Jikkyou!! Izumi-kun no Koi Moyou - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Izumi's Tomorrow

@ss4chris i remember you. you're the beta cuck christ-chan.
btw if you've been reading manga, there's handful off mc that actually slain pussy.
unless, what have you only been reading are beta manga like this, then i would understand your perspective. cheers!

Dex-chan lover
find a kronix post where he doesn't scream "beta self cuck" like a sperg

Dex-chan lover
thanks for defending me fellas but you cant win agaisnt a beta self cuck MC lover like that commenter. They just love to insert themselves into the lives of beta self cuck MCs where they getting cucked or cuck themselves xD

@ss4chris theres more than 20 manga where the mc is not a beta self cuck bitch like yourself and get pussah but I am not gonna bother posting since you dont read them.

jak

Contributor
@Mako - True that. I'm not a fan of blocking people, but I really wish you could hide comments so I don't have to see a comment section riddled with "cuck this, NTR that". He's probably projecting considering how obsessed he is with it.

Supporter
I'm not inclined to dig deep but is there a specific reason why this feels like a test script rather than a fully fleshed out narrative?

The art is all there and on point, there are established characters but aside from the abrupt ending a lot of the narrative seems like a pilot.

Over a longer period of time I feel that this could have been fleshed out much better than it is with only 16 chapters. I won’t say the ending is disappointing, but it’s definitly kinda meh.

Contributor
Many decent series were axed along this due to Young Animal Arashi demise. Torako is biggest lose.

Double-page supporter
Can't the author continue this in sites like Pixiv?
Since the magazine was shut down, they don't own it anymore, right?

Group Leader
When we want our useless main character to be a hero, it shouldn't end here.

the series had every unfortunate circumstances as it was published in not a proper gender magazine for it then the magazine get's shut down and it's offer to another with a even worse gender for it.
the author explain that it was going to ended regardless at the ch 16 possible by the circumstances also this manga is very specific is more oriented to a real life then a fantasy with a happy ending and his role has always been as an observer not the main guys so many may find it stupid and boring concepts.
I think the open and somewhat happy ending it was OK for all that's been going on with it.
this was definitely not a series for someone with a high ego, sociopaths complex or inferiority complex.
it was promising as a social evaluation theme.
this is more for a very mature and critic audience imho.

Dex-chan lover
@Lenk I understand the situation with the magazine cutting it short with the shutdown, but the whole author never intending a happy ending, i dont read Manga for real life mirrors, I read it to be entertained, so in this instace its great that the manga got cut short and we didnt have to spend 100+ chapters following a train with no rails.

Conflicting read, but good nonetheless. Even with the cancellation I don't feel it deserves the 7/10 review it has.

Dex-chan lover
I'm alright with him not getting the girl. Life doesn't always give a happy ending. I don't really mind the open "ending" either. I've still only rated it 6 mostly because the overly flowery language, bubble after bubble, page after page, started to get annoying real quick. Who even talks like that outside of a cliché history drama skit? It felt like a weird mix between sports/current events commentary and chuuni speech. I would have preferred if it spent a few less pages on those monologues and more on his development to a person who is able to socialize, or at least make his speeches less cringey. After the first few times I found myself mostly skipping over them or just crossreading every few words to get the gist of it.

Dex-chan lover
I'll admit there's a lot of similarities to real life in the fact that beta orbiters like MC-kun are too afraid to confess to the girl they like - I've been there, done that. It IS normal to be like that. But it should also be seen as shameful and unmanly -- because it is. It's a course of action driven by cowardice and self-hate, not by compassion or love.

The MC can try to convince himself (and the author can try to convince the readers) that MC is supporting Shinohara's love for someone else because of his love for her -- but the reality is that it's because HE feels UNWORTHY of Shinohara and thus is giving up without a fight. It really is beta self-cucking behavior, and @Kronix is 100% right on this.

If you like reading about painful, bittersweet friendzonings and unrequited love, then this is an excellent manga for you. It's fine if you like it. But make no mistake, the MC's behavior is not something that should be emulated. Shinohara is definitely a nice person, and she helped bring him out of his shell and he should feel thankful for that, but it does no one any favors to lie by omission -- ie keeping his feelings for her bottled up.

It was very clear that the MC had a real shot with Shinohara. He certainly could have asked her out on a date, and I think she probably would have accepted, especially around Chapter 9 with the water park and 'morning wake-up' bit. Instead, he was a coward.

It's certainly becoming well known that Japan is full of "herbivore men" who are eschewing relationships, sex, etc., preferring to lose themselves in materialistic delights rather than relations with the opposite sex. I don't know enough about the mindset of mangakas and otaku to know if they have a preference for MCs that act like themselves, but I think it's pretty understandable that as most of us are Americans (or at least, in Western civilization) we prefer our main characters to be on the brave side, to be better than the average person.

TL;DR, romance stories that end in failure aren't what most people here seem to be looking for, especially when the 'cause' is less "5 CM per second" or "Voices on a distant Star" aka circumstances make the romance pretty impossible and more "our MC starts as a coward, stays a coward and ends up as a coward and never experiences any growth." And I think that is part of what makes us discontented. We never saw the MC actually grow or learn anything. He remained exactly the same from start to finish. In fact, everyone in the story did. Which makes it a pretty poor story.

Users who are viewing this thread