Jitsu wa Imouto Deshita. ~Saikin de Kitagiri no Otouto no Kyorikan ga Yatara Chikaiwake~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Wow, mom is a cheater, I mean I guessed it but hearing it from his mouth and the fact he is the product of it sucks. I cannot imagine his feelings about his "dad" the one raising him. Better guy than me tbh, I don't think I could ever raise a child that wasn't mine. I wouldn't be able to seperate the betrayal from the kid.
It'd be hard for sure but I'm assuming the love he had for the kid before he found out probably overruled the disgust he felt
And then when his head cleared he felt even more that the kid is innocent so why should he suffer for his fucking hoe of a mom's mistakes
Gigachad indeed
I'd be sad too if I wasn't related by blood to such a benevolent man cause of the respect I felt for him 😢

As far as I remember it is called Bombay blood type. It is or at least used to be common in Mumbai, hence the name
No. What I mean is a rare genetic mutation called cis-AB.

While Bombay blood type is a rare blood type. The person with Bombay blood type cannot receive blood from anyone except people with Bombay blood type. However they can donate red blood cells to everyone (Not to be confused with O- type).

Dex-chan lover
Yes well Ryota’s mother is a bitch and Akira’s mother is an angel, I’m sure he just refused her child because he didn’t want a relationship with her. I’m sure at that time his relationship with Miyuki was already underway (considering Akira would be born ~1 year later) so even more of a reason to not deal with Ryota’s mother or her child.

With the heavy emphasis of Mendel’s Law and blood relations in this series, a twist like Ryota and Akira being half-siblings would honestly not surprise me. It would be
levels of bullshit, but it could happen!
They've only been dating for 2 years so that's not happening

Dex-chan lover
She's too cute! Who could ever resist such an adorable sister? I'm beginning to wonder if the dude is gay, being able to casually play off the advances of such an angel.
I hope the romance takes off soon. If not, I'll be disappointed.

Supporter
They've only been dating for 2 years so that's not happening
Ryota and Akira would be sharing the same father, not the same mother.

Assuming Taichi is in fact not Ryota’s biological father, it is possible he doesn’t actually know the identity of Ryota’s biological father, so it is completely possible (although in the real world it would be very coincidental) that Takeru (Akira’s father) could be the affair partner with Ryota’s mother, hence giving them the same father, and no one is the wiser.

Alternatively, Taichi could know that Takeru is Ryota’s biological father, and also know that Miyuki was once married to him. Each of their spouses cheated on them with the other’s spouse, and sometime in the aftermath they fall in love with each other - not impossible in the least. I think it is more believable, actually. Why they would hide this fact from Ryota and Akira once the marriage was decided… I’m not sure. Maybe to not bring pain to Ryota? (presumably Taichi does not know that Ryota figured out that he is not biologically his father). Maybe to stop Akira from hating the father she currently still loves?

In the flashback in chapter 2, during the fight Ryota sees between his parents, he looks young, but it isn’t clear how young he is. In chapter 3 it outright states Akira was 8yrs when the divorce happened. It’s possible Ryota was 9yrs old during this flashback, at least I think so. That would make the timing line up between the affair reveal and the subsequent divorces.

To top it all off, the way Akira’s father acted in their meetup was… suspicious. It gives me the feeling that he knows his actions blew up two families, and he is trying to distance himself from his kids because he knows how much he messed up and he doesn’t want to make it worse (plus all of the shame he must feel). He looks like Ryota as well, IMO.

Since the identity of Ryota’s real father is unknown (to us), it leaves open this possibility. Again, this is all just speculation. None of this could be what happened, it is just a fun little prediction!

Dex-chan lover

Assuming Taichi is in fact not Ryota’s biological father, it is possible he doesn’t actually know the identity of Ryota’s biological father, so it is completely possible (although in the real world it would be very coincidental) that Takeru (Akira’s father) could be the affair partner with Ryota’s mother, hence giving them the same father, and no one is the wiser.

Alternatively, Taichi could know that Takeru is Ryota’s biological father, and also know that Miyuki was once married to him. Each of their spouses cheated on them with the other’s spouse, and sometime in the aftermath they fall in love with each other - not impossible in the least. I think it is more believable, actually. Why they would hide this fact from Ryota and Akira once the marriage was decided… I’m not sure. Maybe to not bring pain to Ryota? (presumably Taichi does not know that Ryota figured out that he is not biologically his father). Maybe to stop Akira from hating the father she currently still loves?

In the flashback in chapter 2, during the fight Ryota sees between his parents, he looks young, but it isn’t clear how young he is. In chapter 3 it outright states Akira was 8yrs when the divorce happened. It’s possible Ryota was 9yrs old during this flashback, at least I think so. That would make the timing line up between the affair reveal and the subsequent divorces.

To top it all off, the way Akira’s father acted in their meetup was… suspicious. It gives me the feeling that he knows his actions blew up two families, and he is trying to distance himself from his kids because he knows how much he messed up and he doesn’t want to make it worse (plus all of the shame he must feel). He looks like Ryota as well, IMO.

Since the identity of Ryota’s real father is unknown (to us), it leaves open this possibility. Again, this is all just speculation. None of this could be what happened, it is just a fun little prediction!
It would be an interesting reversal of the "oh you're actually adopted so it's okay now" cliche.

Dex-chan lover
I study genetic biology and it's actually possible for parents with AB to have a children with O due to extremely rare mutation in ABO gene (called cis-AB) but...
  • It's only observed in certain Asian groups (Korean and Japanese).
  • For Korean it's 0.03%; for Japanese it's 0,001% (google).
  • For his blood to be O. One of his parent much have this mutation. In this case it's his dad 'cause his blood is AB (people have this mutation are AB) and his mother is O.
So for the MC there is a tiny chance that he's still his dad's son. For the guy in the comment... How do we tell him?
No need to tell me, I'm going to ask my parents when I got home
Imagine uncovering a family secret because of a manga

Dex-chan lover
Ok, all that stuff of NTR, blood types and waht not are very complicated so I'll just say that Akira keeps getting sweeter.

Power Uploader
I am not in an exactly similar situation as Ryota but more like somewhat similar. Though Akira's words were a bit generic, god damn

just make her pregnant already. She's not even blood-related which makes it even better, plus you have consent. Just fucking PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP already

Dex-chan lover

I'm not sure I agree with all that but at the same time those are all plausible so all that's been mentally noted. Appreciate your thoughts. 🤙

Dex-chan lover
Considering how much of a doting father Akira's father is towards her(and how she reciprocated in it). I honestly don't think there's gonna be a surprise reveal of him being MC's real father... Don't get me wrong I know it'd be an interesting reveal but it doesn't feel plausible to me.

Dex-chan lover
Yes well Ryota’s mother is a bitch and Akira’s mother is an angel, I’m sure he just refused her child because he didn’t want a relationship with her. I’m sure at that time his relationship with Miyuki was already underway (considering Akira would be born ~1 year later) so even more of a reason to not deal with Ryota’s mother or her child.

With the heavy emphasis of Mendel’s Law and blood relations in this series, a twist like Ryota and Akira being half-siblings would honestly not surprise me. It would be
levels of bullshit, but it could happen!
oh god pls no, not that series. I thought i was rid of it way back when. It started out fine, even fantastic, but then turned to complete dog shit

Users who are viewing this thread