Jiisama ga Iku - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Old man and the lost child

Dex-chan lover
A wonderful cat looking at you in your window and saying Meow at midnight....
Remembering my experience something like that sends chill on my back, while their eyes are glowing in the dark...

Dex-chan lover
I think the Author of this series chooses an old man as the main character, because he wants to send a message to us that we'll do good if we get isekai'd instead.

If we get isekai'd and found out we are in our youth form, there's no mistaking we will take a harem path.
Or if we found ourselves in the baby form, we will always clings to our teens personal maids all day. Just what the heck is that....

Old man is a symbol of trust
Youth are a symbol of energy
Babies are a symbol of hope and happiness.

This series conveys that we should be tread the path of being trusted and be grateful for everything like jii-sama

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU SO MUC HFOR THE CHAPTER!

I'm pretty biased because my grandparents raised me, but I love it when old people are portrayed as cool or badass, just like my gramps. So ever since the first chapter got translated, I've been really enjoying this one. Thanks again!

tf is that definition of a coup d'etat? A coup d'etat is to remove a government from power through violent means, it is an overthrow of government.

The coup part of coup d'etat does mean blow or stroke and in some cases could mean what pr meaning says. But a coup as in a show of bravery against a foe has nothing to do with a coup d'etat.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with @dsuke and @Anreon , the meaning of coup d'état here is an unlawfull governement overturn made by someone already in the governement/political circle (but not having the higher authority at the start) it can be enforced by military support and end in a violent takeover of the state or by the surrender of the original governement under an insolvable threat (military, economical or political).

It's quite different from a rebellion or a revolution because the people of the country aren't involved in it.

For exemple Napoleon did a coup d'état on november 1799 to become head of the state (he was a general before that), but the bolcheviks got to control Russia through a popular uprising, so it was a revolution.

And the term "coup d'état" has absolutely nothing to do with martial arts or a brave deed in combat...
A "coup d'éclat" or a "coup d’arrêt " might be closer to what the PR was describing but a "coup d'état" has nothing to do with that.

Dex-chan lover
PR was wrong but glad that didn't notice that, as it would have broke the flow while reading it.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao. PR was totally wrong. A coup d'état is the removal of an existing government from power, usually through violent means. Typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a political faction, the military, or a dictator.

Contributor
@Chizan My guess is that she probably has absolute command over all monsters, the god probably rescued her so the traitors couldn't force her to launch waves of monsters at opposing countries. It's probably also the reason why the MC asked the god why he didn't think the MC would just use her in the same way.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't there be more old man isekais?
I know there is another isekai manga where an old man dies in a hospital, he loved playing games and ended up getting reincarnated in another world in a youthfull form, but still acted like he did as an old, kind and wise man. Anyone know of it? can't seem to find it.

Group Leader
@Hunlight
Fire your PR.
Procure actual raws, rather than screenshots of thumbnails.
And change your group description, because you clearly do not "provide best quality chapters".

Aggregator gang
@drwhocares please, be silent, and be glad that someone is actually taking the time to translate this for us. this isn't completely illegible like some of the other mangas out there that are being translated now.

@hunlight, thanks for continuing this series

Users who are viewing this thread