I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 10

@Subject003 I really think you are REFLECTING your opinion of other people in my text. I DO NOT HATE Eusto. I pity him. Yes nothing is black and white only. That is why if we were to look in his path, he is in the wrong, too. He only tried to fix one problem that was just a branch from the main problem instead of fixing the real problem.

His love for the emperor blinded him to believe NO ONE would dare to abuse their power and use decisiveness of "loyal" subjects to harm the emperor. Yes, he protected the empire, but if he would have being objective he would have saved the real emperor. The emperor might have gotten many concubines (she is an emperor, aristocrats would want to gain power and send off their children. We have seen that happening many times over. She wouldn't be the exception to have to deal with multiple political marriages) or maybe get only one male empress or be single forever and adopt her next heir (who knows), but his love for her and this idolization of Julia "the powerful and almighty" made Eusto see Julia as a symbol/god instead of just another human being who could fall.

He waited until the very last straw without doing anything to save her. Did he do it purposely? absolutely NO LOL. He was ignorant, too. Nothing wrong. Many time everybody falls into problems that can't solved or we see dear ones falling into despair but don't know how to help them or we try to "send them to find/find them some" help but without thinking that the outcome was wrong, and we step in a bit too late. I actually love Eusto. As I said he is very human. You can actually see yourself him.

If I were him and were to take a step back and someone would give me this plot/book and still reminds Eusto, I would have be shocked and broke down for the first hour. I would blame myself to a point that I would have wanted to go back in time. I killed the very same person I loved and promised to protect but didn't do a darn thing to protect her from being drugged. I do think Eusto would be mad at himself because he never considered that the emperor was under the influence of drugs for the past two years AND medications that we ALL KNOW that medications with the combinations of -what we consider drugs but let's face it all of those medications are drugs, too- drugs are ingredients to create a huge disaster.

I good tv shows that show how drugs/bad prescription of medication can harm you is sense 8. In that sci fic show, we have - not a transmigrated soul but - a soul from the future that takes over the body of a random druggie. He is a smart man from the future but now he has to struggle to live with this drug addictions until he is able to get rid off that drugs from his system. He got a friend -from the future- trying to help him but is rough to go as planned. It took a long time to be able to be clean again.

It is nice that in this manhwa, the transmigrated soul doesn't have to deal with the body that has been drugged for 2 years years LOL. It is nice how convenient is that she is thinking so logically and know how to deal with things and nothing is wrong with her. If the manhwa would have showed that, you would see that Eusto is not such a nice person. Sure he did great in save the empire by killing the "evil person." but things would have ended up better and faster if he would have saved that person before they turned into evil cuz of the many abuses she was going thru ( thanks to the duke that was giving her over doses of many things and by sending her men so she would only be in that life).

I love Eusto. He looks like another normal human being that makes mistake and great things and some of their great things save a group of people while others decisions just destroy other groups. As an objective audience, we can see what Eusto did wrong, but we can't say it is wrong IN THAT EXACT moment because he didn't have chance nor privilege to see things like we, the readers, are doing. This is why JUSTICE is subjective. Only the winner can say who is good and evil because only a winner can rewrite history. That is how the world works and will continue because that is our system to deal with things.

Man... I understand the whole thing with Eusto but I still can't believe he overlooked things like that was such a dick move. I'm forever rooting for Plena or maybe Venus or even Felix because that makes more sense. Harem? Fuck yeah... just not main boi Eusto I just really don't feel like it and if they end up together I feel like it's bs.

Anyway, thank you so much for the updates!!

Sorry but I have nothing positive to say about Eusto the more the situation gets clear... she was drugged for two whole ass years, ugly Duke was eating half of the budget and you tell me he could have done absolutely nothing until was time to show up at her room and kill her? Really??! Lmao, he can torture himself with doubt as much as he wants as long as he let her do her thing because from my understanding the only reason why he wasn't locked up is because he was watching her go downhill passively.

Yeah sure he was loyal and he was in love, but what difference does it make? Cry me a river, I'm more interested in watching she fix this mess than fix his hurt feelings.

YESSSS ugh can I just say the pacing in this one is great! We get information but it doesn't take 50+ chapters to get to the confrontation. I love this, thank you for your hard work scan team!

@Darkwolfix
I think you misread my comment. The first part of it was directed to someone else and the second part was towards you. But yes, I agree with you about Eusto lol

I'm relieved to see that i'm not the only one to thing that Eusto isn't worthy to be the ML 😅
It just feel wrong to let a character be a the Ml when he couldn't protect his most loved and more than that KILLED HER thinking it was the better option for the empire when he could have avoided that by just paying attention to her and see the cause of her struggle and slow downfalls. Moreover that downfalls have lasted 2 WHOLES Years , it's just too much ...poor julia 😭

Eusto better not be the ML. Julia deserves better than a man who is only good at killing people off after 2 years of passively not doing anything or thinking about the root of the problem.

I have read some of the comments saying that Eusto should have done something. He did try to get through to the old Julia, he tried and tried but she didn't listen. She chose to side with the trash duke (because of the drugs). Sure, he could've done a lot more to knock some sense into her but it doesn't mean he just watched from the sidelines.
I forgot which chapter it was but they did show Eusto talking to Julia (more like pleading than talking).

Ugh I feel her in not wanting to go to work on a day you know is going to be shitty, but she is going to kick their asses.

@Beazacha Well yeah of course he couldn't. He is the captain of the guards ao what happens in the treasury isn't going to reach him. Literally everyone else he could trust that would know about the situation, the Duke made sure to have locked up. He also didn't passively just stand by as we did see him try and talk some sense into her, but a druggie isn't going to listen to him, and that is the point a lot of people are overlooking.

Drug addicts will go so far as stealing and harming their loved ones just to get another dose. These aren't uncommon stories to hear and Fez played his cards correctly. He basically manipulated Julia in such a way that she was wholly dependent on him. You want men? You go to Fez. You want more drugs? You go to Fez. Just last chapter alone we see that Julia fell so far that she was willing to execute and lock up a wonderful maid and amazing archmage without even looking at any evidence to convict them. All because Fez said so. Eusto was powerless and it was this realization that sparked the rebellion which if our MC hadn't reincarnated WOULD have been the best step for the empire. Better a deposed monarch then a useless puppet.

Double-page supporter
May i fucking remind you all the original was a TRAGEDY not a romance novel every character here is pitiable or hate worthy. And remember we as readers have a much better look at the picture and he is just one character he didn’t know that she was being drugged.

Aggregator gang
She adapted so well, if i was in that situation, i might have shaved my hair and entered monkhood already.

Users who are viewing this thread