Isekai Yururi Camp - Ch. 12 - Clara

Dex-chan lover
*Literally into the ground.

Killer plant is an excellent humbler.

So how difficult of a journey here did she have?

She went from the usual, "How dare you address her like that!?" to apologising for using the bath out of order. That's a bit extreme.

Yeah, saying thanks before eating isn't exactly a unique custom, but always portrayed just as uniquely Japanese as curry.

The effort of growing and harvest vegetables making it taste better is coping your brain does for you. It's a psychological effect that also makes you defend a product after buying it.

Dex-chan lover

So how difficult of a journey here did she have?

She went from the usual, "How dare you address her like that!?" to apologising for using the bath out of order. That's a bit extreme.

Yeah, saying thanks before eating isn't exactly a unique custom, but always portrayed just as uniquely Japanese as curry.

The effort of growing and harvest vegetables making it taste better is coping your brain does for you. It's a psychological effect that also makes you defend a product after buying it.
While yeah, IRL the taste of homegrown crops is usually placebo.

In this case, it is likely that his farm cheat powers magically alter the taste of his crops to taste better.

I assume magical beings can literally "taste the magic" infused in his crops.

Dex-chan lover
Man, come on... Furnish your house already.
After all this time, they're still eating without a proper table?

Supporter
Demon maid's attitude = successfully adjusted. Thank you for your work death plant

Dex-chan lover
So... the demon lord (and lady?) will probably visit them soonish.
And of course in the castle they will be surprised and frightened by Rentt and the magic stone, and will "force" the maid to serve as a contact/join the harem.

I love these slow living mangas, but sometimes....
Wait until Butler Rentt turns into a dryad, since that is the common trope.

Dex-chan lover
And of course in the castle they will be surprised and frightened by Rentt and the magic stone, and will "force" the maid to serve as a contact/join the harem.

I love these slow living mangas, but sometimes....
Doesn't have a harem tag, so far.
This one is very similar to Isekai Nonbiri Nouka except without the harem. It feels like a 'Ayo, can I copy your homework. Yeah sure, just make sure its slightly different.' sort of thing.
I expect the Demon lord will send some folks over to help serve as intermediaries but in this case, I don't think its gonna become a harem.

Aggregator gang
The maid can fly right? Why taking a walk tho? Yeah she mentioned the forest is dangerous but i think you'll be save if fly so high in the sky

Dex-chan lover

I do love the killer plant. Complete bro at this point, ahaha. Excellent anti-air, too!

Both of these always somewhat annoy me. I get that Japan is pretty insular, but you'd think that writers might occasionally do at least the minimum level of research on other cultures, even if it's experienced through an entertainment medium. It's very mockable.

In regards to the thanks before the meal, as far as I know, quite a few of the major cultures developed something similar to that pre-meal ritual (especially in regards to religions).

Dex-chan lover
It's very mockable.
And I like mocking. :D

In regards to the thanks before the meal, as far as I know, quite a few of the major cultures developed something similar to that pre-meal ritual (especially in regards to religions).
Here in Sweden we have three different cultural things we do before eating. Sort of. One is the Christian prayer before eating, saying grace. But much like religion, it's fallen out of favour.

One is the host or cook telling everyone it's okay to start eating, "Var så goda och ät," which basically means, "Help yourselves," in this context (lit. "Be so good and eat.")

The last one is about drinking, but still the same topic. If it's a festive meal with alcohol, we sing (briefly, wouldn't want to delay drinking too much) before drinking. Usually a travesty of another song themed around drinking, but there are a lot of songs written specifically for the purpose.

Dex-chan lover
you'd think that writers might occasionally do at least the minimum level of research on other cultures
They rarely do. It seems they mostly rely on their own experiences (which is probably why there's always plenty of stories about high school students, office workers, manga artists, writers and neets), the stories they read (copy-pasted themes and even entire plot arcs), and then their own intuition while randomly assuming things about the world.
I think they're just being efficient. I mean, nobody knows when your manga gets axed, so all the effort put into research goes to waste, assuming the readers would even appreciate reading facts about gaijins in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
They rarely do. It seems they mostly rely on their own experiences (which is probably why there's always plenty of stories about high school students, office workers, manga artists, writers and neets), the stories they read (copy-pasted themes and even entire plot arcs), and then their own intuition while randomly assuming things about the world.
I think they're just being efficient. I mean, nobody knows when your manga gets axed, so all the effort put into research goes to waste, assuming the readers would even appreciate reading facts about gaijins in the first place.
I agree to a degree... At the same time, however, I think that a well-developed knowledge of other cultures serves across many situations, not just in this context.

Users who are viewing this thread