Isshou Hatarakitakunai Ore ga Classmate no Daininki Idol ni Natsukaretara - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Millefeuille Stars (2)

Dex-chan lover
I don't find "better than store-bought" to be particularly amazing. If it's in a store, it means it's been sitting on a shelf for at least a while, which doesn't tend to do food any good.
'Store bought' implies convenience store, in which I'd agree with you. I'm wondering if they actually mean to imply convenience store though, rather than simply 'purchased food', which would then include things like street stalls which can be pretty effing fantastic food. Technically when you get delivery food that's 'store bought' as well, its just that, like any language, fluency in the language makes you use certain words because of their connotations that might not translate.

Dex-chan lover
'Store bought' implies convenience store, in which I'd agree with you.
That was my assumption, since restaurant food was mentioned later, and I took that as a distinction rather than synonym. As you also mentioned, translations can go in different directions since different languages have different connotations for the same words.

... street stalls which can be pretty effing fantastic food.
Street stalls range from absolute garbage to best food in town (if you're looking for the best burger in any city, it's most likely at some obscure street stall), so I don't find it a particularly useful comparison.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL.
I've noticed recently that I like idol manga/anime in general but I hate/skip all the music, dances and idol circle jerking lol
Am I stupid?
The only exception to this is love live music, they go hard.

Supporter
Thanks for the TL.
I've noticed recently that I like idol manga/anime in general but I hate/skip all the music, dances and idol circle jerking lol
Am I stupid?
The only exception to this is love live music, they go hard.
I like most battle/mecha shounen except for the battle parts. It's not weird to enjoy the structure of a subgenre but not the content native to it. (That said, I'm only really ok with actual idol content if it's B Komachi or Sweet Bullet.)

Dex-chan lover
I like most battle/mecha shounen except for the battle parts. It's not weird to enjoy the structure of a subgenre but not the content native to it. (That said, I'm only really ok with actual idol content if it's B Komachi or Sweet Bullet.)
I remember that macross stunt where they insert music to fill in an episode. Like wow, do it in a movie man. No one is going to buy stickers of anime girls. Or handshake events.

Dex-chan lover
That was my assumption, since restaurant food was mentioned later, and I took that as a distinction rather than synonym. As you also mentioned, translations can go in different directions since different languages have different connotations for the same words.

Street stalls range from absolute garbage to best food in town (if you're looking for the best burger in any city, it's most likely at some obscure street stall), so I don't find it a particularly useful comparison.
Burgers are the only thing I eat today aside from French fries 🍟. Screw coke, they go down well with Warm Water.

I feel my heart hardening but it is better than feeling my feet again this winter.

The ones you watch from Safe? Those are real. Jesus loves you.

Users who are viewing this thread