Jisatsutou - Vol. 17 Ch. 168 - Island of Life

Dex-chan lover
After so many years it's finally over cant say I enjoyed the ride but i certainly don't regret it anyways thanks for all the hard work guys.
tenor.gif

how does it end

somebody shows up and says "the end"

sounds good print it

yea got mixed feelings, i liked holyland (wasnt great but not shit). Jisatsutou, kinda feeling the same, jus ugh really. just an 'ugh' feeling. Theres Sousei no Taiga, which was like ok cool fine, but i dunno how that will turn out (if we ever see the end of it)
i think hes trying to do stuff differently and make that into his style but just comes off as clumsy. he tries to draw out a lot of emotion in the reader with him making characters that are relatable but somehow its a "lost in translation" (not literally a translation error, but culture/pov in how he expresses it, even if it goes against normal japaneses mores/norms etc) kinda feeling.
but yea, thank god this one is done.

Thanks a lot for keeping up the translation during all those years.
As usual in most mangas, the ending is a bit meh, they suddenly feel the urge to wrap it up while they were dragging it as long as possible 5 chapters earlier. So many mangas start really great, drag on for too long and die a sorry death with an exhausted author. I guess that's the cons of the japanese manga serialisation.
But I've seen far worse, like Destroy and revolution, or I am a hero...
Than you Mori sensei for an overall entertaining piece of work.

Did it get cancelled or something? Super out of left field rushed..

Sei with his family was nice tho at the end

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah it wasn't great, but I'm glad I can finally see the end of this series after so many years. There was always something that drew me in to this guys works but I think he really needs to team up with a better writer or something.

Fed-Kun's army
It's finally over. What a ride.

I can't say there weren't times I was frustrated.

But I'm glad to have read this over the years.

Group Leader
Ending was alright. I didn't think this series would actually be this long.

UPR

After discovering this I thought I found another favorite, then I went through a roller coaster of glee and disappointment, but I am glad it had a sort of positive ending

Contributor
Glad to see this one finished. I made fun of this work a lot, but I did look forward to releases. I picked this story up years back when I was reading on Batoto, so there's a slightly special attachment with this story. It's a bit reassuring to know the scanlation group shares my disappointment, but I'm glad they managed to finish what they started... despite doing so begrudgingly. Thanks a bunch, Death Toll.

On another note, that ending was, uh, not great. Not surprised; I expected it would not be great. I'm honestly surprised the Japanese government got away with their concentration camp for suicidal victims. Mori Kouji had a missed-out opportunity to write about the political repercussions, just like he always does. At least everyone is more or less happy. Cool. Mori Kouji even pulled out a "Where are they now?" Epilogue just like them 80s American movie film cinema.

QSS

Group Leader
Thanks for finishing <3

So in the end, the island was integrated back into society. I knew they stayed, but I was not expecting that.

Users who are viewing this thread