JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Operation Nyan Nyan

Aight, I'm pretty sure I've read much spoiler to where this is going and why MC actually does what she does.

IDK. Haru doesn't want Chiba around her when he's not buying her, but when push comes to shove, suddenly she bitches about needing him or being possessive over him when other girls suddenly fall for him. TBH, it would probably be better to link up with Chiba and dominate him through Haru's tough stance. I'm sure she could tame him without being a 24/7 maid cum dump.

Dex-chan lover
This world's men are men of culture.

Page 11: When you nut but she keeps sucking.

It might look like Haru is a stuck up selfish bitch for wanting Chiba to be here but I think that reaction was pretty normal. I believe Haru wants Chiba as an acquaintance or a friend and not the kinda shit Chiba pulls off because in this world they are the only one who know eachother and if Chiba was a lil mature about the entire situation, they could have been good friends but noooooo!. He has to ruin it for everybody.

And the next chapter is definitely going to be bad, but I am curious to how she adapts to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Wakaijisan
Uhh, where was she ever being possessive over him other than needing him as a source of income? She genuinely finds his existence to be revolting. Answer me this one. Especially since he only sees her as an easy fuck, and a "route" to be conquered. Especially since his genuine answer to all her problems is that "she should become his slave".

Chiba is mostly a source of trouble and annoyance for her, and in this one instance she needed a guy to act as a knight in shining armor to help her in a situation she couldn't escape from, he's not here, even if it's her fault for driving him away scenes prior. In just what we know from the manga, Haru's got a very good read of Chiba's personality, and he's the kind of person to put out little effort, and feel entitled.

And while she's not an exemplar paladin herself, her complaints hold almost no weight, in multiple ways. She's resolved herself for what comes next, for the sake of her friend. She's just whining at this point, like a kid grumbling in annoyance in response to being told to get off the internet and finish their homework. She doesn't actually want him to come to her rescue because he'd make the situation worse. Violently killing this dude could make the brothel go out of business. And if it goes out of business... What? Everyone becomes jobless and homeless, or slaves.

And let's be honest. Even if we could tame him by his dick, who here would have the patience to actually do it? The change would never be immediate. I know women stereotypically want to fix an asshole in their fantasies, but dudes like Chiba...?

@SamDragneel
Honestly? I agree with you. The cheat skills have gotten to his head.

Dex-chan lover
Blacksmith Guy cute guy :>
Nya~~ Nya~~

----

Only thing Chiba is good at is that he has money, skills and strength.. but his attitude and personality is a flip.. he's only kind but he's annoying as fuck.

She only sees Chiba as a friend, but this doesn't spell the same from him, he wants to 'own' her which isn't what she wants, but he has the abilities to at the least protect her. It's not an equal preposition that he's trying to offer.

He's cocky as fuck, annoying and obsessive.

It may seem bad of her to request help from him but I'm pretty sure anyone on her shoes would be the same.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun Pretty sure that's exactly what I just said. She's making an unreasonable remark about Chiba in her head to further justify her own disgust for him. Even at best, she does it because why not shit-talk Chiba in a situation he is totally not involved in?

I think you also misunderstood everything I said. I'm saying Chiba is human, Haru is human, all of them are. They are making the shitty decisions almost all humans do when thrust into such a situation, whether its getting a boon (Chiba) or the stick (Haru). If you didn't notice, I'm not actually "rooting" for any of them, not that there is a need to root for anyone to be honest. Since everyone has already taken the time (lots of time, frankly) to talk crap about Chiba every single bloody chapter he's appeared in, it's about time some of Haru's ugliness got talked about too. That does not mean, one is better than the other.

Because we see a lot of the MC's thoughts in series like this, we naturally gravitate towards 'normalizing' the MC's behavior or justifying it in some way. Usually these are male fantasies which are considered reprehensible outside of the series context, like engaging in slavery or revenge. It's no different for Haru in this series, we're shown her point of view and I do find it very interesting how quickly people justify her thoughts and actions, just like in the other more male centric series. Chiba is an essential component of this because he is an ever present foil and representation of all repression and "bad luck" she gets. But if he didn't exist, a quick look at her colleagues and other minor characters show how much of a shitty personality she has.

And if what you mean by "i misunderstood everything about Haru" refers to spoils from the novel version, yes I know all of it. It's in fact a huge part of it, without going into spoilers, how her position is very much self-justified and self-centered, how a lot of "realistic" series, particularly isekais, influence the reader to support MCs they would never IRL.

Dex-chan lover
@DLRevan "She's making an unreasonable remark about Chiba in her head to further justify her own disgust for him."

She doesn't need to justify anything. He is literally disgusting. That's the point of his character. Why don't you stop trying to guess what's going on and just keep reading until you understand what really makes these characters tick? Haru in particular is a very unreliable narrator so you won't really understand her until her real thoughts start to pop up later on. And as for Chiba, you haven't seen how shitty a human being he really is yet.

At the end of the day, he comes from the same world as her. She dont have family or anyone to depend on. She herself is a dependable person. Life is just hard.

Priest girl falling in love with that guy?

Crucify and nail his entire body on the cross and burn it.

Oh the fucking hypocrisy !!! Treat Chiba like bitch and an object ... But when you need him for you won good. "CHIbA COmE sAvE mE" And if he don't it's his fault too. Anyone putting fault on chiba is a fucking hypocrite SIMP ... Simple as that.

Hypocrites in shitty situations are still hypocrites.
Entitled people might try to defend hypocricy but that is on them for doing so.

Dex-chan lover
Oh the fucking hypocrisy !!! Treat Chiba like bitch and an object ... But when you need him for you won good. "CHIbA COmE sAvE mE" And if he don't it's his fault too. Anyone putting fault on chiba is a fucking hypocrite SIMP ... Simple as that.
Hypocrites in shitty situations are still hypocrites.
Entitled people might try to defend hypocricy but that is on them for doing so.

Good fucking god, there's no "hypocrisy" here.

Haru rebuffed Chiba because she's not attracted to him, and he only wants her as a sex slave. It's a perfectly normal response.

Haru thought about Chiba when being abused only because he's powerful, and no one likes being abused. That's normal, too.

Ffs, even if Chiba were a giant, hideous tentacle rape monster, literally anyone in Haru's position (male or female) would have thought exactly the same: "Gee, I wish that big, strong, hideous thing were here to defend me now."

There's zero hypocrisy in any of the above. But the idiocy on display itt is astonishing :facepalm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread