JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - No Endless Rain Lasts Forever

@Reiito I would like to argue that the only person who actually sees her as a person would be Sumo. I don't think Chiba doesn't really see her as a person, he sees her as a character. Ever since coming into this world he compares everything as a generic isekai manga, and since she transmigrated with him, looks like one of his favorite characters, and most probably one of his creepy crushes (even though she has a bf) he dubbed her as the "female lead". Meanwhile, we know Haru doesn't view this world as that of a manga, she views this as real life, and the fact that his head is stuck inside this (at least to an outsider's POV) "otaku" day dream with him being the "hero" would you really blame her? He doesn't really try to improve on himself other than his fantasy of being the #1 Adventurer and (again not seeing her as a person) when it comes to sex he doesn't try to please her at all, it's already pointed out that he uses her as his "masturbating tool."
Also I find it extremely creepy that he calls him her slave. You said it's because this world calls maids like that but 1) I don't think that's true, that's just how he interprets maids as and 2) He was born and raised in modern Japan. If you meet someone of your sexual orientation in the real world (which I know this is a fantasy manga but to Haru it isn't for her) and they keep calling you their slave wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?
But eh, each our own I guess...

@JustStrollingBy Fair point ... But she was also a bitch to Sumo at first. When she thinked to herself something like "If you don't have money to buy me, don't loose my time" What's with that bitch attitude ?
She is bad herself to begin with. The reason why he didn't want to buy her was because he saw her as a person, and you said it yourself too. But she still complained about mans only seeing her as "an object". When that was clearly not the case for all.

And i still stand to my point of her being an hypocrite. As you didn't prove me wrong on that one. You can't deny the fact that she blamed Chiba for putting her in danger, when she is the one that went to look for him ... How is he accountable for her own action ? She is an hypocrite, that can't be denied from what she did. On top of that she blame him for defending himself when she sent someone to kill him ... Like the fuck is this ?

@Reiito I think the reason she acted that way to Sumo at first is because he approached her at her job. It's like going to the coffee shop to make small talk with the cute barista (who wants more customers to elevate her sales) but refuse to get a coffee (the opposite). Although I don't blame Sumo in his (note, innocent) puppy love, to the MC's eyes when she first saw him she would of course think that he's either a new customer to make money (her goal is to get to the top #3 after all) or someone who'll distract her from her job. Keep in mind that she's a prostitute and the only way for her to make a living is to attract men who would actually buy her and not someone she knows won't buy her. Although these men are what keeps her afloat financially, it doesn't mean she likes being objectified, and it was never specified that she complains about men during her time with Sumo (I honestly doubt this. She's pretty smart and ambitious so I don't think she'll complain about men when said men are literally in the same room as them.) Like, say a lonely girl has this group of friends, but the only reason why they keep her around is for her to do their homework. She would do their homework because she doesn't want to be lonely but wouldn't feel all that good with being used as a tool for them. These scenarios are different but share the same core. They do the work given to them to achieve a necessity (for Haru it's for making a living and the girl for companionship) but even still they won't describe it as something they like. Of course, like in one of the more recent chapters, there are exceptions like the smith uncle, but in a brothel (where Haru lives and works) most men she interacts with are here for a common objective: to buy girls as sex toys. That is what prostitution is in a nutshell. People who would buy others for intercourse.

