Jikan Teishi Yuusha - Yomei 3-ka no Settei ja Sekai wo Sukuu ni wa Mijika Sugiru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Bathhouse and Stop (Nips ver.)

Just seen this series and kinda skimmed through to here. I'll need to go back for full story but from what I seen, this man is a legend. Just shamelessly perving on every woman.

@marcyvq I didn't look at it too hard, but the traps that moved seemed to just be pitfalls, which would move despite time stop due to being manipulated by Sekai and/or his familiars.

@marcyvq Probably because of his physical actions and the direct results. He still changes stuff. If he throws a stone in the water not only the stone is affected but the water will be affected from the stone and moves. The stone doesn't stay on top of the water or sinks without creating ripples.

Otherwise it should be a time stop which makes him unable to move any object. No taking money, lifting skirts and pulling panties down. If he throws a stone in the air he can stop time but he won't be able to stand on top of the mid-air stone. Same with a trap which is a mechanism, weak or trigger parts aren't fixed in place but just "are" as when the time got stopped.

Double-page supporter
@AztechDan
@bakauguu
On pg 30 one of the traps the golem triggers is a giant ass block of stone that is either falling or coming out from the wall. That's quite different from personally falling through the floor which is a direct contact, you'd need more than one mechanism acting to move something like that. Whatever is holding up the block (or moving it sideways) would need to let go, triggered by your actions, but you're not touching that block just the trigger that releases it so the block shouldn't move.

Compare this to the cart he uses to move the girls. This makes slightly more sense since he places them in the cart and then moves the cart himself, so they're moving because he's moving what they're sitting on. It's still a very much a stretch though, they should remain in place and get left behind if they're not tied to the cart, but it's still more believable.

A falling or sliding stone block doesn't even have that benefit, the only thing moving it is gravity or some hidden counterweight, but things don't fall in stopped time as far as we know from the acid spit. Triggering a trap merely lets something else move, but time is stopped, so there's no reason that it would move.

Another angle to approach it from is: If MC lets go of a balloon's string does it float off or stop dead in place? I would wager it stays in place, maybe we'll find out for sure later on. Triggering a trap is the same as letting go of a balloon string. If it's not the same then none of this works because if merely touching something that's touching something causes it to be active then time wouldn't stop at all, everything is touching something else always.

Anyway it's just a silly manga that's not too bad so far, these are just the kind of questions I wonder about with this sort of premise since time shenanigans are rarely handled well in manga. Usually you just end up mad that a given mc isn't instantly winning because time is such an op-ass power.

Oh god no, I just thought of a way way bigger issue, nevermind traps, this asshole has been cooking!
Cooking! Nothing makes sense! How can you cook curry during stopped time, there's so many physical effects that have to be happening at the same time, having a flame alone blows away any chance of this making sense, it's not even a magical flame.

@marcyvq I rarerly bother to think too much on a physical level in stories. These aren't really trying to be making sense all the time. But I understand getting stuck/annoyed with some parts or details :')

Maybe cooking works because the sparks (or firemagic) he created or outside the frozen time/timeline. Just like he can cut, he can also burn stuff.

Another thing that came in mind is magic. Magic activated before timestop stays active. Traps might be all magically generated, thus staying active even in timestop :)

@marcyvq the way I look at it is there are two different ways to represent time stop. Either everything is dead frozen, either nothing is moving anymore but you can make it move by yourself. Like, the physical / chemicals reactions are all stopped, but if you start one it will work just fine. Either you can only move in a world where nothing else moves, either you can move and make things move.

I think this manga is portraying time stop as the latter. Otherwise as @bakauguu said he wouldn't be able to lift skirts because the fabric would be hard, water would turn solid (which we know isn't the case since said he was able to fetch water from a well in a previous chapter) etc. In this kind of world the only thing you can do is move or lift things, but not bend things. You wouldn't be able to start a fire either.

I don't think there are inconsistencies so far, since the manga has been pretty clear since chapter one that things can move/can happen if they are the result of MC's actions.

Fed-Kun's army
to be honest he is a realistic example of what happens when you give a pervert time stop.
Hell i would probably end up doing everything he does too as well, if i had that godly power and was bored out of my mind.

Dex-chan lover
You have to at least appreciate the fact he doesn't do anything worse than titty touching, if he wanted to he could fuck every girl in the city but he doesn't because he has some morals.

Users who are viewing this thread