Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Lotte's Hiccups

I know it's a weird flex but I somehow can stop my hiccups at will. The moment a hiccup comes up I just need to concentrate for a couple seconds and bam! Hiccup is gone.

Dex-chan lover
@Deonepiece @boag you guys say that but just as @Morose said earlier he's been a dick for far longer then he's had
cancer
. you don't just turn into a complete asshole just because you get
cancer
, he's just like that naturally

I like this manga type with knowledge and science include, anyone know manga similar like this?

Dex-chan lover
The general idea of how to stop hiccups is to interrupt the misfiring nerve/muscle spasm of the diaphragm. Holding your breath keeps the diaphragm still, and drinking water keeps the epiglottis shut preventing you from breathing. The vagus is pretty deep to the ears, so I would think it'd be easier to stimulate the phrenic nerve as it crosses the anterior scalene in the neck.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow some new stuff to be learned today. Usually I just drink a lot of water.
And about time someone call out the scientific terms that he constantly blurted out.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm, isnt giving the patient a scare a popular way to handle hiccups? (dunno about its effectiveness though...) XD

is this real?
or just placebo?

if i suffer from anything that don't require much of medical attention, i usually just open a pack of cig and smoke it away like a real guy idiot.

Dex-chan lover
@ae0n it does help with hiccups though I found working my jawbone around to stimulate a similar effect in my ears as fingers works as well. Though I haven't had hiccups in months

Dex-chan lover
@IvoryPuma
@Doomer
It makes you desperate when
youre the family first born and dont know if youre little brother can take the pressure of leading the house when you die.

Dex-chan lover
@ae0n just read Ironclad's comment, or if you are feeling adventurous, like reaaaally adventurous you can go with Yukimusha's comment.

@addictive I don't have many that actually teach you... or, maybe I only have things that teach you, but they are all things you don't really want to know (like ones where the mc teaches you how to make soap).
But here a shoujou one that is pretty similar to this.

Doctor Elise
[ Meta-isekai | Timeleap ]
Korean, has official English translations
Doctor reincarnated into her previous world as her old childhood self.

Power Uploader
I was hoping for the digital rectal massage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiccup#Treatment

Fed-Kun's army
I think I've become weeb enough that I cringed when I saw that "elder brother" instead of "nii-san"

Users who are viewing this thread