Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Vol. 11 Ch. 77 - The Attacker

Dex-chan lover
Wait. No. Just no. Something is horribly wrong with the power scales here.
Let's sum it up...

This new majin is a stronger combattant than the girl here.
The girl which was shown to have a power scale in the 4 digits due to being evaluated at 003/006. (Three digits only, as a reminder, and leading zeroes are actually significant.)

But both of them are overwhelmed by Haruto despite him being at the very bottom of the 4-digit tier. (Not overwhelmed as much as the humans he faced to this day but still not enough to make Haruto fight seriously.)
And they are presumably weaker than a demon lord, and the previous one was beaten by "Lightning princess" who doesn't even reach 3-digits, not even close. (Though I suspect that, even before her defeat, Iris was on the weaker side for a demon lord. And she possibly didn't even try too hard.)

For reference, human-Iris just jumped noticeably with a change of less than 20 levels, going from being one-sidedly beaten by Raius to beating him one-sidedly.

So...

Err... I can only assume that the author (or the TL team) made a mistake with the evaluation of the girl's power three chapters ago. (Right here. Maybe the leading zeroes were not intended and 3/6 properly reflects her power in her current state.) Either that, or power levels are meaningless and we can just ignore them any time they are mentioned going forward.

Or the author sneakily added a fifth digit to Haruto's, which would be just insane. In the bad sense of the word.

Dex-chan lover
Wait. No. Just no. Something is horribly wrong with the power scales here.
Let's sum it up...

This new majin is a stronger combattant than the girl here.
The girl which was shown to have a power scale in the 4 digits due to being evaluated at 003/006. (Three digits only, as a reminder, and leading zeroes are actually significant.)

But both of them are overwhelmed by Haruto despite him being at the very bottom of the 4-digit tier. (Not overwhelmed as much as the humans he faced to this day but still not enough to make Haruto fight seriously.)
And they are presumably weaker than a demon lord, and the previous one was beaten by "Lightning princess" who doesn't even reach 3-digits, not even close. (Though I suspect that, even before her defeat, Iris was on the weaker side for a demon lord. And she possibly didn't even try too hard.)

For reference, human-Iris just jumped noticeably with a change of less than 20 levels, going from being one-sidedly beaten by Raius to beating him one-sidedly.

So...

Err... I can only assume that the author (or the TL team) made a mistake with the evaluation of the girl's power three chapters ago. (Right here. Maybe the leading zeroes were not intended and 3/6 properly reflects her power in her current state.) Either that, or power levels are meaningless and we can just ignore them any time they are mentioned going forward.

Or the author sneakily added a fifth digit to Haruto's, which would be just insane. In the bad sense of the word.
Remember that tier was from newborn Haruto. We have not had a look at his real stats since then.

Dex-chan lover
Remember that tier was from newborn Haruto. We have not had a look at his real stats since then.
I didn't forget, but the second number is the potential. Haruto was born maxed out, so unless they change the concept entirely, he has no room to grow stronger with training. He can get more creative with his power, but the raw strength of his magic is set.
That is, except for a radical nature change, like humans becoming majin or something similar.

Also, we had a look at his stats since then. The last three digits at least: it would be pretty strange if he grew up in exact multiples of one thousand, but I'll grant you that this kind of contrivance can occur. He has been at 002/002 since birth, and the goddess said that his power is 1002, which is the minimal number for x002 that is not just 2.

Also, from birth, he was already far stronger than one of the former main subordinate to the previous demon lord. So Frey should place pretty high in the rankings too. I keep thinking that the number displayed for the majin girl was either wrong (should have been 3/6, or some error display if the author wanted to keep it under wraps but actually figures in the hundreds.) If she's really in the thousands, the whole setup becomes broken, either in her power level, or Haruto's... and by extension the whole concept of "max potential". If the author breaks their own setup, even more so if they did by mistake, I'll feel pretty annoyed. Nothing spoils a story for me as much as a broken setup.

Dex-chan lover
People were just assuming there was a 4th digit.

This is the maid-demon he chased off easily before so she's not going to have been hiding that much power. She was afraid of the new guy, the most offensively powerful majin if we believe him, and he only landed some scratches due to surprise speed so Haruto is still way above them.

If she was in hiding in that dungeon, likely from this new guy for her failure to destroy the capital, she may have used magic to change her appearance and disguise her values so as far as anyone can read, she is just 3/6. Or she was taken to the dungeon and some outside force drained her so even her max level has dropped and she's de-aged as part of it. Maybe those trying to revive the demon lord are based there and drain those who fail.

Group Leader
How rude. He's not a monster. He's the Devil.
ZDrtG1I.gif

Dex-chan lover
People were just assuming there was a 4th digit.

This is the maid-demon he chased off easily before so she's not going to have been hiding that much power. She was afraid of the new guy, the most offensively powerful majin if we believe him, and he only landed some scratches due to surprise speed so Haruto is still way above them.

If she was in hiding in that dungeon, likely from this new guy for her failure to destroy the capital, she may have used magic to change her appearance and disguise her values so as far as anyone can read, she is just 3/6. Or she was taken to the dungeon and some outside force drained her so even her max level has dropped and she's de-aged as part of it. Maybe those trying to revive the demon lord are based there and drain those who fail.
The assumption was made based on the two leading zeroes.
In other cases, for example when measuring Iris, he gets "22", not "022".
The only case so far with leading zeroes is himself because he actually has more significant digits that not on display. (Well, one more.)

So I can accept a mistake, be it from the author or TL team.
If that's not a mistake and the "003" is actually a value over 1000, it will be a problem.

I also mentioned another possibility, which is the display erroring out because the value is a bug (possibly due to her actual power being sealed under this child form), in which case I'd be ok, but I think a different display would have been preferable. (e.g broken value with letters and symbols, or a (?) symbol after the value.) As it is, it's giving the exact same display anomaly as his own value.

Dex-chan lover
The guys talking about the 4th digit are forgetting one thing. While is true Mercumenes was shown 003/006 doesn't imply that she is 1003/1006 or even higher, it can be perfectly 0003/1006. We can't see for now but if is that means she got super weak due the big injury Haruto did to her but the potential is still there to grow.

In Haruto case was 1002/1002 from beginning, he was born with the full potential done. So no wonder those monsters don't have a chance against him... they didn't reach max level yet to be on par with him.
Looks like Mercumenes got the protection from Haruto now this means she will join Char Round Table for sure! :meguupog:

Double-page supporter
we are all forgetting that Haruto is using ancient magic, on top of having high stats. I suspect those demons magic, is not as cost effective as the stuff he uses. As a result, he ends up looking higher level than he is.

That in mind; I suspect, the Demon lord at full power, might be the only being capable of fighting Haruto.

Dex-chan lover
"gezzzz bugs nowdays really annoying, okay now let's continue my business with char"

Dex-chan lover
The guys talking about the 4th digit are forgetting one thing. While is true Mercumenes was shown 003/006 doesn't imply that she is 1003/1006 or even higher, it can be perfectly 0003/1006.
If there is any consistency with previous displays, this would read as 3/006.

we are all forgetting that Haruto is using ancient magic, on top of having high stats. I suspect those demons magic, is not as cost effective as the stuff he uses. As a result, he ends up looking higher level than he is.
It's the opposite: element magic is more cost-effective. Ancient magic is extremely costly.
This has been mentioned before.

Users who are viewing this thread