Japan’s Ministry of Health Distributes Free Sailor Moon Condoms

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
"How is this thread still active?"

nF6Pctb.png

For those feeling the gag is a bit out-of-place, just a reminder that these exist:
257122938cdd37c4a563b2a919895726.jpg

sailor_moon_r_episode_74_subtle_religious_symbolism.jpg

I2BozvX.png

@Rhaptopia
Like don't they already have a problem with child birth like seriously isn't this just stupid they should provide them with a hole smh.

As the article mentions this was done as a means to prevent people from contacting STI during sex.

@May_Lily
I still have yet to see anyone in the US call them "STI", in place of "STD", so it's all the more interesting seeing Japan go out of their way to use a seemingly unpopular [albeit official] English phrase on their condoms. Honestly, that feels more out of place in the topic than a cheerfully winking magic girl. ..well, maybe. That wink is rather cringey given the context, after all. :p

XnOVbni.png

Hm. . .it might be do to the fact Japan is a different society compared to English countries. The word might not have as bad a rep as it does in those other countries. With that said I am not familiar with why STI is unpopular where I live, but that is because it's a subject I am not as focus on. Thinking about it up until now the only initials I was familiar with was "STD," and I didn't think much about it when referring to the article.

If this wasn't the MD community, I would not believe this story exists in the slightest. This is definitely one of the most bizarre ideas I have ever heard in my entire 26 years of living. I guess a hardcore chunni could think this is a great idea(maybe), but your average person or otaku, not so much. Of all the people to team up with, the MOH? Wot. And why Sailor Moon?

this is pretty fucked up
child friendly character should be associated with child friendly activity
imagine a kid asking his mommy to buy him a condom because he love said character without knowing what a condom is
it's pretty fucked up

Except they were not selling the condoms but giving them out instead during an event that was geared towards people who are of the age to have sex. With that said I do see where you are coming from. They could perhaps have tried coming up with characters that were appealing instead of using characters from a story that was mainly targeted towards girls in their middle childhood - early adolescence. I imagine Sailor Moon characters were use so the people they can easier reach people by means of giving them something they have a connection with. Basically using nostalgia.

Yeah like that'll work. Willy Wrappers that will just be used as collectables and shoved in a glass box until the lube and spermicide dries out the packaging.

It's disgusting... Not as bad as a condom with Goku posing for Kamehameha as the picture... I ain't gonna scream Kamehameha while orgasming...

Dex-chan lover
People in this thread either never use a condom before or doesn't know the purpose of this campaign. No one is asking you to shout whatever Moon guardian mamoru or kamehameha during sex, wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread