enjoying the world so the plot is bound to take a while to reveal itself. I like how creepy Ignis liked for him to turn out to be a pretty reasonable person

Dex-chan lover
I only got through about half of the comments, so I can't really speak for the latter half. However I am pleasantly surprised the number of people with positive reactions to the outcome.
Sadly, while I really can't say "the vast majority" of comments I see in most Isekai manga (or fantasy fiction with powerful MCs), still far, FAR too many of them are people moaning and whining about the MCs being pathetic, passive and cowardly... even when the situation simply doesn't immediately call for violence, that is what they demand. It's depressing and disgusting.

I came here to defend the MC and provide a rational line of reasoning for his actions. I'm very pleasantly surprised that I don't have to. Others have effectively already said what I would have.

Dex-chan lover
Uhh, if you paid attention to earlier chapters (LIKE WHEN THE KING SENT THE ASSASSIN) it's pretty clear the king is the real badguy. Ignis even revealed that demons aren't connected to monsters.
King definitely started the war. He was a bad guy from day 1 and will certainly prove to be the problem. Ignis on the other hand, other than having very little problems murdering people, seemed somewhat reasonable.

Group Leader
demon playing with ants
just... the curse won't kill him but will make him suffer enough for him to wish he was dead? so he can still get a no pain skill then do as if the curse didn't existed?

Dex-chan lover
Bro really said “understandable have a nice day”

Fr though absolutely rare to see actual deescalation in an isekai story, like I know it can be boring as fuck sometimes but this actually put in suspense a little bit, and it showed the demons aren’t ruthlessly evil or stubborn and are capable of reason which is depth that isn’t really showcased in a lot of characters especially this guy who looked like the stereotype “uncaring super-strong monster” who the hero needs to beat at the end of a big attack or something but no bro was just chill with it

Dex-chan lover
Think about it. The previous monster subjugation army who are not even a threat to the demon king got their numbers reduced by half, and the survivors got injured badly.
And this Sora is literally a summoned hero who has potential to get strong enough to be a threat for the demon king, and Ignis just let him go with simple curse?
Talk about double standard.
Ignis explained his reasoning, he was attacked and he retaliated. won't you fight back if you suddenly got attacked by someone?

Dex-chan lover
Ignis explained his reasoning, he was attacked and he retaliated. won't you fight back if you suddenly got attacked by someone?
Umm... Ignis attacked first, he disintegrated a leading wagon then knights fired and he proceeded to do exterminatus like Isstvan III.

Dex-chan lover
Umm... Ignis attacked first, he disintegrated a leading wagon then knights fired and he proceeded to do exterminatus like Isstvan III.
Ignis attacked the one guy who had already drawn a bow pointed at him. (That is, according to the single panel flashback in ch63) It's just that his retaliation has a huge AoE so there were collaterals, and everything just snowballed from there.

If a stranger points a gun at you with safety off, would you shoot him first or wait until he shoots and then shoot back?

Dex-chan lover
Ignis attacked the one guy who had already drawn a bow pointed at him. (That is, according to the single panel flashback in ch63) It's just that his retaliation has a huge AoE so there were collaterals, and everything just snowballed from there.

If a stranger points a gun at you with safety off, would you shoot him first or wait until he shoots and then shoot back?
Oh yeah, forgot the flashback, but aren't arrows like a NERF darts to him?

pretty chill for a demon that just killed some guys because one of them was looking at him funny

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't matter. It's the intention to attack which prompted him to retaliate.
Well, at least it seems that way.
I don't know man, I tend not to empty a magazine into a kid with a BB gun...

They're presumably at war, but that massacre was way over the top.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know man, I tend not to empty a magazine into a kid with a BB gun...

They're presumably at war, but that massacre was way over the top.
Counter argument, this is war and he doesn't know what they're capable of, so for safety he killed most people just in case.

Reminder that in real life many children got shot or killed because of toy guns that looked like real guns, since cops can't take the risk.

Sure we know they never had a chance, but Ignis wouldn't know that, if anything he did the right decision, never underestimate your enemy.

Dex-chan lover
Counter argument, this is war and he doesn't know what they're capable of, so for safety he killed most people just in case.

Reminder that in real life many children got shot or killed because of toy guns that looked like real guns, since cops can't take the risk.

Sure we know they never had a chance, but Ignis wouldn't know that, if anything he did the right decision, never underestimate your enemy.
Then summoning kidnapping heroes would be pointless if a garrison of knights with few adventures would be enough to take down a demon. This was literally an overkill.

You're giving an example of human vs. human.

Knights fired a volley of arrows, Ignis effortlessly put on a barrier making their only way of attack rather no match for him at all.

If, probably, demons be painted as the good guys, that's a huge power scale and unnecessary escalation of the conflict. That single skirmish did a bad rep to their goals and seeded fear with prejudice in humans.

Dex-chan lover
Then summoning kidnapping heroes would be pointless if a garrison of knights with few adventures would be enough to take down a demon. This was literally an overkill.

You're giving an example of human vs. human.

Knights fired a volley of arrows, Ignis effortlessly put on a barrier making their only way of attack rather no match for him at all.

If, probably, demons be painted as the good guys, that's a huge power scale and unnecessary escalation of the conflict. That single skirmish did a bad rep to their goals and seeded fear with prejudice in humans.
You're ignoring the fact that they don't know what the kingdom is capable of, just because they summoned heroes doesn't mean they didn't had or later got new weapons, this is literally war, you don't screw around.
Especially because depending on the summoned heroes power, they might be able to create super weapons.
Fact is Ignis don't know what they're capable of, making assumptions that everyone else is weak and only the heroes are dangerous is just plain stupid.

I think you're misunderstanding something, who says this is a war of humans vs demons? As far as we know it's this kingdom in particular attacking everyone else, including other humans.

Dex-chan lover
You're ignoring the fact that they don't know what the kingdom is capable of, just because they summoned heroes doesn't mean they didn't had or later got new weapons, this is literally war, you don't screw around.
Especially because depending on the summoned heroes power, they might be able to create super weapons.
Fact is Ignis don't know what they're capable of, making assumptions that everyone else is weak and only the heroes are dangerous is just plain stupid.

I think you're misunderstanding something, who says this is a war of humans vs demons? As far as we know it's this kingdom in particular attacking everyone else, including other humans.
First few shots was enough to show Ignis is unmatched, that's enough proof.

Might as well attacking other humans in an all out war, that doesn't change they're quite overpowered.

Dex-chan lover
First few shots was enough to show Ignis is unmatched, that's enough proof.

Might as well attacking other humans in an all out war, that doesn't change they're quite overpowered.
Again, war, him annihilating the enemy is not invalid, especially because again, he doesn't know what they're capable of, you take him as unmatched because you as the reader know more than Ignis and the humans, but in-universe Ignis doesn't know what they can do, so he's not taking any chances.

Irrelevant if they're overpowered, because again, war, as they say, fuck around and find out.
And no, there's no need for an all out war, they attacked first, they suffer the consequences.
You don't get to start a war and then whine when you get your ass kicked.

Just because one side is the "good guys" it doesn't mean they need to play "nice", this is fucking war, war is ugly and brutal even when the sides are equal, why would it be diferent just because one side is stronger?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread