Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
Would there actually be a person this stupid in real life though? Like even if the names and social positions are the same as some game you half remember from your previous life wouldn't you notice that absolutely nothing else is the same? If 0% of the supposed "events" from the game actualize in the reality in front of you why would you bet your entire life and future that, no really, this time for sure, it's gonna happen like I remember!
It just doesn't seem realistic.

Uhm. I dont know much about pre-human rights European royalty. But wont that be considered as slander to the crown and be a death sentence?

heronia's worst crime is not "being an idiot."

she's willingly, intentionally, and knowingly charmed men who are already engaged to be her yes men, knowingly falsely accused bertia with the intent to ruin her life and family, and has generally responded to kindness with enmity. she treats everyone around her like tools to get what she wants and just generally speaking she's an all around unpleasant person.

on another note, does heronia actually recognize bertia as a reincarnated person? i want to lean into "no" but she keeps lashing out at bertia specifically for not keeping within her role.

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget that her crime isn't just "being an idiot", but also "using a light spirit to brainwash people into doing her bidding".
Lest we just forgive every bad person around here spiking drinks with lsd to do what we want k? ;)

On a not totally related topic, I really don't get why all those stories think "bullying", in the context of medieval, monarchies, is a big deal.
Yes, if you are of a higher social status in those worlds, it's entirely expected that you have the right of life and death on those of lower status. So... Bullying at school ? Oh my gosh.
Not saying bullying is a good thing on earth, but I just don't see how it's coherent in a medieval monarchy setting.

Aggregator gang
I dig,
you dig,
we dig,
she dig,
he dig,
they dig.
It’s not a very good poem, but it’s very deep.
As deep as the hole Heronia dug by herself

Aggregator gang
There should be a limit to not taking a world seriously, to be stuck in your fantasy like a Chūnibyō. Even in otome games there are plenty of bad ends for the heroine. I'd be more worried about bad end as the heroine than as a villainess, because the villainess has all the high status and advantages and just needs to maintain her status while the heroine is usually an underdog that needs to climb up and earn it. Placing the heroine at an inherent disadvantage.

Dex-chan lover
This has been such a fun ride, I don't see this going for more than a handful of chapters but I love it !

one of the things i dont get from the game / story series is when things clearly arent going like they are in the story they still desperately cling to the idea nothing bad can happen to them / everything will work out if they follow the story. things are different so maybe accept reality as it is

Group Leader
@Omnicent
It's not, but there is a one-month break due to the virus and the next RAW chapter is in May.

Damn let's go for that public execution, she's really digging the hole deeper and deeper.

jak

Contributor
SO because Bertia was nicer, her father was nicer so he didn't follow the plot either.

Heronia's crime is "being an idiot" because "misusing a light spirit" or "charming nobles to do her biding" (which she can't but let's assume people would want to incriminate her with that) are crimes that cannot be brought against her because the existence of spirits has been a secret closely guarded by the higher echelons of nobility. At most only Marquis Nochess, just because Bertia is engaged to the Crown Prince and because he is the prime minister? I forgot, has knowledge on spirits, the rank is too low for other nobles to know aobut it.
So even if they wanted to kill her they can't because she hasn't slandered the crown, technically; and the reason that Heronia is punished
by being banished and striped of her nobility
is just because Heronia has to be punished for slandering another noble, of higher status than her, yes, enough to put her to the blade, hardly; if they did that then other lesser nobles could change allegiances and rebel, not soon but someday.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Also about the bullying @Doenyon this is just writing according to the times; if theese novels were written in like 1950-ish there would have been a lot more death and sexism :D

Dex-chan lover
@jak IIRC, the father didn't turn to the darkside because the mother didn't die. Might be mixing it up with another otome isekai though. They all have the same general plot line.

Users who are viewing this thread