Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 38

Group Leader
@episode
Ah, damnit, something always manages to get past me.
It's fixed now, thanks for pointing it out!
I can't really fix the chapters that aggregators have already uploaded, but I can at least make the MD chapters more presentable with better spelling, so if anyone spots spelling mistakes please don't hold back on mentioning me to fix them.

Oh wow I didn't realize it's been so long since the last chapter. Quarantine time really messes with you huh?

Thanks for picking it up.

Dex-chan lover
Things different from the LN (spoilers totally):

- The Ship Noah didn't appear, only in battered, sunken ship form because Shouzo blasted it hard... Danua is a pure unadulterated Bakarina in terms of agriculture and stuff.
- Pandora's user was really never involved with everyone even to the current release in EN nor Pandora was present in this scene.

given how much the impression the manga gives, it's really surprising on how totally different the LN was... in fact it can get really "wtf" in the dark sense

especially Sansui who went super blatant in stating the need to kill "someone" since there's basically no loss in killing said "someone".

Pandora's user is completely different, attitude wise...
LN states that Pandora can only be used by someone who wants to die and this guy is a huge sober who wants to effin' die "Everyone's so talented and was savin' s---, I just want to die sniff"

Fed-Kun's army
Lol i need a suiboku spinoff, i need to see the madness this terrorist was up to in his glory days. 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
Suiboku... the joke of his long violence happy past rises again lol.

No wonder he's such a calm guy, he spent all those years ago going crazy already.

On an interesting side note, I managed to find a list of the 8 sacred treasures and their usage requirements and functions in the first part of the 4th light novel.
Anything in () is my opinion and is not from the book.

The Ultimate Legendary Sword, Eckesachs:
-Can only be used by those "seeking strength"
-capable of boosting all forms of magic
(Why the f*** does a legendary sword boost magical capabilities instead of melee abilities???? The name "Eckesachs" means "Sharp sword"! )

The Demon Blade of Vengeance, Dainsleif
-Can only be used by those seeking vengeance (obviously)
-drains the living blood of its targets
(-can apparently track people of blood relations?)

The Mirror of Consumption's Truth, Ungaikyo
- Can only be used by those who have no compunction about using a tool until it breaks
- creates countless copies of objects
(Remember how the new emperor of Domino threatened to kill his subordinates ?)

The Divine Spear of Rebellion, Vajra
-can only be wielded by those fighting against powerful authorities
- freely controls the weather
(The current wielder IS a powerful authority now, soo...?)

The Sacred Chalice of Will, Elixir
-can only be used by those with a strong desire to live
-sustains survival indefinitely
(A reference to the Holy Grail, maybe?)

The Bountiful Silo of Compassion, Danua
-only usable by those with an endless spirit of charity
-infinite food
(Apparently, kindness has the power to break all laws of physics and spawn food out of reality's rectum or something. )

The Ark of Survival, Noah
-can be used by ANYONE who wants to avoid death
- capable of "incredible defense" (most likely due to the fact that it's FLYING IN THE SKY)
(An obvious reference to Noah's Ark, it's usage restrictions allow for multiple users presumably so that people can evacuate onto it during disasters)

The Armor of Entropy and Disaster, Pandora
-can ironically only be worn by people with a genuine deathwish
-"a far too macabre power"
-Apparently, very few people have a perfect match with it, and those who do can't die or something?
(The description of its usage is WAY too vague, but the name Pandora implies bad things. The usage requirement seems super backward though. An armor that makes you unable to die only if you WANT to die??)

Users who are viewing this thread