Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - What Char Wants To Do

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

He wont be able to leave the school...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
I've read web novels where the only thing to happen in a chapter is a guy getting out of a carriage and walking to a door (good guess if you thought Chinese).

This somehow has less happening, but still came out better. I suppose having a bit of back and forth development is just that useful for a story.
Youre joking right? Thats so boring

Aggregator gang
TBF it’s a school where you learn magic. If my school was like that you can bet your bottom dollar I and a multitude of other people would be excited to go there
i doubt it actually. lots of people just don't want to be forced to go to a place to be told what to do

Dex-chan lover
it might be too late to say this, but.. 11 years old? i thought she was younger. 😅

Fed-Kun's army
Early chapters are over 20 pages long, current ones only around 10 pages each.

Dex-chan lover
i doubt it actually. lots of people just don't want to be forced to go to a place to be told what to do
and lots of people would be fine with that if they get to learn magic in exchange. if you had to choose between

going to a regular school
vs
going to a school of magic

I'd bet 9 times out of ten people would choose to go to the school of magic

Dex-chan lover
Youre joking right? Thats so boring
I wish. I can't remember the name, but I know I've read some of Dragon Marked War God.

The same genre at the very least. I remember it was the main character was given a house in some capital, and he spends all his time meditating in the garden, doing inner monologues. I think it took three chapters or so for him to stop meditating and greet the high ranking guest.

Needless to say, I stopped reading it. Bored out of my mind. They get paid per word afterall, so padding gets crazy.

Dex-chan lover
Youre joking right?
I'm current on the WN, and no, it's not like as he says.
The story is simply not told in the same manner as the initial "action" sequence shown in the manga to hook readers.

Read it as if -- by now -- Haruto is OP, knows what he has to do and shouldn't, and has power to spare.

This WN isn't a shonen battle MC: where there's chapters about how he "dynamically runs around the battlefield".
This WN is told more of an OP screwball MC: trying to ensure his family is safe, and pamper his sister, while being lazy.

Haruto is not "happy go lucky and things miraculously go his way" lazy. (I hate that trope by the way.)
Haruto is rather "figured how to use powers in weird ways, still trying to figure other stuff out, but is diligent at it".

And complains a lot about annoying work or intrigue -- while admiring how cute his "sister" [Char] is.
(Although technically his half-sister is the Princess. Who he also tries to do good by.)
  • "Oh, there's a shady dude over there... let's just [transfer] him out of the way before Char sees him and gets scared."
  • "Crap, this administrator is a pain, and is trying to force me in a 4-man horse team for politics. I need to rig this Sorting Hat."
All this, with the undercurrent of him being aware of the Queen needing to go. And Char being the best replacement.
Or that there are demons, like that one time running around, and he needs to watch out. But doesn't know what their goal is.

So enjoy these laid-back chapters, since this is what the WN is like in actuality.
(The "action" chapters are the ones more told from other characters' POV about how "dastardly clever" Shiva is.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread