Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

I think Zeno did more than simply seal the earring as Cecil had just mentioned Heronia's increasing enmity towards Bertia. An additional defensive enchantment and preventing its removal to guarantee Bertia will have it at all times. Not to downplay Kuro's protection, or Cecil totally "staking his claim", it's just that the Prince is a crafty bastard... could be reading way too much in to it though.

Dex-chan lover
I love this series so much! Everyone calling Cecil a creep when he has no choice but to use these methods because Bertia is an actual idiot

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, this is sort of nearing the end.
Never read the last parts of the original novel, since nobody had translated them back when I read through them (about a year ago, I think).
Anyways, I don't actually remember Bertia wanting to call Cortgain "Big brother" in the original, though it could have just slipped my mind.
Think the earrings may have gone a bit differently as well. Same purpose, but the way it worked out was different

Also, are you guys just now realising that the Prince is manipulative? That's a major part of his character.

He seriously has a plan in motion that will derail the heroine's final gambit. He started said plan long before he even entered the school.

Contributor
I mean, yes, Cecil is over-possessive and creepy and disrespectful of other's free will. I thought that was well established from day one.

His dry wit and generally good intentions generally tend to balance out those aspects of his character and make him overall likable, but he's the sort of character who makes you cringe occasionally. This serves as an excellent foil for bright-eyed, madcap, foolish, good-natured Bertia, but whether it would all be okay in a real-world relationship is a much more complicated question.

But I respect those who think his actions here are not-okay, even if I'm fine with them (considering the totality of the circumstances) myself.

Contributor
I'm pretty sure the abbreviation for Bertia is Bert... but what do I know about japanese sensitivities~

Rereading this chapter again. I can't believe the manga just glossed over how Cecil snatched the necklace lol.
Novel said that with the necklace lying above her boobs he slightly touched them. Not that he intended to do that. (Lol as if)

Y'all suprised how the prince can get creepy when he's like that from the start. This manga clearly isn't for you if you can't handle his obviously terrible personality.

Users who are viewing this thread