Also about the "putting her in danger" bit the only reason I didn't refute that is because I didn't understand the statement. I honestly believe there is a difference in "going to a place" and "making a scene." Haru went to the arena to check it out, but in end it was Chiba who made the scene. He could have said that they were just friends but instead he said that they were lovers (which they are not. Just because you bought her does not mean she is your girlfriend.) and made a "lover's quarrel." Now, I have never been in a relationship but 1) I am pretty sure that if you have a disagreement with your lover (or anyone of that matter) it should be privately with only the members involved present and 2) He was loud. Extremely loud. Dramatically loud. I'm pretty sure he knows he has enemies in the arena, or at the very least rivals who sees him as a threat so why would he subject his "girlfriend" to their wrath? If he kept quiet and talked with Haru privately no one would suspect of their "relationship" and she wouldn't have to fear walking in the street for the chances of rape (if you will say that she is a prostitute and she's used to it please remember that at least when she works she can prepare herself. With being raped in the streets you will not be able to prepare herself mentally nor physically and it would be much more painful. Like a more complex version of "girls are ok with showing their bikini but not ok with showing their underwear") Also, yeah, Chiba absolutely has the right to defend himself but is it to the point of nearly killing a man? I acknowledge that Haru should have known better for saying something like "Hurry up and kill that dummy Crimsooon~!" and she acknowledge right after that what she said was in the wrong (especially to the type of man this fighter was). (Side note, the manga also mentioned that the lip service she used was to defend herself, but still she should have avoided that sentence). The man took that thing literally and was planning to murder Chiba (which is uncool) but his method of "defending" himself was not to knock him down or leave him unconscious (which I'm pretty much sure he can do) but to beat him near to death (which is also uncool). Even if he was angry that does not exclude the fact that he himself nearly killed a man. If you see the person who claims to be your partner drenched in another person's blood, wouldn't you freak out as well? Would you still want to keep someone like that around you and say "Thank you, master! Thank you for saving me from the problem we could have avoided~!" But anyways, like I said, each our own I suppose. Hope you have a good night.

Edit cause I jUST REMEMBERED THAT CHIBA WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD HARU TO WATCH HIM IN THE ARENA IN THE FIRST PLACE

@JustStrollingBy

"If you see the person who claims to be your partner drenched in another person's blood, wouldn't you freak out as well?" Freak out ? Why ? Because he defended himeself ?
If you kill another man that tried to KILL you just defended yourself and there is absolutely nothing to be freaked about ... Especially in the world they live in.

And your argument of "he put her in danger because they made a scene" don't make any sense either ... The guy didn't hear them to begin with as he asked her while sleeping with her "You are his women, right ?" So he literally asumed she was his girlfriend, just because he saw her with him. So even if he didn't made any ruckus, as soon as she was beside him she was in danger. And that's not his fault, that's her fault for going there to begin with.

@Reiito This will probably be my last reply since I don't really like to argue much online, although arguably I may have started it since I commented on your post first. When I wrote the first sentence I was talking about an outside perspective, not an inside perspective. Yes, you should defend yourself, but to the length of killing another? That is based on one's values tbh. If the killer tried to kill you, but then you try to kill them as an act of defense, then the killer can twist the scenario to which they killed you for their defense. Even if the killer started it, it will be hypocritical of you if you say that it wasn't right if they killed you for their defense when you tried to kill them for your defense. It's all a matter of perspective and can become a headache if you think too long. Also, imagine you're going to school but then you see someone drenched in blood that you know is not their own (you are not that person, you are you who is witnessing it. Forget about Chiba, forget about Haru, you are you). Would you a) Freak out and run the opposite direction b) Call an ambulance/police or c) Congratulate them for surviving and killing that man. Also you should stop with the "because its the world they're in" excuse. No. They've been in that world for at most a year and lived and grew up in modern Japan for the majority of their lives. Someone's values, especially rooted culturally since children, will not flip just because they're in another place.
Also the place where the ruckus was held a distance from the place where they sat, so it means the location was changed in that few seconds. No one would have noticed that they were together if Chiba hadn't made a scene. The fighter could have asked and heard the rumors from others when Chiba exclaimed that she shouldn't be jealous (if you heard it as an outsider you would think they're a couple, too). In fact, there would have been no rumors if Chiba didn't do that so publicly (the surrounding people's attention shifted to the two after hearing the clamor from Chiba). The reason why he asked Haru is because he wanted to confirm it. Like if you heard from your friend that another friend has your notebook wouldn't you ask your friend for confirmation? Also your statement very much has the same vibe as "He wouldn't have COVID if he didn't go to the supermarket earlier" or "She wouldn't have been r*ped if she didn't wear such "revealing" clothes." if you agree with those two sentences I can no longer say "each our own" since that is morally disgusting. Have a good day.

@JustStrollingBy
Ok now you are twisting the context to support your narrative ...

"Yes, you should defend yourself, but to the length of killing another? That is based on one's values tbh. If the killer tried to kill you, but then you try to kill them as an act of defense, then the killer can twist the scenario to which they killed you for their defense. "
-> It's called self defense ... A killer can't twist the scenario because that's why "investigations" exist. And in the world they live in, if investigations don't exist, then there is no reason for the killer to even act like he did defended himself.

