Jichou shinai Moto Yuusha no Tsuyokute Tanoshii New Game - Vol. 2 Ch. 22 - (Lewd Edit)

Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
23
In fact the translation is correct as well as the spelling (removing and adding a few words to make the sentences more meaningful, which is less than 3%).
The problem is that I only translated the balloons individually, I didn't see the story as a whole and the relationship between the facts and others, which is why it got really strange.
Just to give you an idea of how complex it is to make a translation completely faithful to the author.
The editing of the images took a lot of work with extremely detailed drawings, I had to draw a lot on each image so as not to be that blur or cuts behind the text.
Probably if I were to translate a ligh novel it would be much easier for me to offer a better translation.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
473
Page 2

Finally~

Reports regarding the subjugation of the large scale colony of goblin...
I'll head back home after submitting this to the guild~

Great work, Elisa
Looks like you're done with your work?

Morin-san!!

page 3

N-Not at all
This was... All thanks to you!!

Because of Morin-san's helping

I'm bothering the legendary great sage

You don't have to worry, Eliza

Because Right Now, he's having a free time.


Page 4
Kyaa~~!!

"Goblion"~~~!!

Goblion is here~!!

Everyone get ready!!
Let's all beat him this time!!

Guuhehehehe, very well...

Come at me!!

I'm gonna eat you all up~!!

Goblion has appeared!
 

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
1,046
>50 years ago
wait what, I know he was isekai'd again, but this is so much.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
883
@AtaruAlves
In fact the translation is correct as well as the spelling (removing and adding a few words to make the sentences more meaningful, which is less than 3%).
That's not how languages work. Even if you translate something accurately to English, that doesn't meant that those words can be used in the same context as in Japanese.
Just to give you an idea of how complex it is to make a translation completely faithful to the author.
The meaning is what needs to stay faithful, not translating word for word and jumping through hoops to change as little as possible. By making it incomprehensible, it becomes less faithful.

Some examples (I'll ignore the really minor things like awkward sounding sentences):

Page 3 "No way that legendary wise man been a nuisance"
- It may be an "accurate" translation but the author definitely meant to have her be called a sage. Besides that, it's not even a proper sentence.

Page 4 "Go to hehehe that will be good..."
- What is he even saying?

Page 5 "In this way, overwrite unpleasant memories. That's because I'm healing your broken hearts."
- At least the meaning gets through but the first part isn't even a sentence (In this way, I will overwrite your unpleasant memories). Japanese and English grammar is not the same, just because it lacks verbs and pronouns in the original doesn't mean it's correct to not add them.
The second sentence is correct, but it makes no sense as a follow up to the first. Maybe should have been "And that's how I'll heal your broken hearts" or something.

Page 8 "Whether before or after. Does not change if you are the first or the last."
- Looking at the context it's used in I sort of get it, but in reality it makes little sense. Some sort of Japanese proverb that got translated literally?

Page 10 "Speak your useless."
- Her useless what?

Page 12 "For the past few days, by giving out my 'life' you continue to treat these women."
- What does "giving out her life" even mean in this context? That she's working hard with paperwork..?

Page 12 "Finish the report in the guild of the royal capital. I wonder if I can't go home because of a metastatic disorder"
- First sentence needs a pronoun and some restructuring like "I'll finish my report for the royal capital's guild". Second sentence makes no sense, I'm guessing it was originally a pun in Japanese.

Page 17 "Afterword"
- I hope the author manages to recover from his stroke.


Honestly the translations have been improving and I do appreciate the time you've spent on them, but claiming that there are no issues with the translation is just utter ignorance.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
977
He must be a relative of Rance, he single handedly could solve a countrys problem of birth decline...
 
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Messages
41
This manga requires the skill of turning off your brain and just being here for the lewds.
This guy should just make porn.
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2024
Messages
47
In fact the translation is correct
I've been going through some chapters both complaining about the translation quality and giving my corrections, trying to possibly help at least a bit. I knew you'd probably never see those comments, but just in case you ever did or someone in a similar boat to you did, I still left them. I did that because I thought you were someone doing JP -> EN or some other language -> EN translations as a way to learn English, and maybe you only eventually dropped the series because people were complaining about the quality without giving feedback.

But if you actually think the translations on this chapter, or any of the ones you "translated", are correct, then it turns out that I was severely overestimating you. You can't just trade out the Japanese words for equivalent-enough English words and call that "translation". That's not what translation is, that's not how translation works, that is not translation. You have to account for differences in the languages. You have to account for differences in the culture. You have to actually make the translated text readable by people who know the language you're translating it to. You have to actually do at least the bare minimum for it to actually be translation.

Most of the "sentences" you've put on these pages, for all of these chapters, literally do not mean anything. They do not say anything. They are nothing. They are not English. They are objectively, factually, and in every possible, every conceivable way, incorrect.

You claimed the problem was that you translated each bubble individually, which is true, even though that makes no sense at all, even though that's not how translation works, and even though you seem to have known that already. That was only a part of the problem. Another problem was the fact that you didn't know enough English to even attempt actual translation, with proper grammar, proper punctuation, and a proper understanding of terminology. Another problem was that you didn't take context into account when "translating", even within the same panel. Another problem was that you randomly left some dialogue untranslated and, in at least one chapter I've attempted to read so far, randomly left some words in some other language that wasn't Japanese or English. And, finally, the biggest problem of all was the fact you pretty much admitted to with this "In fact the translation is correct" nonsense: the fact that you didn't know what translation even is.

And then you pretended your poor psuedo-translation was "correct" when the people who actually know the language called out how bad it is. It is not "correct". It is not "faithful". It is unreadable.

Normally, I'd go back through the chapter and add my corrections for it after typing this up, but seeing "In fact this translation is correct" about this steaming pile of horseshit that I'm complimenting far, far more than it deserves by calling it a "translation" even in quotes pissed me off too much, and now I'm not in the mood. Maybe I'll get to it later. Or maybe you've improved over the years since this and none of this matters. Oh, well.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top