Jikkyou!! Izumi-kun no Koi Moyou - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Izumi's Complete Upending

Contributor
@ThaIssing I utterly disagree, it's true that, at this point, confessing wouldn't be worth it and would only lead to more trouble, but following the girl like her slave is just WRONG! try to put yourself in his place, if the guy you liked told you that he likes this certain person and that he wished you to "support" his love, by giving him advices and watching both get on romantic situations, would you really do that???

Dex-chan lover
@ThaIssing: I totally agree with you.

If you really love someone, you want them to be happy, with or without you. People seems to forget that this trope and this trope aren't only reserved to secondary characters and unlucky chilhood friends.

@akronius: It seems that the manga will move onto the next magazine only to have a final chapter.

@kafukaPalazzo
If you really love someone, you want them to be happy, with or without you.
That is the biggest load of bullshit you can spew out of your mouth. You cant truly fall in love with someone that you have been talking to for a month at best. Of course for everyone their own happiness should come first but the mc is acting like an orbiter hoping that when those 2 break up he can be the shoulder she could cry on. Its pathetic

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown:

You cant truly fall in love with someone that you have been talking to for a month at best.
I agree that it seems a bit farfetched that love can sincerely bloom in so little time, but, hey, it's pretty rare but still can happen and in this particulary case, well, this is a fiction. So I guess it's where suspension of disbelief kicks in for me, but yeah, I agree that it will not work for everyone. Still, our main character is a guy who was pretty isolated his whole life, so it's not really surprising (and kind of logic) that if a beautiful and nice girl is starting to talk to him, give him importance and be nice with him, he will fall for her. This kind of things happens often.

And, anyway, this wasn't what I wanted to say here. What I really wanted to say is, even if it's not "real" love, well, you can still want the subject of your affection to be happy, with or without you.

TL;DR: Bullshit or not, what I was saying is still valid.

the mc is acting like an orbiter hoping that when those 2 break up he can be the shoulder she could cry on. Its pathetic
I....really fail to see how you can see it that way. He looks like he's "waiting for them to break up"? Seriously?
Wow, dude ( or sis, I don't know), this a really pessimistic and negative kind of way to see things. Because, as I see it (and as I think it really is), he just look like... i don't know, he just want her to be happy?
You know, not everyone have an hidden agenda full of egoisitc tought. Some people are... well, just nice people and want others to be happy, even at the cost of their own happiness. And it's seems to be the case of the main character, I mean, the poor guy doesn't have a really good opinion of himself, but is nevertheless a nice guy, so it's kinda logic.

Also, the "orbiter part". He like that girl, so, even if he can't get in a romantic relationship with her, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to see her for the rest of his life. Some people are okay (or have no choice) with the fact of just staying friends.

I said it once, and I will repeat it: people, a story doesn't need to go "boy meet girl, then boy get girl the end" to be a good or a happy or interesting story. Bitersweetness is a tool, not something bad. And if a main character doesn't jump on his love interest to confess his love, that doesn't make him a "beta" or a "cuck".

A lot of people here are calling the main character "pathetic", but I think it's quite the opposite. Someone who's able to put his own feelings aside for others is a great person, not a pathetic one.

@kafukapalazzo
I....really fail to see how you can see it that way. He looks like he's "waiting for them to break up"? Seriously?
That is why I said mc is "acting" like that. There is no message to be had here , no deeper meaning . There is no way for a human being to put others happiness before his . I never said I dont like the complicated relationship this characters have but the way mc acts since a few chapters ago and the way how this romance took pretty much all the screen time .

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown

That is why I said mc is "acting" like that. There is no message to be had here , no deeper meaning .
So, yeah, I got it the first time. You're saying he's "acting like that". I'm saying that you're wrong and why I think you're wrong about it. Sorry If it wasn't clear, english is not my native language, so sometimes I have trouble to be clear with my words.
I'm not searching for deeper meaning, but for explaination. But now I understand why you see it that whay.

There is no way for a human being to put others happiness before his .
I'm sorry but I really can't agree with you on that point. Yes, people can put their own happiness before their own. I saw it before, I did it myself more than once, and i'm pretty sure I will continue to see it in my life. (if you want some exemple, just look at parenthood)

Dex-chan lover
Every time I read the comments here, I regret it.
Guys, do you really think a guy who has no experience with extrovert people, let alone extrovert girls will be able to confess in a week? It's like neither of you have been an introvert in high school. It took me 2 months to actually ask my friend out, and she was a close friend and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so can't you guys be a bit realistic?
Also, having low self-esteem, he'll probably know he has no chance, but he still appreciate her for what she is.
And she's the one that made him break out of his bubble, she pushed him to climb the social ladder so of course he'll be grateful for that. Even without romance, her presence changed him.
Last but not least, this chapter showed really well that she has no sense of boundaries. It's like a French dude kissing you goodbye the first time you see him, you might find it weird but for him, it's "normal" and talking like that Izumi is "normal" to her. She isn't leading him on intentionally, it's her way of acting with others, and he's fully aware of that.

Btw, the romance tag is appropriate, romance doesn't mean "MC gets the girl(s)", it can be a secondary tag, so can you stop complain about that?

@Kaios I dont want the mc to confess. I want him to get out of all this drama. I cant believe he could act so pathetic so he could stay with the first girl he had a crush on

@jokerxhisoka there is a difference here. It's not her that asked him to support her, he decided that for himself. He does follow all her whims but I don't see it like a slave.

@eonhardt676 staying out of the love part would properly be the best action, but it would also be the boring one from the fiction perspective.^

@KafukaPalazzo I totally agree! You wouldn't try to force yourself on someone you love when you know the feeling is not returned. Their happiness is yours if you truly cared, even if it's bittersweet one.

@Kaios I see you point. But personally, Idk if I'd able to handle the situation. I'd tire me out and depress me more.

Dex-chan lover
@StarixCrown : Me neither, I don't want him too, I want him to grow up in social sense, and for that he has to realize first that his situation is pathetic. It takes some time for that, this story is only 15 chapters long, and spanned for at most a month.

@DexHaunter : Yeah, I see how it could be harsh. But for this case, even if he's hurting because his feelings are unrequited, she's still making him do things that he enjoys, it's not like a regular girl that will give you just a relationship (not sure if I'm really clear on this one)

Contributor
@ThaIssing "slave" was just a less aggressive and vulgar way to address his situation. It's not that different, you don't need to say it directly to ask someone something. Since the beginning she has been insinuating that she likes when he's there supporting her and that she likes to hear his voice, which was one of the reasons for him to make his choice. In the end, saying those things brings the same result/it's the same as asking him directly to stay by her side "supporting" her love. That aside, it doesn't really change the fact that the situation that he put himself in is pure masochism and nonsensical.

@jokerxhisoka less aggressuve and vulgar? don't you mean more?
I am sorry, I fail to see that, how could she ask him to support her love life when she haven't even realized it herself?
First thing first, she doesn't even know he have fallen for her, so all she see is a guy she consider a good friend and it's only normal to wish for your friends to be supportive, she have been very supportive of him look at how he started to gain more confidence? He dares to talk in a crowd now.
He does put himself into a hard situation, it would be the best for him to just try stay out of her love life, but I can understand why you would want the ones you care for to be happy.

Contributor
@ThaIssing yes, less than cuck,manwhore, etc. I never said she asked him to support her love, but that she liked to hear his voice and she insinuated that she likes when he is there with her. Yes, it's normal to want the ones you care for to be happy, but not on the costs of your suffering, He doesn't need to be there on every minute of her life for her to be happy with another guy; actually, he wasn't of any help up until now and somewhat looked like some kind of a voyeur.

Users who are viewing this thread