Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 53 - Palle's Intention

Dex-chan lover
In this case, I would say It’s more about communication skill in conveying surprising facts and not just being mature.

Falma has to reveal he is a top class pharmacist in a professional way so he can diagnose Palle (not revealing means Palle may not know if he can trust the resulting diagnosis). Or if Palle got slighted he might run off.
After that share his analysis (of a potentially fatal illness) in a way that Palle can accept as correct, otherwise he might not heed the advice/take the treatment.

IMO, both in combination is very difficult since Palle has intentionally hide his illness from his family and by extension, Falma. And Falma was originally a researcher not a doctor.
just crack him on the back of the head and add that to the list of shit to fix, problem solves

Dex-chan lover
I didn't mention before, but the thing that I find stupid? It's not that Falta didn't use his powers on his brother, but that he don't use it at all out of work.

Hear me out, dude literally knows how there's a bunch of diseases that can catch you by surprise even with modern medicine, which makes them even more dangerous to the era he reincarnated, if it was me I would be using my power all the fucking time just to make sure nobody is sick, at bare minimum with my family and important people in my life, he literally just need to look at them for a fucking minute to know if there's anything wrong.

Typical shitty japanese writing where they never really use the powers to its fful potential :angery:
youd drive yourself nuts acting like that though

Dex-chan lover
youd drive yourself nuts acting like that though
That's a fair point, might cause paranoia from always wondering if they caught something lol, but he could do at least like a monthly check-up on everyone, just a quick look, the power is just too convenient to not do it :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Okay, at least he's trying to cure his sickness instead of causing drama

Dex-chan lover
He's sick?? So he's gonna die? Hooray! Let the shitty asshole die!
I think Farma is too 'good' of a person to let family die, unless there's not rly a current way to treat his condition but there is 'magic' in this world to so it should be more possibly

Or even if he does dislike his brother maybe it'll be the same 'illness' that his original sister has for the sympathetic view

Dex-chan lover
This is classic case, this could've been solved by simply fucking opening your mouth and saying your intention. Not showboating and doing a duel and pissing everyone off to state your intention in a roundabout way.

He could've just stated he came here as a patient when they met outside the pharmacy. But nooo.. dude is too above for such shit.

Dex-chan lover
Bunch of people with ego high as the Everest.
And of course, we gonna have the obligatory "a child like you? Can cure me? I refuse!" Before he finally agrees... Which means this gonna be drag out more 🙄
And seriously, i understand if the news didn't reach him overseas. But at your hometown?
Nobody knew his lil bro is the royal pharmacist? It was his own backyard but he can't manage to find out who's the owner?
Sure, for the sake of the reveal plot, lets make everyone dumb and oblivious

Dex-chan lover
I didn't mention before, but the thing that I find stupid? It's not that Falta didn't use his powers on his brother, but that he don't use it at all out of work.

Hear me out, dude literally knows how there's a bunch of diseases that can catch you by surprise even with modern medicine, which makes them even more dangerous to the era he reincarnated, if it was me I would be using my power all the fucking time just to make sure nobody is sick, at bare minimum with my family and important people in my life, he literally just need to look at them for a fucking minute to know if there's anything wrong.

Typical shitty japanese writing where they never really use the powers to its fful potential :angery:
It's not really shitty writing? His power isn't Automatic Detect Disease. It's Symptoms Checklist. He has to notice a symptom, and then make/guess a diagnosis, then down to a cure, Step by step. Can you imagine doing a Full Body Inspection Every Day for All your Loved Ones? How many diseases exist? How many symptoms are shared by multiple illnesses? This isn't House where Dr. House makes a miraculous diagnosis. This would drive anyone mad, trying to go through all the random diseases that don't show standard symptoms until later. And this is before anyone around him might be Senior Citizen Old, in which case the number of possible diseases explode.

His really Underused and Overpowered Power, is his material creation power. That's bonkers OP. Even in this Realish based world, he could literally create anything. He could be making Magic Batteries and Legendaries for everyone.

And, as you can see on the title page for Ch 54. This is just a continuation of their long standing childhood friends rivalry.

Yeah, just based on his bruises and the brutal backstory for the little sister brain tumor, I would have guessed the C Word.

Dex-chan lover
it's stuff like this which makes me question Eleonore's concern at the beginning of the series about Falma using up all of his magic for the rest of his life in that one singular attack.
I get the distinct impression it was something that sounded like a cool limitation in the beginning of the series to highlight how powerful he was, but annoying to keep up with in the long run so the author ignored it after it stopped being relevant.

Dex-chan lover
GZuh3ue.png

:smugchisato: A strong and gifted waifu.
uihuNlQ.png

Even the townsfolk are in awe.

Dex-chan lover
It's not really shitty writing? His power isn't Automatic Detect Disease. It's Symptoms Checklist. He has to notice a symptom, and then make/guess a diagnosis, then down to a cure, Step by step. Can you imagine doing a Full Body Inspection Every Day for All your Loved Ones? How many diseases exist? How many symptoms are shared by multiple illnesses? This isn't House where Dr. House makes a miraculous diagnosis. This would drive anyone mad, trying to go through all the random diseases that don't show standard symptoms until later. And this is before anyone around him might be Senior Citizen Old, in which case the number of possible diseases explode.
Although you're not completely wrong, all his power do is show if someone has anything wrong with their body, it's true that he has to do trial and error and guess the disease, but simply knowing someone is sick already makes a lot of difference, at least from what I remember he don't need to know the person is sick for his eyes to detect the sickness
His really Underused and Overpowered Power, is his material creation power. That's bonkers OP. Even in this Realish based world, he could literally create anything. He could be making Magic Batteries and Legendaries for everyone.
I think the issue is that it's not sustainable, sooner or later he'll die, so he's better off teaching them how to make things instead of making everything himself, plus I'm not sure he literally can create anything, all the things he crated so far are stuff his intimially familiar with due to his profession, chances are he can't create much without full understanding of how they work.
And, as you can see on the title page for Ch 54. This is just a continuation of their long standing childhood friends rivalry.
Fucking rivalries always ruining lives lol
Yeah, just based on his bruises and the brutal backstory for the little sister brain tumor, I would have guessed the C Word.
cat?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is this brother suffering from terminal moronism?
He self-diagnosed, couldn't read the symptoms and find the disease he has contracted... and decided "that's it, I'm dead now"?
And kept it all a secret. (Aside from his assistant.)
His father is the leading imperial pharmacist, there are whole colleges of medicine and a new empress-certified pharmacy.
And he just now, as a last resort when he's at death door, decides to consult the new pharmacist he knows nothing about.
Which is better than nothing but still. And he didn't even believe that would help.
Just because he couldn't understand his condition, he decided that nobody could. Moronic ego 100.

Users who are viewing this thread