Iwakutsuki Bukken no Yakuro-san

Dex-chan lover
@Nermie01 I can think of two reasons for the ghost girl stories.
1. It's not that there's a special appeal to ghosts, it's just on the checklist. They've done every other kind of weird girl . . . catgirls, dog girls, foxgirls, raccoon girls, snake girls, rokurokubi (that one's epic), demonesses, succubuses, angels, vampires, a girl who turns into godzilla, a tyrannosaurus girl (not to mention a girl tyrannosaurus), slime girls . . . so, how could they not do a few ghost girls?
2. More creepily, it occurs to me that what one has with a ghost girl is complete exclusivity. The girl is not going to have the option of going for anyone else. In a culture that's paranoid about purity (and I'm not sure here if I'm talking about Japan or manga otaku), there's nothing like a girl who's attached to your apartment, who most other guys can't even see, and who is even already dead (and probably a virgin at the time) to guarantee you have her all to yourself.

Double-page supporter
yeah, forget about sending priests,shaman,miko, or whomever, just send otakus to haunted houses.

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy Those are the basic reasons I assumed, but it still doesn't make me understand (or accept) the appeal any more. I know this is basically just a difference of taste, but it's just an all around stupid concept to me.

@Sareg See, here's the thing. Human beings are social creatures. We instinctively crave interaction that stimulates and fulfills physical, mental and emotional needs. "My silly views" on relationships and love are the norm, and departures from these instinctual norms are aberrations and/or mutations (people who avoid social and physical interaction). These are the sorts of people who would splinter off from a group of pack animals in the wild and end up dead because nature is an unforgiving place.

Dex-chan lover
@Nermie01 I think that loners are more prevalent in humans than would be plausible if it were an entirely unadaptive trait. Of course there are degrees--take it far enough and even if you can survive, you can't reproduce. But humans are capable of surviving solo quite well--not from birth so much, but once they've been acculturated in the first place leaving isn't suicide. Between the brains, the tools, and the simple fact that humans are actually quite large, powerful animals, I would say pack membership is closer to optional for humans than for most pack animals. And outliers, physical or mental, may be useful for the survival of the whole--they can provide early warning, tinker with different approaches which may become useful if the environment changes and so on. I think any trait which has some usefulness and also exists in degrees, is inevitably going to show up in a range of intensities, and while the outer end of the range will be too extreme and unadaptive it's going to keep popping up because the rest of the range does pass on the trait.

Group Leader
@saintguardian Whoops, I lost my raws and forgot all about it, I'll get it done soon. Also this series is already completed, there's only 1 volume.

Group Leader
@Heiz incorrect, there is 2 seasons and they are on the second season. There is a total of 41 volumes ( included the 40.5 volume) for season 1 and I think they are on volume 3 for the second season. Don't quote me on second season. If need be, I can give you a link for the rates.

Group Leader
Well, if you ever find more chapters, do send them to me. As far as I know there's only 16 chapters in Aneco's pixiv.

Aggregator gang
It's not bad. I like it. It's just that there are other mangas similar to this but a lot better but got dropped in translations sadly... I wonder when they'll get pick up again? Sigh.

Fed-Kun's army
it's amazing that she doesn't simply get exorcised by his blinding positivity 🤣

Sem

Dex-chan lover
This is kind of nice and cleansing. I feel like all my sins are blown away by this guy's blinding positivity.

I read a story a while back called My Boo by Jeongseo on the same kind of relationship as this, except that one was ridiculously depressing. This is a nice palate cleanser.

Dex-chan lover
It looks fun but damn, makes me wish there was a proper horror version about a ghost who's terrified of the human but is bound to the place and can't leave, it can't even kill itself since it's already dead, so it is forced to try to hide within the limited space. Still, looking forward to more of this, premise is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread