Jinrouki Winvurga

This is peak culture! If the World ever had a reason to be created it's so that this manga could be drawn.

Manga designed to make one so angry at the villains they keep reading to see them punished? Yeah, other manga do it too, but going full throttle like this cheapens the plot a bit too much, which is a shame.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind graphic components if they serve a purpose, but sexual violence in this serves to make the villains evil caricatures. This thing is a waste of great art and screams edginess. Its a darn shame.

If all characters had actual motivations this could have been something.

Dex-chan lover
The "evil" people are so stupid. It's such a waste to dismember the onaholes.

Fed-Kun's army
@ScrotalLingerie you profil picture is exactly the representation i make of people reading this manga and im pretty sure its not far from reality

Lmao the bad guys are so edgy. Valiant lesbian warriors vs evil rapist patriarchy. The art is pretty good though and the mecha designs are unique. Is this related to Cross Ange?

Double-page supporter
I actually really enjoy the giant robot aspect of this. Seeing the different designs and how they fight is really fun even if others may see it as basic. And the good designs don't really stop at the mechs, the girls are cute too.
But thats pretty much where the praise ends, at least in my perspective.

The story's servicable until you get to the antagonists the "Dominator Empire." Just from the Sexual Violence tag and Synopsis you can guess exactly why they're the antagonists. They're so one note it's almost insulting as a reader. I guess the author couldn't think of any better story or reason at all for us to hate them that they had to add a rape scene every other chapter and blame it on their society. They don't try to pretty it up either with imagery or metaphores, they just straight up show those scenes and give us those creepy close up shots of blood sputtering out like a hammer on a fruit gusher in an attempt of what i can only assume to be some kind of dark fan service. It's the cheapest most lazy way possible to make a reader hate someone or something and really shows how incompetent of a writer one can be.
Rape can be in a story, it can be used for a character's backstory, no one is saying it can't. It happens in real life and we use it in media to really emphaise how real a fictional world can be, just like indiscriminate genocide or slavery. They can be used as a tool for story telling just like an abusive household or even something as wholesome as raising an adopted child are tools. It's just the constant use of it as a crutch for laziness is awful.

Other series has this problem too, but this is the one that really made me mad. The other stories that used rape badly like the infamous Sword Art Online scenes didnt annoy me as much because those were just par for the course with how awful they were spiralling down like a flaming plane with a broken rudder. I loved how fun the mechs were, I just wish they were in a better story

Who knows though, maybe i'm just judging this too quickly. Sorry if that was long I dont know comment etiquette Oh and thank you JUM for continuing the translation of this either way, your work is impeccable and I hope to see you guys continue doing what you do best

I saw the raw of this manga in nhentai and think it's probably just some hentai manga with mecha as an excuse

But after reading the translation here i realized the story is quite good

@UmbraBird Hard agree, the story doesn't seem to be getting any better. Sad to see the potential wasted, and my time. Stuck it out for this long because mecha and yuri. Sadly little of the latter.
The overuse of rape just makes you numb to it, doesn't enhance the story when the reader comes across then 5th rape scene in as many chapters. It really just takes away from the impact of using it as a story element. This manga seems to be aiming for more of a fantasy fulfillment aspect with its sexual violence, the rape especially. Thinly veiled hentai indeed. Rather disgusted with myself it took me this long to drop it.

Dex-chan lover
i hate reading manga like this because theyre so f*ckin sad. If im gonna read a fantasy world like this id personally much prefer the men to be abused and humiliated instead of being reminded of a thing women are already afraid of in real actual life just played up immensely. I can read about horrific mistreatment of women in the news and in this manga yay. And they always have comments that remind us that some real life people are comfortable treating women like sex toys. Onaholes, if you will. Sorry, a rant that isnt necessarily specifically about this manga. Cheap uninteresting way to make hated villains while still appealing to boob hungry rape loving audiences.

@orb4eva, it's called gender equality. Women wanted to be treated equally to men. And in fiction a lot of men are beaten, killed and abused in other ways. To lessen the gender gap in fiction we need to create more manga were women are as mistreated as men are. Kudos to author for trying to lessen that gap.

Users who are viewing this thread