Jikan Teishi Yuusha - Yomei 3-ka no Settei ja Sekai wo Sukuu ni wa Mijika Sugiru - Vol. 5 Ch. 14 - Climb and Stop

Group Leader
@Xystus, His first name is Sekai. The japanese write their first names last: Kuzuno Sekai. Now, normally, after translation, I would place the first name first (that's how English works). However, doing so ruins the pun on his name: kuzu no sekai = scum's world. Therefore, to keep this from happening, I chose the comma format: Kuzuno, Sekai. I know that this format only makes sense in writing (citations, etc), but I want to keep the pun alive.

@albirew, Really?

Dex-chan lover
@Kyuzo tbh I think it's fine to just write Kuzuno Sekai post translation. Most do this anyway, like Uzumaki Naruto, Sakuragi Hanamichi, etc. Only western releases like those in VIZ and Mangaplus put their first names first, which is weirddddddddd af.

Anyway I was just curious, really, that's all.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyuzo Shouldn’t it be Isawella/Isawera, instead of Isauera, considering that ウェ = we, in contrast to ウエ = ue?

Group Leader
@polemarch, Back when I was pondering how to spell that name, the options were: Isawera, Isauera, Isabella.
Isabella is usually spelled イサベラ so that's out.
For some reason, Isawera sounded like Isauira to me when I read it.
In the end, I went with Isauera to avoid that problem.
But now that I think it over again, Isawera is also a valid spelling. It didn't feel right to me, that's all.

Googling イサウェラ to find some kind of known translation didn't help whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread