Jimoto no Ijimekko-tachi ni Shikaeshi Shiyou to Shitara, Betsu no Tatakai ga Hajimatta. - Ch. 36 - The spit battle has begun

If I'm remembering correctly, "I put a little spit in there!" seems to be a variation on a rather old American slang term from baseball. Considering the popularity of baseball in Japanese culture, it's very possible that the phrase has become adapted/adopted by sports enthusiasts, which would be fairly appropriate for Akira.

Essentially, it would be like saying "I really put some extra on that!" or "I gave that some real 'Oomph'!". She put an enthusiastic jump-hug on the MC, rather over the top for her.

Dex-chan lover
Aggregator gang
Honestly for all the (deserved) flack the MC is getting from both the other characters and even the narrator my dude is practically speedrunning the Dense MC to Harem Chad Pipeline having now had 2 realizations concerning 2 different girls in under 50 chapters. I think the only MC I've ever seen progress through a romance faster is Nasa but he is an outlier adn should not be counted.

If I'm remembering correctly, "I put a little spit in there!" seems to be a variation on a rather old American slang term from baseball. Considering the popularity of baseball in Japanese culture, it's very possible that the phrase has become adapted/adopted by sports enthusiasts, which would be fairly appropriate for Akira.

Essentially, it would be like saying "I really put some extra on that!" or "I gave that some real 'Oomph'!". She put an enthusiastic jump-hug on the MC, rather over the top for her.
Indeed the "spitball" is a (now illegal in american baseball) practice of wetting the ball with saliva or sweat to alter trajectory.

She put sweat on him like some of the oldtime baseball players used to do.

So was the phrase she used "tsubase tsuke toitakara"? 唾を付けといたから or close to it? "Because I put spit on it" or maybe "on you"

Last edited:
Group Leader
I dunno what's worse. Dense MC, Grade School Mental Level MC, or Mishearing MC.

Aggregator gang
Me and my siblings when we "mark" foods that we don't want others to eat we exaggeratedly "spit" on it(not really, more like pretend). So Akira's line about how she has her spit on Kotaro immediately triggered nostalgic memories.

Fed-Kun's army
He is beginning his cure treatment from the trauma that the 3 bitches inflicted on him in his past like finally he is healing

Dex-chan lover
I'm probably off on this, but the only thing I can think to point to is the story of Ishida Mitsunari and Ootani Yoshitsugu regarding a drink contaminated with the mucus of the latter that served as the plot point that led to Fuutarou and Miku becoming friends in Gotoubun.

Users who are viewing this thread