Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 54 - Farma Reveals the Truth

Fed-Kun's army
Falma should've gone out of his hiding spot way, way earlier than he did. Also Palle has no right to tell Falma, who not only cured the white death but also got a wide spreading epidemic under control, what he can and can't cure.
Palle has no idea Falma did those things, as Falma kept his identity secret. As a doctor, the older brother is doing exactly the right thing based on the information available to him. If anything, it's Falma's fault for keeping his ability a secret from his brother due to thinking "he'd act troublesome".

Dex-chan lover
I can fix you he says and then we wait for the next chapter

big bro was fakering pretty well since no one really had an idea he was sick

Dex-chan lover
1 day snipe really?

Yeah scanlator doesnt exactly have a right to mark a series, but surely you dont want a series just stop translating because someone feel like releasing 1-2 chapters and gone while the old scanlator already dropping it.

Dex-chan lover
Sniping isn't bad because a group has a claim on it or anything like it. Sniping is bad because it discourages the people who put their work onto their translations and have kept up with the series for a long time.
If a rando comes into an actively scanlated series and just translate 1 or a few chapters then disappear, the ramificaiton of that is the original group will no longer feel like their work is appreciated, and move on to do something else, leaving the series behind dead and untranslated.

Now if you're sniping Galaxy Degen Scans then it's a different matter.
GDS is the reason I don't mind snipers depending on context nowadays. I'm jaded by some TLer groups.

Yes if a series is monthly, it's normal to expect an update once a month, but if the RAW is ahead by quite a bit (and this one is apparently at Raw 55, so without this we would have been 2 chapters behind) and the TL release is still going monthly then it's going to be perpetually behind because it'll never catch up if it releases at the same rate.

Meanwhile some translators drip feed 1 chapter a month while the RAW is way ahead, someone snipes due to backlog, and the translator then dumps like 8 chapters up to the most recent.

"So you just had them the whole time? But you still kept dropping 1 chapter a month?"

Supporter
Chapter 51 to 53, put them into the volume please.
That would be incorrect. Volume 11 hasn't released yet in Japan (Japanese Amazon doesn't even have a listing for it yet, not even a pre-order one). While it stands to reason that those chapters will be in Vol 11 they aren't officially yet and therefore should not be listed as such.
I'd check Kodakawa's website, but they're apparently dealing with some major issues right now so most of the site is unreachable.

Double-page supporter
I'm jaded by some TLer groups.
So am I but I read those on aggregate websites and mangadex whenever Electromaster does a round - because as shitty as their practices are, they're (usually, though far from always) exquisite quality.

That would be incorrect. Volume 11 hasn't released yet in Japan (Japanese Amazon doesn't even have a listing for it yet, not even a pre-order one). While it stands to reason that those chapters will be in Vol 11 they aren't officially yet and therefore should not be listed as such.
I'd check Kodakawa's website, but they're apparently dealing with some major issues right now so most of the site is unreachable.
Ah I see, sorry, didn't know.

Dex-chan lover
Question as someone who is new to this whole scanlator drama and genuinely doesn't know: What's the deal with GDS?
they are the chapter withholding boogieman, where with a like 80% success rate, sniping a GDS scanlation that's far behind the raws usually ends up with GDS dropping like 3 chapters or smt in response.
not many other groups actually do this from my experience hence why "sniping" if we're putting it in quotation marks usually is considered negative since it decentivises the "slower" group to continue even after the sniper is caught up, and there's that like 80% chance the sniper just stops scanlating the thing since they never intended to pick up the manga in the first place. (aka, if a group is specifically made to "get you caught up", they aren't likely to actually continue the thing in the first place, which results in the aforementioned situation)

The best option for everyone around is just to ask the group to help them fill in the gap, scanlate the chapters they haven't finished/worked on yet to help em get caught up, or at least tell them that you're doing that even if they say no, so that no one ends up wasting time (any attempt at contact is better than no contact, since that's just a douche move).

This has been my ted talk

Dex-chan lover
Falma should've gone out of his hiding spot way, way earlier than he did. Also Palle has no right to tell Falma, who not only cured the white death but also got a wide spreading epidemic under control, what he can and can't cure.
Communication is a problem for the elder brother.
Its like arguing with a fictional American political activist; you will have to argue and be interrupted for every single minutia of your initial debate.

Double-page supporter
they are the chapter withholding boogieman, where with a like 80% success rate, sniping a GDS scanlation that's far behind the raws usually ends up with GDS dropping like 3 chapters or smt in response.
not many other groups actually do this from my experience hence why "sniping" if we're putting it in quotation marks usually is considered negative since it decentivises the "slower" group to continue even after the sniper is caught up, and there's that like 80% chance the sniper just stops scanlating the thing since they never intended to pick up the manga in the first place. (aka, if a group is specifically made to "get you caught up", they aren't likely to actually continue the thing in the first place, which results in the aforementioned situation)

The best option for everyone around is just to ask the group to help them fill in the gap, scanlate the chapters they haven't finished/worked on yet to help em get caught up, or at least tell them that you're doing that even if they say no, so that no one ends up wasting time (any attempt at contact is better than no contact, since that's just a douche move).

This has been my ted talk
Ahh, gotcha. The only problematic group/person I really knew much about was ComicDom (and their million aliases), so it's good to know about others. I've read some of GDS's scans and from what I remember, the quality was usually okay. Sucks that they hold chapters hostage though. I know there are other groups that are kinda dogshit in quality too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Thanks for the info!

Dex-chan lover
So am I but I read those on aggregate websites and mangadex whenever Electromaster does a round - because as shitty as their practices are, they're (usually, though far from always) exquisite quality.
I've had varying experiences, and on occasion they just slow drip monthly chapters but drop all the chapters on their own site which is just infested with ads and horrible site design. On one occasion a way while back, they were locking translated chapters on a Patreon.

At this point for me, if the RAW is ahead, there should be some token effort to try and catch up. If the translations come out one month on the dot at the fastest, then it's always going to be behind, or they fall behind even further. Even if it's translated within 20-25 days, instead of say every 30-31 days, there is headway being made to catch up. The rate on this manga for the last 5 chapters though was 3 days ago, then 2 months, then 3 months, then 6 months. At this rate they're going to fall behind even further rather than catch up.

If they're going to keep to a monthly schedule translation to finish, I don't mind if someone just fills the backlog to the recent, then they can do the once a month. If they clearly can't keep up with it because their team isn't interested in the series, then honestly I prefer they stop and let another party interested in it do it rather than claim dominion over a series, drag their feet, and stop anyone else from actually picking it up.

I've been involved in TLs for LNs (thought I've lightly touched toes into helping manga TLs), and we ensured to keep updates on a regular decent pace. When we lost interest in a series, we just dropped it instead of drawing out the pain which was just mentally taxing and miserable for the team + the followers waiting for an update.

Users who are viewing this thread