Itsumo Baka ni shitekuru Bishoujo-tachi to Zetsuen shitara, Jitsu wa Ore no Koto ga Daisuki Datta you da. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Changing Heart

Supporter
This isn't being a Chad this is just being angsty then being smug about it lmao
Yeah I don’t think he had to do that at all in order to get his point across that he was done with her…

I don’t get why she smirked at him at the end either. I expected more of a shocked reaction. Maybe she didn’t really care about him after all? We never really see what their relationship was like pre-breakup.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god it's been so long I don't even remember what's the context for breaking up with any of the girls 😅

Dex-chan lover
He proposes and marries the kouhai at chapter 16
Not surprised since he seems to be only actually making the effort in this chapter. Makes sense it only got 16 chapters this feels likes it's going to be pretty flat.

Dex-chan lover
This must be an Original Ending, right? Because the light novel and web novel are still ongoing
I am curious could you give any spoilers on how any of those two progress the story if you have any?

Dex-chan lover
This isn't being a Chad this is just being angsty and being smug about it lmao. You can stop being a doormat without turning into an incel.
This and Masamune-kun got me interested in the a story of a guy bettering themselves after getting dumped by women but man are the mcs in both pretty weak.

Dex-chan lover
Its nice to see a manga where the loser MC sticks up for himself. But this guy goes from 0-100 real fast. Should be called out for not putting that effort in when he had a girlfriend, and he dumps on the maid who is CLEARLY just doing her job.

I am curious could you give any spoilers on how any of those two progress the story if you have any?
Sry bro, I can´t give you any information. I haven´t red the light novel or the web novel. But I just checked. The web novel is still not finished but the updated are very slow. Only 2 chapters of the 66 were published last year. And the last one was published in July.

The web novel is focusing on a school trip to Kyoto right now. He and this Katayama guy seem to be good friends.

Dex-chan lover
lmfao bold of the gf to double down on teasing mc considering he broke up with her wtf was she expecting.
Now mc has socially executed her and will eventually have to deal with the aftermath lmfao.

Double-page supporter
All his “kindnesses” were empty, hollow… cold. He probably never told his gf he liked her, and just told her “yes” at everything. He was even seeing his “kindness” as points to win, he didn’t seem to care at all about the people he was supposedly kind to.

Gf tried to make him jealous, and he basically proven her doubts, that he didn’t actually like her, that he just said yes to the confession she did as a kindness to add to his list. When she smirk when he lash back, it’s probably because she thinks he’s lashing out because he was hurt, proving he loved her… (sadly for her, we know from his point of view that this is wrong at this point). So she will probably actually double down thinking he is doing that to get her back (when he’s actually doing it just to get back at her.)

The maid, as someone else said, was just doing her job, and applying what she learned from the other clients to him, and because he never said anything about him not liking it, probably as another of his empty kindness in his list, she never knew.

The kouhai… you know how a bunch of boys will often call each others dumbass and other insults with affection? She probably tried to do this with him… and again, him never telling her or even reacting negatively to it, made her unaware that he didn’t like it. And… I myself fell into the trap of escalating these ”buddy insults“ with a friend in my youth… I just realized my mistake decades later, when I looked back, and realized that I was probably the source of some of his micro trauma that affect him today… but like MC pre-lashing out, he never said anything to me.

The big problem here is miscommunication (as always), but also the deeply selfish “kindness” of the MC that never really thought about the others he “helped”.
Him lashing out is not “him growing balls”, it’s him being suddenly cruel to the ones he deceived. To the ones he faked, stayed neutral, or even smiled to even when he didn’t like what they were saying/doing, in a uncaring attempt to be “kind”. If he simply told the kouhai he didn’t like her teasing, if he told the maid he preferred the kind maid play… this would all have gone better. And from the gf’s inner monologue, sounds like he was also a pretty “dry” and distant lover too… a little bit more passion/care would have helped. She wanted a bf, not a butler…

Last edited:
Supporter
All his “kindnesses” were empty, hollow… cold. He probably never told his gf he liked her, and just told her “yes” at everything. He was even seeing his “kindness” as points to win, he didn’t seem to care at all about the people he was supposedly kind to.

Gf tried to make him jealous, and he basically proven her doubts, that he didn’t actually like her, that he just said yes to the confession she did as a kindness to add to his list. When she smirk when he lash back, it’s probably because she thinks he’s lashing out because he was hurt, proving he loved her… (sadly for her, we know from his point of view that this is wrong at this point). So she will probably actually double down thinking he is doing that to get her back (when he’s actually doing it just to get back at her.)

The maid, as someone else said, was just doing her job, and applying what she learned from the other clients to him, and because he never said anything about him not liking it, probably as another of his empty kindness in his list, she never knew.

The kouhai… you know how a bunch of boys will often call each others dumbass and other insults with affection? She probably tried to do this with him… and again, him never telling her or even reacting negatively to it, made her unaware that he didn’t like it. And… I myself fell into the trap of escalating these ”buddy insults“ with a friend in my youth… I just realized my mistake decades later, when I looked back, and realized that I was probably the source of some of his micro trauma that affect him today… but like MC pre-lashing out, he never said anything to me.

