Jaryuu Tensei - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Soul Mate

Dex-chan lover
He looks suspiciously like that guy from the start of the chapter but, maybe he isn't? Then again manga never seems to be very good with foreshadowing without revealing too much.

Double-page supporter
I hear a birthday smell coming.
Usually this is the classic birthday cliché.

Haha, the loneliness he's feeling from all their secret prep work won't make his party worth it at all. There's no need to be so harsh only for a secret party, so mangaka is forcing stuff to move the plot I guess? Since this guy might have something to do with it.

Dex-chan lover
He only winked once this chap! what is this??!!
Spent a lot of it with both his eyes closed tho.

Double-page supporter
Whoops everyone pushed Ja away too hard trying to hide his party that he ended up on a bromance route.

Dex-chan lover
A lil too aggressive of the people wanting to do him something good.
Also a lil too cheap of showing the man at the beginning act totally EVIL, but then show him like a >loveable< character afterwards, which is no more a possibility at this point... it ruins a potential twist.
This manga is throwing out good potential every chance it gets.

Dex-chan lover
@Ifrittuccia I also thought it was a birthday foreshadowing but that doesn't explain why the women on the street were avoiding eye contact with him, since random women most likely wouldn't know of his birthday party, unless it was a city-wide birthday party for Ja( which seems unlikely).

@Operatix I want to give the mangaka the benefit of the doubt and say its a red herring but thats probably giving him too much credit. Would be super disappointed if it ends up as obvious as it seems. Why would you intentionally spoil a twist? What the fuck?

Dex-chan lover
HM... I'm an all powerfull dragon, if you are going to act like that I will just leve and look for a place where people don't treat me that way.... Also isn't the blond elf suposed to be something like his slave? What was that tirade about being allowed to do what she wants?

Dex-chan lover
@ForcedFun
It's the same with those stupid "but he didn't know what disaster that brought..." or "but our hero didn't know that this was the last time something something" lines for the end of some manga chapters.
It's just so unnecessary, and I haven't seen one manga where it actually made a read more exciting, it always does the complete opposite. Such a dumb spoiler from the manga itself, always.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter makes me think of the song "You're my Mate": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2ctAtqz_I

However, this baldy seems to be the killer on the first pages.

Dex-chan lover
I hate the "character's friends act like total assholes and alienate him to the point of depression because they are preparing a secret party for him" cliche.
At least he got a new friend, even though he is probably the same guy that killed that dragon cultist.

this whole "friends whole ignore you" is probably some special occasion like his birthday i bet such bullshit >.> man i hate these kinda characters that act like they can ignore someone for no damn reason like make it less obvious but the bald guy made it to best bro tier real quick fuck the other guy whatever his name is for sure wont be using you as a meat shield later ;) *wink*wink*

Users who are viewing this thread