Issho ni Kurashite ii desu ka? - Ch. 22 - What is a Marriage Agency?

Dex-chan lover
The guy is like me fr fr. He's earning decently (it's a bank according to the card) but terribly lonely because everyone seems progressing because of marriagešŸ˜­ I feel like people in comment are too harsh on him. Some men when they were younger, they were too busy with work but realized something is wrong when in thirty they still can't find a partner. Happens to many.

I do understand the girls' view though. It's impossible to ask for that many conditions. But then again, we're this far in the series, they are all outlandishly pretty and likeable in their own ways, you want to talk realism now? Yeah

I would like the date to turn out well though. Like after the date, she'll tell him what's he lacking. He is making an effort after all, having a woman's opinion is good.

Last edited:
Unless it's a translation issue here -- I didn't know it was lofty to want a family-oriented woman that actually liked her husband.

It was so off-putting for the cast to react like that to his preferences, especially when he's not showing himself lazy or self-centered.

Sounds like the guy just wants to be liked more and is willing to improve himself accordingly.
It's the "who's always accepting everything about me" part that is going a bit too far into dreamland

Dex-chan lover
the glasses guy, he's a good guy, I hope he's paired with a good woman as well, not the one that having countless daddies in the past, bc that'd be heartbreaking

Supporter
Unless it's a translation issue here -- I didn't know it was lofty to want a family-oriented woman that actually liked her husband.

It was so off-putting for the cast to react like that to his preferences, especially when he's not showing himself lazy or self-centered.

Sounds like the guy just wants to be liked more and is willing to improve himself accordingly.
The unrealistic parts were "smiling all the time" and "accepting if everything about me".

Even he himself has admitted that he has a lot to improve on - but the woman he describes would simply accept him as-is, which is unreasonable seeing as he doesn't accept himself as-is.

And "smiling all the time" is an unrealistic expectation to have of any person, especially one that we have (or intend to have) as a partner. People have their ups and downs, and part of being supportive of your partner is helping them deal with not being at their best, emotionally.

Granted, it does seem like he's doing his best to work on himself and he definitely doesn't seem to be entitled or anything - more that he's setting himself up for disappointment with his lofty expectations.

Power Uploader
This chapter takes the cake for being the most dogshit fucking chapter ever. Not only does this enable this new "One of the girls from MC's harem and the ugly side character friend of MC" ship, it also pisses off a part of the readers that prefer the series to be a solo-male one. At least his other guy friend spawned with a girlfriend. This piggy is literally taking one of the keys from the MC's pocket. What the fuck is wrong with Sasuga Kei

Also, I'm glad that "Chigyu" is kept in and not some dumbass fucking localized word like "NPC". I'm a 100% sure that if this shit gets an official translation, that's exactly what they will do.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter takes the cake for being the most dogshit fucking chapter ever. Not only does this enable this new "One of the girls from MC's harem and the ugly side character friend of MC" ship, it also pisses off a part of the readers that prefer the series to be a solo-male one. At least his other guy friend spawned with a girlfriend. This piggy is literally taking one of the keys from the MC's pocket. What the fuck is wrong with Sasuga Kei

Also, I'm glad that "Chigyu" is kept in and not some dumbass fucking localized word like "NPC". I'm a 100% sure that if this shit gets an official translation, that's exactly what they will do.
I feel quite differently. Having all the girls in a series have eyes for the MC only and never being approached by anyone else even when shown to be extremely attractive and generally good people just doesn't make any sense IMO. Besides, no harem would be even possible without conflict and possessiveness from someone involved. In real life, it always necessitates economic or social coertion. That's just not how love works

Power Uploader
I feel quite differently. Having all the girls in a series have eyes for the MC only and never being approached by anyone else even when shown to be extremely attractive and generally good people just doesn't make any sense IMO. Besides, no harem would be even possible without conflict and possessiveness from someone involved. In real life, it always necessitates economic or social coertion. That's just not how love works
Well thank God manga doesn't work how real life works. If realism mattered to me or to anyone then they would click off this manga from the first chapter. Because that is definitely not how human interactions work, and harem in general is just unrealistic.

Harem wars, Mary Sue MC, every girl being extremely attractive and only having their eyes for the perfect MC, all these themes are a part of manga. Bringing in realism defeats the point. It's like arguing about historical inaccuracies in a fictional story.

There are plenty of ways to bring conflict and possessiveness in harem. There are so many harem that does that so well. The trope in this chapter that I'm talking about is generally frowned upon. Besides, it wasn't even done in a good manner. It's super shallow and a get out of jail card for the author to play whenever she realizes that the fanbase doesn't care about Anju anymore.

Dex-chan lover
feels like the author are trying to teach weebs to improve their selves
Life lessons from the author whose last work had the protagonist abandon his child and can't even say why would she end it that way (unless I missed some interview and I hope I did).

But eh, even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

Dex-chan lover
yes, but it's not like the reason is making any sense tho
around 10:37
Funny thing, I did watch that and yep, it just doesn't explain it at all, perhaps she can't put it into words, or did it on a whim and can't really explain it herself. I have the unfortunate experience of knowing someone who has been losing control over his mind and decision over the years turning into a destructive person, the problem is he will "commit" to whatever stupid thing he does like his reputation is on the line no matter how asinine it gets.

Not to compare her to someone like this, but rather than not all choices are rational so at the end of the day maybe she really doesn't know herself or can't bring herself to say it.

Users who are viewing this thread