"Even if the killer started it, it will be hypocritical of you if you say that it wasn't right if they killed you for their defense when you tried to kill them for your defense"
It won't be hypocritical, because the truth is that they never intented to kill you for their defense... They just wanted to kill you. On one side you have a plain murder, on the other you have a self-defense that ended up in killing the murderer... So you have every right to complain about their attack, because it was never a self defence to begin with ...

And no i won't stop with the "because its the world they're in" excuse, because that's not an excuse that's the simple truth ... They don't live in japan anymore, japan rules don't apply there. If you want to survive in this place you have to live by following the rules of this place, and guess what ? That's exactly what Haru is doing right now.
So you agreed on Haru following the rules of this place to survive, but right after, you are saying that Chiba should not follow the rule of this place... THIS is what i call hypocritical. You are really biased against chiba and it shows ...
Also
Would you a) Freak out and run the opposite direction b) Call an ambulance/police or c) Congratulate them for surviving and killing that man.
Neither of your options, if someone i care for or that i am close with, come with the blood of someone else, i'll ask "WTF happend ? Where all this blood come from ? Are you ok ?" And if he respond by "I killed a man trying to defend myself", first i'll tell him to go to the police, if he say's the truth, he'll go, because self defense is OK. Then after i learned more information on what happend, i'll say "It's not your fault, you defended yourself".
And in the case of Haru, she knows that it was the truth, she have no excuse to do the "affraid" card, like you make it sound. Because she knew that the self defense was legit and not a lie. She literally have no reason to ran away with fears ... Also, he didn't just do that for pleasure, he did that to be sure, that the fighter don't put anyone around Chiba in danger ever again. He knew that if he let him go without great injury, he'll come back for revenge on Chiba or anyone close to him. So he did the only reasonable thing. Especially in the world he live in.

The reason why he asked Haru is because he wanted to confirm it
Nice bullshit dude ... Yeah asking .... That's why no matter her response he kept saying "stop lying to me" ... What's the point in asking to "verify" something, if you refuse every fucking anwser. He never meant to know the truth, he just wanted to fuck her and hurt her, because he wanted to take revenge on Chiba and he started that, by hurting someone "close" to Chiba. No matter her anwser, his mind was already made the moment he saw her. So your argument of "He wanted to confirm" is plain bullshit.

@Rozzak My point is just to show that Main character is just as bad ... And have no right to judge him ... Look like you didn't get my comment either ...

Dex-chan lover
@Reiito
She can judge him however she likes, its not like she's been presented as some paragon of morality. But the dude coulda taken a shower first even... if I stabbed a dude on my way to meeting some chick at a restaurant I'd text her and be like "gonna be a lil late"

@Rozzak No she can't judge him ... she is the one that sent him to kill him ... He is a victim here ... She is as bad as he is ... She is the one that is guilty here, how can she have the nerve to judge the person she just tried to kill ...

"its not like she's been presented as some paragon of morality" And that's exactly the reason why i said she is just as bad as he is ... You repeated my point ... Congrats

Damn... This comments thread is full of incels who hate real women huh.

BTW Haru is great she still has the guts to keep living in this shitty Isekai world after all the rape and degrading shit she's been trough wow!

Dex-chan lover
Understanding Why Chiba Is a Disgusting Piece of Shit in One Easy Lesson:

Haru:
I'm just mad 'cause you're treating me like your girlfriend.
Chiba: You're right, sorry. Once you formally become my slave, we won't be equals anymore. But I'm not the type to care about petty details like that. It's fine if you show me your true self once in a while. [emphasis mine]

She gave him the perfect setup to address her as a real human being, as a friend -- and potentially a girlfriend or lover. But the fucker couldn't even see that as an option. All Chiba sees in Haru is the chance to convert her into his first in-game harem capture: a maid slave. It's incredibly degrading and all the more so because they used to be actual friends.

"Don't worry, babe. Once I own you, you'll be allowed to express your actual feelings once in a while?"

What the actual, skin-crawling fuck!?!

Dex-chan lover
what does she even mean with its chiba's fault when its literally her fault? delusional

Users who are viewing this thread