It's Time for "Interrogation," Princess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Interrogation No. 6

Dex-chan lover
This is wholesome, but when ks Excalibur gonna get the note that Princess is gonna surrender all information about the kingdom to get pampered?

Dex-chan lover
Each new chapter confirms that the demons are superior to humans in every way.

I for one welcome our new demon overlords.

Dex-chan lover
Actually every new chapter confirms something really, really grim.
So far we know that humanity is at a total war with demons, the princess herself fights on the front with success.
Despite that she hasn't been subjected to torture, been fed above average food, monsters don't feel clear hatred towards her.
Not to mention demons refused to use a weapon that was so terrible it was against their ethics, also that weapon is in the hands of humans.
The princess herself seems to crave motherly love and friends she probably didn't have. Also she's a child god dammit, how can you throw her into the front lines?

I wouldn't be surprised if humans were the real monsters all along.

Aggregator gang
@Equilibrium I was thinking the same thing. They're getting answers by teasing her with good treatment and affection. I'm rooting for the Demon Army tbh

Dex-chan lover
How do you interrogate someone who has super high Defense? Use tools they're not used to handling. In this case, apparently, basic warmth and kindness.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia

to be fair, this is how your suppose to interrogate most people in the first place. In reality, brute force almost never works and they'll likely tell you whatever they think you'll want to hear to make it stop...OH MY GOD, it's not even a joke! The demons are legitimately good at interrogation!

Fed-Kun's army
... This interrogation shouldn't have worked, shouldn't you get sleepy when bathing in warm water, and thus become too lazy to answer, and eventually be annoyed when someone interacts with you making you ignore them?

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis
they'll likely tell you whatever they think you'll want to hear to make it stop

Sounds like 100% success.

You are probably confusing torturing for information with torturing for a confession like was done centuries ago (and still in some godforsaken places). If a person is accused of a crime (or witchcraft, etc), they will sooner or later confess to anything as long as the torture continues. However, if they are asked for intel, similarly they will reveal the intel. If they don't know anything, they could fabricate information, but it might be difficult to make it believable, and in any case if it's relevant, it would be verified.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

no, torture has been established to NOT work when getting intel. Because they will say whatever to get you to stop, as long as it would sound believable to you. The methods that show the most success for gathering intel actual are like this, where they try to temp you or endear you to them. What your saying is the argument the US used for it's torture programs in theory, it failed miserably in practice. In fact, the report on the CIA's interrogation techniques clearly state that "enhanced interrogation" was not effective.

it just does not work.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis This is a comedy manga. Nothing shown here would make anyone serious reveal anything. You might make people betray their side in myriad ways, as spies would know. Nowadays drugs are also an option. Saying that torture doesn't work is just a simplification serving the needs of the organisations opposing torture actively. It all depends on the individual people on both sides. Mankind has, unfortunately, used torture for thousands of years. It wouldn't have been used for thousands of years if it never worked.

I wouldn't trust any formal report from the CIA concerning this. They would downplay it as much as they could for very obvious reasons: The USA is a democratic country with human rights and a justice system (even an overdeveloped justice system), so the CIA would do its everything to make it seem like it was no big deal.

Dex-chan lover
Why would the CIA, who advocated for and started a torture program, downplay the benefits of their choices? That's the exact opposite of what they would do. It is politically in their best interest to keep playing it up like they did before. More so, The US justice system isn't over developed, it's underdeveloped, hence why it's multi tiered, it lacks the qualities necessary to prevent powerful people from being favorited. Arguing for tradition, saying it's been used for thousands of years, doesn't work either. We do a lot of things for generations just because we assumed they worked on a gut feeling or because our ancestors did. On top of that, ;you have to consider why people supported "enhanced interrogation" these days to begin with, a big part of it is personal gratification, merely doing it because hurting someone they think attacked them makes them feel better regardless of how practical it is.

So, no, the situation is the opposite of what you say and your dismissing the one of the cases where an actual review of the CIA was done, a review done by the oversite committee and not the CIA itself, amid the constant onslaught of terrible shit the CIA does.

Double-page supporter
Death by snu-snu! Is THAT an I-cup?

And since they didn't bother making up useless information, I shall make it up again:
"The Kingdom's main water supply comes from [this] river."
"Excellent! Now we can poison it and....ahh, it turns out the demon lord's favorite fishing spot is in a lake connected to that river, looks like we can't mess with it."

Users who are viewing this thread