Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - The Blizzard Dragon

Dex-chan lover
Disinfectant is good but it’s better to avoid shaking hands completely. I’d recommend elbow bumps as an alternative

Dex-chan lover
I'm not surprised he can even heal now with his barrier bs skill...

Double-page supporter
that last page, I should've tried it on my Japanese teacher back then XD

Dex-chan lover
going outside for small lengths of time will help with sleep as your body uses the vitamins from sunlight when sleeping.

Dex-chan lover
@LittleBuster1

edit: Side note: Memes are used because they literally archive all the shit that's been going on and mods can't delete those without further feeding the fire.

Animeme lurker here, the T word ruling isn't the only issue right now, there's also mod power abuse.

For context the ruling literally came out of nowhere which angered those who felt the ban was unwarranted among other things. What would probably have been a small fire had gasoline poured onto it when one moderator member made this comment:

8n576468r4h51.jpg

Context: this meme was made days after the comment, the sub has lost approximately 70k-100k members since then.

A mod PSA was shortly released afterwards with plans going forward listing a bunch of future changes, notably getting community feedback, it would later be deleted(?) burried and the rules secretly modified.

833dcpsjdjg51.png

Not helping is the next and latest PSA titled "Misconception Clarification" for which I'll spare anyone the details and leave this here (btw, at the time of this writing auto mod is removing coments including links to other subreddit):

25e89pfuxrg51.jpg

The latest piece of combustible thrown into the raging inferno comes from an interview with SrGrafo, a rather well known artist in the reddit community.

https://youtu.be/JAFD-Gj_rqw (57:00)

Sauces:
u/AnimemeMod: Ground zero, the post that started it all: https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/i2mn3g/rule_5_update_as_of_today_the_word_trap_is_now/?

u/gaffer88 "Regarding Community Feedback": https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/i5tmsb/regarding_community_feedback/?

u/AnimemesMod "Misconception Clarification": https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/i8oj30/misconceptions_clarification/

Contributor
@LittleBuster1

or maybe within the anime community Trap isnt associated by its original context of someone trying to commit an act of sexual assault and its now more closely related to otokonokos origin with its use. Dont be intellectually dishonest fam its not being used to wholesale attack marginalized groups.

The basic concept is still there, though - a person thinks someone is a girl when they’re actually a guy. It’s like if a gardening group used the term “f*ggot” to refer to a bundle of sticks. Sure, they don’t mean to refer to the other term, but if that’s the case why not just use “bundle of sticks” instead?

Yes, I get that there are some people who don’t use it as a joke. But there are others who do, and they use this plausible deniability as a mask for their actions. “Oh man all trans people are intentionally hiding their gender so I can get mad when I find out. Haha I was kidding it’s only okay when it’s an anime character and they look cute.”

Plus, when the top moderator says stuff like this, it’s hard to say that it’s all just fun and games.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy

An alternative to trap is literally "femboy" I shit you not.

You can say bear trap, mouse trap, etc. Just don't refer to people or characters. Just say "femboy" or "crossdresser" instead when talking about characters like Astolfo or Hideri.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/i8oj30/misconceptions_clarification/

Dex-chan lover
Char's sad expressions.... It directly cause heartache on me...
She usually in a cheery mood, this time is is suddenly in a sad mood...
Char's request to MC, i hope something fruitful will be born out of saving that dragon..
I prefer having a Darkness (Kono-suba) like character if that dragon can transform into human shape...

@EOTFOFYL
Except Femboi is arguably worse as a descriptor because its basically stating when used against as trans individual that they are still "male" even while passing.

@xyzzy
But that isnt the concept? Look up the origin of otokonoko or look at literally any character referred to as a "trap" and present me a character referred to as a trap that participates in the actions concerning sexual assault as per the the description the trans community feels attacked by. I can guarantee you that there isnt a single popular character described as a trap that fits the nomenclature you describe. Also it wasnt provided in any threads in the animemes sub but can you point me to examples of people from the community using "trap" in an explicitly demeaning manor directed at the trans community? From the descriptions the mods gave it was trans members of the community entering the animemes community and thus becoming upset because of the common use undirected at them but used to decribe common characters already associated.

As per your mods example he should be removed as a mod and banned off reddit but this wouldnt be an issue if mods on animemes didnt act in such kneejerk manner without community input. I mean isnt this what you want anyway, 150k+ hateful people left animemes to go make their own sub so you dont deal with them anymore? I dont know man, it just feels real dumb to ban trap in its entirety and not to mod it on a case by case basis.

Users who are viewing this thread