Jingai Hime Sama, Hajimemashita - Free Life Fantasy Online - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - No Matter how you look at it, this is a catacomb.

Dex-chan lover
@Tomoshibi Page 21 the word "right" & page 22 the word "scanning" are misspelled. Was expecting a bunch of gore for the 1st chapter but I'm assuming were going to see some next chapter. Thanks for the translations.

And here I was hoping that the reviews about it from the other language tl's weren't true about it all being fanservice.... yet it is

Why is fanservice such a common/popular thing in Japan? So far, the fanservice totally ruins the story compared to the webnovel. The story is actually really good and I suggest reading the webnovel over the manga version (At least so far, maybe the fanservice goes away but I doubt it). Instead of the manga version focusing on fanservice with the story as the backdrop, the webnovel focuses on the story itself.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly felt pretty bad for an intro. It somehow failed to explain absolutely nothing while using most of the time in an utterly pointless chat with an AI that was purposefully made stupid (Why?!) that will never appear again... I was really hoping this adaptation would be an improvement over the extremely lazy writing of the LN, but somehow this feels even worse.

Fed-Kun's army
@The_Enderwolf Ah, I misspoke, I was referring to the web novel. If you enjoyed it then that's great, but I felt that that the author did a very poor job of (e.g. never) explaining why the MC acts the way she does and why the game world events happen the way they do, which never made any sense to me in the web novel and seem totally absurd without some reason behind them. I guess this manga chapter 1 is already giving me the same vibes, with the MC making absurd choices for no apparent reason (Making the AI dumb).

@frungy Ah ok, I still like the webnovel more (at least the translated version I read on novelupdates) than this manga so far because all I’m getting from the manga is: fan service first, the story is just the background for the fan service. In the WN, at least there wasn’t whatever the heck they did to the character creation scene in the manga.

Also have you read the light novel and did it alter Anastasia’s personality and write about the character creator the same way as the manga did?

Power Uploader
@The_Enderwolf @frungy
yes, it's actually pretty bad for a first chapter, but it will turn into gore in a few chapters and then SoL, cooking, raid battle, and some moderate combat.,
there's barely ecchi fanservice after this.,
the storyline itself is pretty generic, but the art is top-notch especially for the gore part.,

@Tomoshibi Ah k, thanks! Glad to know that the manga version didn't devolve into constant fan service. I liked the story as presented in the web novel and I'm glad to know that the manga is barely going to focus on fan service anymore. From the first chapter of the manga, I thought that the rest of the story was just fanservice but kinda glad to know they don't continue with it.

Also yeah, there are parts of the story that I can't wait to see how it's handled and drawn.
I really wanna see Alf-san get buried in the ground during the first boss fight and I hope they do a good job with it.

@ReRead its mostly because the nip censor was obvious(ly bad) at page 25, 26, and 28. and then there was the uncensored nip in one panel... which made me wonder if it was the author, the publisher/editor, or the tl team that did it

Users who are viewing this thread