JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Operation Nyan Nyan

Group Leader
@Hollow7F
She actually has them already-- she learns of it with her first customer, which chronologically takes place before the first chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@duylinh

She's just commenting on how Chiba is always saying that he'll protect her and whatnot but when she actually could use his help he's never there. It shows how Chiba is full of shit. But it's not like she "yearns" for him like you said. She actually doesn't even need his help.
She just bears with this shit to avoid making a scene in the place, but she could easily kill the guy if she wanted to.

>hiding the fact she was isekai'd when it was as good as revealed
bleh

Dex-chan lover
Dammit, these spoilers have got me curious. Is the NOVEL worth dishing out to buy digitally?

Edit: Bought it. Unbearable at first, but it gets good when everything ties together. And boy, do I mean everything.

@Talismaster I buy the novel from J-novel club And the story is a solid 8/10
She deepthroated him in the middle of the salon and almost get raped but Sumo to the rescue !

Group Leader
There's also a second volume of side stories that adds a fair bit to the other girls (particularly Lupe and Kiyori) and really fleshes out Chiba. And you finally get to meet the top girl at the Blue Cat Nocturne (who, as I recall, doesn't even get a name in the main story).

Fed-Kun's army
@TWAIN

hey dude, you might not believe it but I'm actually from the world of what's so-called "fantasy" here. We all had magic and as males we could fuck whatever girls we want. Sadly I died from cumming so much so I came to this horrible world called "Earth"

no shit this actually has manga i swear to fcking god if this gets an anime adaption front page on reddit for sure

Contributor
Isekai whore is pretty depressing but I can't help but root for her.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting to see the 2 points of view here. One being that Chiba is worthless because he isn't actually there for her even when he says he will be. While the other is that look now, she wants his help when she mouthed off internally before.

I think both points of view are semi-correct. Chiba could probably do more that isn't just within his realm of convenience. That being said, asking him be here now (and always) to protect her ass when she's the one who insists on working there no matter what is pretty unrealistic...he's not just famous and successful because he's got cheat skills, he actually does go out and get things done. He could be moping at home or at the tavern, and what would that make him? Way worse than what she currently thinks of him.

Which brings me to her side of things....there's certainly sympathy to be had for her. She got thrown into a world with strong cultural misogyny, and supposedly without cheat skills. She lacks the upbringing and therefore any trade skills that could be relevant in this world.....except the one thing women have always been able to do for a job over the ages. That being said....I'm starting to think her point of view is pretty skewed. Chiba is not as bad as he seems. Her customers aren't as vacant as she would believe them to be. And her small world view is....pretty small. I'm going to take a guess she actually has some hidden skill (no, I didn't read any spoilers) but she perhaps didn't realize because she was too quick to assume "oh no, I came to such a world, it's such a pain, I have no choice". The irony is that even though it's easy to look at her as a "strong independent woman", you only have to look at the other women around her, both those who are prostitutes and those not like the priest, to realize how much she doesn't measure up as much as she thinks she does.

Double-page supporter
It's honestly pretty laughable to read people gloating about how the narrative supposed lot punishes Haru for not being nice to Chiba and how she totally deserves it, despite this being a second chapter in a row that explains how he's a piece of shit.

Let's spell out some facts about Chiba:
- He's convinced that him and Haru getting isekai'd together means he is her destiny and assumes everything she does is about him.
- He genuinely thinks that her brightest future is that of a sex slave.
- He interprets everything she says as something she wants to hear, even when she straight up tells him she meant something completely different.
- He's exploitative and abusive toward his arena opponents. Much like Haru points out in this chapter, he genuinely enjoys watching them suffer because he projects his past as a bullied nerd onto them.

Furthermore, his insistence and open advertising that Haru is his lover has caused her numerous problems.
- Last chapter, it resulted in her being visited by his previous arena opponent who practically raped her.
- In this chapter, it resulted in her being visited by a priest who wants to join Chiba's party, and assumed that she needs to have Haru's explicit permission to do so. He both gave up Haru's location without her permission and created a misunderstanding that causes her and Kiyori's relationship to start off antagonistic, therefore betraying her trust and privacy.

The reason why she's thinking of him on the last page isn't because she actually relies on him. It's because the one time his cocksure dickhead attitude could have helped her any is the time he's nowhere to be found.

She's not afraid and hoping to be saved. In the first place, she already had a potential save from Lupe and refused. She's just sarcastically commenting on how utterly useless Chiba is.

Dex-chan lover
@DLRevan

You're misunderstanding. Haru actually doesn't want Chiba's help. Her comment about Chiba is not so much an "I wish he would appear to rescue me" but more like "see, you talk so much about protecting me but you're never here when it counts. I'm right about you. You're worthless." She's not hoping he would appear. She's just commenting on how useless he is.

In any case, all of your assumptions about Haru are pretty much wrong. And Chiba is worse than you think.

Srsly, Chiba is so obnoxious, misinterpreting things and hearing only what he wants. Just bec he's a lil bit OP
yes, only a little bit when you find out about Haru's cheat skill
everything got to his head.
On the other hand, Haru is too uncaring probably bec she's one of the "cool" kids and not an otaku or idk. However, this world is too misogynistic
i remember what happens to the priestess afterwards and also that singer friend of Haru
and if Haru cared a lot it would probably be too bothersome.

@APSINTHOS
Just read on. If you like spoilers read the comments lol

@martinren123
Same thoughts hihi 😂😂😂

@Necha
But Chiba got her a lot of trouble. That dude that almost raped her(?) bec he lost to Chiba in the arena and that acolyte/priestess/healer. If I was her I'd have punched Chiba already 🤦‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread