Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

@pokefairy @AkaneApples
Yesssss exactly! I liked this chapter because it showed how different Cecil is by loving Bertia instead of just focusing on the heroine.
He's actually made friends, bonded with other people, had fun, experienced sadness, joy, frustration, anger, laughter. He's even gotten closer to his father.
He sort of has a life outside Bertia and he loves her very much too.

With the heroine there's none of that.
Just Monika,,..er I mean Just Heronia.

As a reminder this bird has brainwashing powers that it is currently using to create this alternate memory, and which likely would have had major impact even on the main timeline had it not been for Bertia's spirit having protective abilities. It's likely that much if not most of the emotions Cecil experiences in the game's storyline are a result of the bird's brainwashing.

Dex-chan lover
You can kind of suspect that Cecil knew what the bird was, but having managed to feel things for the first time willingly succumbed to those new emotions.

Kind of like a drug addict: they know it's not real and they are destroying themselves but what they feel when getting high is enough of a risk for them.

Thought this was a repeated chapter until the next few pages hits you. Can't wait for the next update!

so in the original he was completely tricked by the birds charm, what a sad little boy

edit: unless he's just going a long with the "toy" he found interesting, all while knowing the birds powers. If so it would be much more interesting

Dex-chan lover
I know some people aren't into these chapters, but when we get back to the story it's over, so it's just interesting to get these extra chapters showing us what would of happened in the original game.

I wonder if its ganna show that harem ending and acknowledge what Cicil said about it being completely ludicrous and was a sign that magic is involved. Would this story also extended form the games original end, like how in "Who made me a Princess" sometimes have these flashes that show that the original novel wasn't a truly happy ending, for more was happening in the story then people knew?

I remind you all that the next chapter, ch. 23, does not get posted in Japan until 2020.08.07. That's 2020.08.07 before it can even start to get translated and then posted in English.
Happy cliffhanger and patient waiting everyone.​

Users who are viewing this thread