Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaereru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita - Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Guilds are responsible for their merchants so it is a risk when they invite new merchants, but there needs to be ways to join guilds w/o recommendation.
Like allow all merchants to join but impose restrictions based on level of trust/credit. Credit that new merchants could improve w/ a recommendation but not required. And restrictions like new merchants must submit proposed trade/products to the guild for approval. And senior members could have more relaxed restrictions.
Lets go over the way that these rules would get corrupted:
allow all merchants to join but impose restrictions based on level of trust/credit. Credit that new merchants could improve w/ a recommendation but not required.
The restrictions would be made so strict that the merchant clique that rules the roost would demand favours and tariffs from the 'common' merchants such that they'd be more taken advantage of than if they tried to do business elsewhere. Credit would be a loan with usurious interest rates, to ensure they could never make too much money, all while those at the top of the guild get fatter and fatter off the income generated by the 'commons'.

new merchants must submit proposed trade/products to the guild for approval.
Oh hey, the perfect way for senior merchants to steal products and sell them as their own!

And senior members could have more relaxed restrictions.
...Do I even need to say how this would get abused?

Dex-chan lover
All deals having to go through a merchants' guild. That's actually surprisingly realistic. That's kind of what guilds were about back in the old days. Though that sales restriction would probably not cover craftsmen, as they would be members of their own guilds, which would have permission to sell their own goods. But no idea how that works here.

Yeah, such nonsensical rumours. Nothing for an old man like you.

Ah, yes, throwing water at someone means giving them a cold. Unless the water is literally infected, no.

Sure is running his mouth in the presence of greater people.

This old trash forgot about him in 5 days and forget in a few mins that margrave literally standing nearby.
Old and senile. Getting what he deserves.

This would actually be a good time to reform the merchant system in that city. The lord and some influential ppl are right there willing to listen to him, and they own him/ wish to curry favor.
Generally guilds would accept people as apprentices, but those wouldn't be merchants already. An established merchant from another city should be able to get a recommendations easier, such as from a wider range of people. That's the main fault here. Only accepting those who're prominent enough would pretty much rely on the current members for growth, which may not hold up over time, depending on those members.

As you mention, allowing merchants in with restrictions would make it easier to get a foot in, and you can also do some kind of trial system, where they're not full members and don't get all the benefits.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update!

And lol even without 'help' from the 'top' merchants i'm sure he would've done well on one on one sell with the rich sponsors esp the 'nobleladies' who would want shampoos and luxurious dresses since they prolly could've approached in in 'private' or so or sent some servant back to ninorich or so lol

Dex-chan lover
NGL, if some random person comes to me, I probably forget about them too after 5 days.

Unless something notable happens.
lol i wonder how many of the 'ninorich imposters' he also threw glasses on

(tho, even tho some of /those/ ppl might be sleazy or trying to make a name for themselves pretending that they're MC, if he was petty enough he could find and recruit them to his side or so)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking up this series, it's one of the best and it deserves good translation efforts like this

Dex-chan lover
Wonder how 'chaotic' things would get if he brought some 'modern economics' books to the local lords and stuff lol
tbh it's probably never going to come up in the story, but the big worry is the same as any trader in a new land that never comes up in isekai like this: foreign species and overly advanced tech

nobody in that world can read languages from our world and he's only being a merchant but they apparently figured out matches pretty quick. lucky japan doesn't have a gun culture.

Dex-chan lover
Lets go over the way that these rules would get corrupted:
To be fair i was only making suggestions based on the current system to allow new merchants to participate AT ALL.
I never said it would remove corruption or that it couldn't be corrupted. I just wanted to point out this was a unique opportunity to voice his complaints to ppl that would listen to his plight and might actually do something about it.

The restrictions would be made so strict that the merchant clique that rules the roost would demand favours and tariffs from the 'common' merchants such that they'd be more taken advantage of than if they tried to do business elsewhere. Credit would be a loan with usurious interest rates, to ensure they could never make too much money, all while those at the top of the guild get fatter and fatter off the income generated by the 'commons'.
If you can only do business as a merchant apart of a guild, can only join a guild with 1 or more recommendations, and the only practical recommendations you can get are from well established merchants, then you can bet the merchants are already taking advantage of this with hugely unfavorable contracts in exchange for a recommendation. The restrictions I mentioned were meant to be like trial periods/trials/tests/tasks not necessarily loans/contracts/tributes. Things to help prove you weren't someone sketchy selling questionable goods. Like having your goods be appraised by the guild to be what you say it is before allowing you to sell under their name.

Oh hey, the perfect way for senior merchants to steal products and sell them as their own!
That is a possibility if the product is an IP like a schematic or recipe and the guild shares it with the other members. And services could always be copied even w/o inside help, but that has to do with the guilds reputation and trust. There are also things like skill, connections, trade routes, and the goods themselves though; things that can't always be copied.

The idea was something like what you see in other isekai stories where: the mc registers at the guild, presents the good(s) he wants to sell, the guild verifies that it is what he says it is, and that it is not illegal, before approving a stall. Like iron ore, salt, and sugar, but not illegal drugs, snake oil, or bones from the local graveyard.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
tbh it's probably never going to come up in the story, but the big worry is the same as any trader in a new land that never comes up in isekai like this: foreign species and overly advanced tech

nobody in that world can read languages from our world and he's only being a merchant but they apparently figured out matches pretty quick. lucky japan doesn't have a gun culture.
yeah i think it's fine if he's satisfied with bringing in something enough for him to make a profit and not necessarily revolutionize the whole world (tho i wonder if granny can use 'magic' in the modern Japan)

Dex-chan lover
LN reader here. They cut off part where he pour wine over himself to try to call it even
Probably a smart idea. He built up a lot of sympathy by exposing that guy in public. Pouring wine on him might have diminished some of that sympathy.

Dex-chan lover
yeah i think it's fine if he's satisfied with bringing in something enough for him to make a profit and not necessarily revolutionize the whole world (tho i wonder if granny can use 'magic' in the modern Japan)
I'm actually kind of wondering if granny actually noticed the fairy, because the two of them meeting seems like it should be a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread