Jingai Hime Sama, Hajimemashita - Free Life Fantasy Online - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - Unparalleled Immortal Princess

Dex-chan lover
Caught up with this. I read the WN over a year ago.

Feels like the adaptation’s kinda lacking. Welp time to hit up the light novel I suppose
So at least it's more a problem of the adaption and not the source, that gives a little hope for future chapters.
Yeah, this adaptation isn't exactly up to par. There's tons of explanations that get cut out. A lot of them aren't really necessary, but some are, since it's hard to keep track of everything otherwise. What's not necessary is probably most of the skill exposition. There's probably too much of that in the WN.

Mostly I find the pacing to be completely off. Things happen with such a strange timing.

Supporter is a complete waste of space. It might be the worst character I've ever seen in any story period. It fulfills absolutely no purpose at all. In-game it's supposed to provide support for Princess, but it's worse at the game than she is. For readers it might've served a purpose in relaying information, or at least asking for information, that the readers might want to know, but the questions it asks are just too dumb for even that.

So what's good about the manga adaptation? Well, there are some scenes where her inhumanity shines through. She looks a bit of dead in the eyes, which is about accurate. But mostly, read the WN if you want to read this story. It provides better imagery.

ball shop
Tamaya is a Japanese word that means a "ball shop"1. It is also the name of a popular manufacturer of fireworks in the first half of the 1800s2. The name Tamaya was inspired by the fox deities, who carry a ball that is similar to the one dragons carry1. When a firework explodes in the sky, you yell "Tamaya"3.

You often hear “tamaya” and “kagiya” at fireworks festivals. It dates back to a fireworks festival in 1808 on the Sumida River (the origin of today’s Sumida River Fireworks Festival). There were a couple of popular fireworks companies by the names of “Tamaya” and “Kagiya” at this festival. Kagiya was the original company, and subsequently branched off to establish Tamaya. During this festival, Tamaya set up on the upper half of the river while the lower half was taken by Kagiya, and they competed against each other. So, people shouted out their names in support of one or the other. Years later, however, Tamaya’s factory burned down in a big fire, and vanished from Edo (the old name for Tokyo). Now, all that remains is the tradition of yelling their name at fireworks festivals.

Dex-chan lover
I came here because I was reading the novel then I remembered seeing a manga with the same name, but I think I'll go back to the novel...

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what kind of manga you guys had been reading thus far, but this is amongst one of the good ones. It's a shame that the TL lost interest in this manga. Hope someone would pick this up. It's freaking cliffhanger too.

Dex-chan lover
So is this abandoned?
I don't know what kind of manga you guys had been reading thus far, but this is amongst one of the good ones. It's a shame that the TL lost interest in this manga. Hope someone would pick this up. It's freaking cliffhanger too.
Scan groups are probably unlikely to ever bother with scanlating this series, because the manga adaptation is such a train wreck. The novel it's based on is great don't get me wrong, but a lot of the stuff doesn't translate well to a manga format and on top of that it's been handled very poorly. The novel author had no input over how the manga went.

If you like this story, 100% go read the novel instead and at most come back here for seeing some scenes or characters illustrated.
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/free-life-fantasy-online/

Users who are viewing this thread