Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukkan: Hajimari no Shou

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so is there a "light version" of this and a "dark" version as well?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamed If you want to call it defanged then yes, not because the other version had murder and serious issues oozing from it, just think they made a mistake with the art style and it became too time consuming. The chapters of the original has been removed from mangadex, but you can find them here https://mangakakalot.com/manga/jinrou_e_no_tensei_maou_no_fukukan the plot moves a bit slower than this new version, but it has more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Whatever1337
It's not "defanged" because there's no murder, it's "defanged" because these people aren't human. They're like cut-outs of what supposed to be human. Like I'm hooked at ch. 0 of the other one due to the people being on edge and taking the threat of monster attacks as if their lives are at stake. That window is lost here. It's like a back-alley fight where generic isekai MC meets frail heroine. I pretty much prefer the other heroine as she seems like she earned the loyalty and respect befitting her position. It just seems that this version is rather light for war and would be really preachy when the inevitable racism between these two factions start appearing.

@Tamed
Not gonna lie, I'm not digging this new Airia too much either. Frail, innocent, clumsy, incompetent, easily impressionable, these are a lot of tags that could be placed on her right now, of which none would have applied to the original version. But oh well. I'm still very curious what the later chapters hold (And I'm holding out hope that maybe in the future things will take a serious turn)

Oh thanks for the comments, thought maybe I was going crazy because I woukd have bet anything I had seen this a fair while back.
Anyway, thanks to those involved for the release. 👍
Tbh haven't read it yet but it on my short list (full list is like 2k+, but short list only about 200 or so lol) atm.

Dex-chan lover
reboot with inferior art style and made a little more generic. For as bad as a person wishes to have their story published, they shouldn't sacrifice quality and the story (to a degree) just to get it out there. Yes they need to make money, but no one remembers generic stuff unless its pounded into them like commercials on tv for example

Group Leader
>:3 I luv floofy bois, and compared to the earlier version of this manga, I think this one is superior! OWO All hail the translators!

It starts really well: "ah I'm an isekai! I could be a simple fantasy, but no, I decided to be an isekai. How will this impact the plot? In any way, the protagonist doesn't even remember his past, but he knows he is in an isekai. Not like breaking through the fourth wall, we just bothered to describe his life and his personality. So... Who cares?! He is cool and strong. When you have all that coolness, what personality do you need? ". 10/10

Dex-chan lover
Why, in this adaption, is he suddenly willing to get hit? The whole thing about his characterization is that he dislikes hand-to-hand combat that other werewolves love, and seeks peaceful solutions. In the novel, he flat out says that he wouldn't be able to beat either of them in a fair fight. He just transforms and unleashes a howl laced with magic immediately. It is like the manga is trying to gloss over the flaws he has, just to cater to the power fantasy cliches.

honestly.... it's not drawn well... there're many empty spaces.
while I hope I'm wrong, i think it's not gonna last long. probably it's going to have a rushed ending, just like other ln based manga....

Users who are viewing this thread