Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 9 Ch. 44.2 - Present For Lotte

Dex-chan lover
He has partial sights loss.
His vision has holes at sides, not blurriness. So he more like sees trough pipes at all times. Debilitating yes but you can too write with a pen like that because the area of focus is still visible.
Not really, since the chapter does show that his visible view is wonky and distorted. Which is why I didn't believe that he could even draw straight.

Dex-chan lover
That blind spot test at the beginning doesn't work for me, though I did find a similar test on Youtube that actually works.

I'm not an art guy, so I actually appreciate that they go for Surrealism rather than just straight up Abstract. At least I could "get" some surreal painting.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking that medicine will help her get longer eye lashes is the same kind of thinking that led to a lot of poisonous make-up, even after it was known those substances were harmful.

That painting does not look like what one would see with that kind of eye damage. It's more of a physical representation of his emotions and thoughts, which isn't quite the same thing.

And as others have said, it's surrealism, not abstract art. I almost wonder if that's a translation thing, or if the Japanese have different terms for the art forms.

Group Leader
Those images are examples of surrealism, not of abstraction.
Let's just think about it.
This is Falma's POV mostly, and the people in that world doesn't know or have surealism yet.
Falma's knowledge are mostly around Pharmacy and Doctor stuff not Art.
Some people call Surealism art Abstract because of their lack of knowledge about stuff.

Last edited:
Woah, featuring glaucoma, is that like a personal attack or something?
Just looked at one of my eyedrops and it sounds like timolol is in there just secondary and the main thing is dorzolamid. And I use them twice a day, but maybe twice is too much if your eye pressure isn't so high that you're not experiencing pain? Also I don't remember reading about the longer eyelashes on this one, but it was written on the latanoprost one (and it's true, the eyelashes on my one eye are so fancy, tho I don't see the area around my eye darken)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah really, rather than just abstract those were very morbid focused. I think this was a disconnect between manga artist and writer.
Dude thought he was possessed and has instead been told he's going blind. He was also entirely focused on reality, having been robbed of that he's pulling things from his mind as he works through the grief. This is perfect.

Group Leader
If you're going to defend him, then throw a copy of The Shock of the New in front of a truck, so that he can read it.
We don't personally know Falma, but from what stuff his been doing for the last chapters back, that's what I came with.

Falma even indirectly saying the other types of painting exotic rather than unique artstyle. It kinda suggest he's not that much into it.
AOfgaQK.png

Secondly, Falma said that Duke Dale change his profession, and I think I remember that the Queen is the only one that can give a royal job to the people. She's the one that gave Lotte a badge of Royal Painter if I remember correctly, which makes her confirm and acknoledge by Queen.
XEmvXlv.png

Thirdly, since the Queen is the one that gives the Royal Profession, I do believe she's the one responsible for naming the said profession that was given to Duke Dale, right? And she's doesn't understand art but is interested.
j87zhWY.png

To summarize what I said, this is what Falma said in his mind based on what he heard. And Duke Dale changing his profession from Royal Painter to Royal Abstract Painter is because of the Queen, who don't understand art itself. So this world don't have the term called Surealism or surealist art yet, just that the word Abstract is common word so they called Duke Dale an Abstract Painter.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Page 29

This first painting of Duke Dale, it's like he painted the Ghost that captures/takes away the eyesight of the painters that he believes is real and the cause of his illness.
It's what the curse or ghost itself would look like if it did exist.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, Timolol. I'm using Timolol for glaucoma as well and I don't recall ever wanting to paint something like that lol

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work…
^^…

Nice, a continuation, not nice, a nightmare...
(OωO`)...

Dex-chan lover
Mild disappointment that they chose those specific art styles as the new art-form for the old painter -- it's a bit much of a leap in style change, not to mention the worse part with exactly what those styles represent with the movements they are from. There's just a bit of dissonance there that doesn't quite sit right with me. I guess if you do some mental gymnastics, you could get them to sort-of work/fit...? But that's... quite a lot of mental gymnastics there in all honesty =/
Yeah the whole thing was that he should draw the world he sees, so the distorted and twisted images, The last painting is more in line with that, but the other were not twisted distortions but things being swapped and repurposed, I said it elsewhere, the author and writer are separate people, this is probably a disconnect between them. Artist is clearly good at drawing nightmare fuel, so could be a preference as well.

Dex-chan lover
there's being abstract and then there's just painting horror paintings...

Dex-chan lover
This is my first thought upon seeing the painting he donated to Falma

Dex-chan lover
So Duke Dali Dale started being a Royal Nightmare Fuel Painter, gotcha. Kudos to whoever drew those art, I'm like the queen who also doesn't really understand them, but they're indeed quite interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread