Jiken Jaken! - Vol. 4 Ch. 56 - And then there were none (Part 2)!

Dex-chan lover
How many young people read those books in general? Back in school, I read mostly fantasy, scifi, and classics of the world literature (the likes of Les Miserables or La Peste). I have to admit reading detective stories wouldn't have visited my mind. Although for the sake of someone like Yuriko I'd have totally read them. None like her was around, though.

Im stopping reading mystery novel at elementary school lol, at junior high school I spend more time on playing game/watching anime, nowadays I only read comic or light novel. It's understandable that nobody really interested in mystery thing at highschool

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme well back in school days, if we speak of fiction books that I read, that was mostly fantasy and scifi, but I also read some detective stuff (my father's collection was pretty large). Out of the detective stuff I liked the Sherlock Holmes books the most, though.

Dex-chan lover
yep back in the days, i would only read like any novel, but hardly the mysteries ones

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme When I was in high school I remember reading a lot of E.A. Poe's mystery novels. The murders in the Rue Morgue is probably my favorite, alongside the golden bug. Mystery novels looked really cool back then.

Dex-chan lover
*Fooly from Abs Knight busts through the wall like Kool-Aid Man*

somethin' going on here?

Dex-chan lover
Yes, praise the teacher for crushing her dreams, causing her to withdraw into herself. Lovely school.

Thank goodness Toiri came around.

@Kaarme: I read a lot of fantasy and ghost stories, but also loved Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. I wish I branched out into more mystery. Nowadays, I can't really stand fantasy, but love mysteries much more.

Dex-chan lover
I guess she still has a bone to pick with iris, huh.

Users who are viewing this thread