Itsuwari no Marigold - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!! Ahhhhh it's that time folks. Time for Hana/Kaoru to start realizing her feelings for Lily since she's about to lose her to some unknown man and then there are a few potential outcomes:

• Lily accepts her being female and impersonating Kaoru
  • Lily accepts but has no choice but to go with the marriage for her sister
  • Lily would be too heartbroken and goes with the marriage but timeskip realizes her feelings for Hana/Kaoru
  • Lily too heartbroken and becomes a hermit

Dex-chan lover
i feel like a hairpin color should be complimentary or contrast rather than being the exact shade unless you're trying to do a natural ponytail/hairbun to where it wouldn't stick out but cute

this chapter was real good cause it reminded me i had a watermelon in my fridge. it was very juicy. yum
is it something that'd be easily forgettable versus like buying cups/chunks rather than a huge one lol

(who calls a watermelon a veggie tho XD)

hm, are the parents aware of lily's 'boyfriend'? although i guess if it's a n arrangement can't rly do much unless there's some kinda "take off and run away together" kinda arc but i hope she reveals her gender before that

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the note about it at the end. It's so goofy that they would mention that, because they likely didn't care about such distinctions at all in this time frame. The whole thing of inaccurately conflating botanical and culinary categorizations of foods is a fairly modern "well actually" weird thing. People constantly saying such and such is one thing, to try to correct people, but in the process being wrong because their entire premise is flawed.

Botanical categorizations are about what part of the plant you're eating comes from, culinary is about how it's eaten. It's not related at all, nor should it be. They can exist at the same time, and people should be understand based on context which categorization you are using. 99% of the time people are discussing them culinarily, so almost every time someone tries to well actually you with categorization corrections, they will be wrong and look snide and uninformed in the process.

But I swear it's your average person's favorite thing to try to "correct" people about, and it's hilarious every time to me because in trying to look smart they reveal their ignorance.

NOTE: As stated in the end of chapter note, this is also highly cultural when discussing categorizations of them culinarily, as different cultures use foods in different ways, and the western categorization of fruits and vegetables is not at all uniformly accepted in other parts of the world, again, context should guide you here as well.

Dex-chan lover
  • Lily too heartbroken and becomes a hermit
i think that'd be hard to do even if she wasn't disabled/blind lol
so in Japan, the government states that strawberries , watermelons , and melons are treated as vegetables in the field of horticulture

¯\(ツ)
i see...although, i suppose if you can genetically modify/engineer a watermelon to be a square shape you can call it what you want (although i just assumed it was the sister being pretentious and just 'correcting' her to briefly feel smarter/superior)

Dex-chan lover
But I swear it's your average person's favorite thing to try to "correct" people about, and it's hilarious every time to me because in trying to look smart they reveal their ignorance.

Sorry hoss.

Botanical definition follows strict rules. And is corrected as necessary as peer-reproducable science improves.
"Culinary" definition does not. And follows the whims of dictators of the day.

The same corruption of language leads to artificial terms like "committed unalive" (cultural) and "pizza is a vegetable" (legal).

Users who are viewing this thread