The big problem here is miscommunication (as always), but also the deeply selfish “kindness” of the MC that never really thought about the others he “helped”.
Him lashing out is not “him growing balls”, it’s him being suddenly cruel to the ones he deceived. To the ones he faked, stayed neutral, or even smiled to even when he didn’t like what they were saying/doing, in an uncaring attempt to be “kind”. If he simply told the kouhai he didn’t like her teasing, if he told the maid he preferred the kind maid play… this would all have gone better. And from the gf’s inner monologue, sounds like he was also a pretty “dry” and distant lover too… a little bit more passion/care would have helped. She wanted a bf, not a butler…
I can’t disagree with any of what you have said. I’m still a bit confused about what the girlfriend did though, since she’s also his childhood friend and must know how he was raised and that his parents are gone. Clearly he needs professional help, she’d know that better than anyone, but she chose this “shock therapy“ bs instead of a conversation.

I don’t know why he had an interest in the maid in the first place, maybe it’s tied to his trauma too? When you have a girlfriend, what are you doing going to these places alone? None of it makes sense, at least not yet.

The kouhai is at least the most honest of the bunch, even if her teasing (really it was “negging”) was clearly over the line. She wasn’t willing to just be cast away when he finally spoke up for himself. I also found the content of his response different than with the other two, it was a direct challenge to how he was treated, not a cheap revenge or public shaming. I’m hopeful that could lead to an honest conversation in the next chapter.

He went from a “kindness“ box-checking doormat to a vain asshole so fast that it’s hard to see where this is going. I feel like he needs an adult to help him navigate this process but clearly he’s not had one in his life for a long time so instead we’re going to be subjected to more terrible behaviour before he snaps out of it.

Dex-chan lover
You know that this could actually be good if he didn't just become a "chad" instantly. Instead make it so he still has some self-doubts while feeding into his old habits he can't squash like his need to be kind, and then slowly show him get over the other women while self improving. I'm guessing it won't be like that though zzzzzz.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This series has ended about a month ago. I never thought that they would translate the rest of the manga.

Double-page supporter
I can’t disagree with any of what you have said. I’m still a bit confused about what the girlfriend did though, since she’s also his childhood friend and must know how he was raised and that his parents are gone. Clearly he needs professional help, she’d know that better than anyone, but she chose this “shock therapy“ bs instead of a conversation.

I don’t know why he had an interest in the maid in the first place, maybe it’s tied to his trauma too? When you have a girlfriend, what are you doing going to these places alone? None of it makes sense, at least not yet.

The kouhai is at least the most honest of the bunch, even if her teasing (really it was “negging”) was clearly over the line. She wasn’t willing to just be cast away when he finally spoke up for himself. I also found the content of his response different than with the other two, it was a direct challenge to how he was treated, not a cheap revenge or public shaming. I’m hopeful that could lead to an honest conversation in the next chapter.

He went from a “kindness“ box-checking doormat to a vain asshole so fast that it’s hard to see where this is going. I feel like he needs an adult to help him navigate this process but clearly he’s not had one in his life for a long time so instead we’re going to be subjected to more terrible behaviour before he snaps out of it.
I’ll be honest… for these points about the gf, I feel like that might be… bad writing? I really don’t use that argument usually. But here, it feels like the author might have consciously ignored some “writing rules” because he really wanted this to happen? As you pointed out, she should have known better… maybe an explanation will be given later, but for now… she is either very dumb, or she is the victim of an author that really wanted his plot baby to live even it it didn’t work perfectly. XD

For the maid, I think the manga format made it unclear, but I think he was going there with an otaku friend or something? There’s a mob guy that seem to be there with him, but his presence is never really explained… I never read the other formats of the story, so I can’t say… but yeah, if it’s not that… feels like the same case as gf…

Heck, now that you mention the differences between the interactions with these girls and those with the kouhai… that might be a hint. Her interactions feels like the most polished one between the three… so she might simply be the main, intended love interest, with the other two added as… “fodder”? :X

but yeah. Right now, the MC is an immature brat and really need help And support from an adult that can course correct him... If he doesn’t live with a guardian, that would make sense… but if he do... oof. xD

Aggregator gang
Did the ex even actually cheat? Or did she just make up a dude to try to get the MC take a stand? Like it was still a really dumb move, but it kinda feels like none of the three girls were actually malicious.
I really don't think she would have actually cheated on the mc since the way she wanted the mc to react too it but still I'd say it's enough of a reason to break up and not want to get back together.
but yeah none of what they were actually malicious. at most the junior was just teasing a bit too harsh and the maid was doing her job the way that everyone wanted her to act and wasn't really singling out the mc in any particular way that I'd see as bad due to how she was treating every other customer, and it's not like it's shown that she treated the mc like that outside of her job so the only time she treated him bad is when she's at work as a maid who degrades all the customers, like the restaurant chain "Dick's Last Resort" it's just expected. honestly I can't tell if the author genuinely thinks that these kinds of actions would make the mc's response justifiable or if it's gonna show that all the parties are partially at fault. and that they all grow as people and understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread