JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World

2USkRGm.png
Basically.

this is depressing but surprisingly good at the same time, keep up the good work!!!

Double-page supporter
An isekai story with realistic taste to it got a bad rating. Sad react only

I feel like this is more popular among 'woo feminism sexwork' reviewers on youtube and less so here given the dissonance in the votes - is it purely "didn't like the less-deconstructive angles the light novel took" or what? I feel what I've seen so far here is pretty good.

The comments about how this is "a masterpiece" because it happens to add fucking to the same tired old Isekai formula are as laughable as the ones complaining that being forced into sex work is "depressing" (no shit).

Contributor
@Imryse wrote:

so high
As of 2019-11-02 23:39 EST, it has a mean of 6.47. How is that high? I think it deserves a 7.5, give or take. Well, I understand it hurts sensitivities, but it's a believable story on its own (if my profile wasn't clue enough, I'm kinda biased in favor of story over action).

Contributor
@Imryse
The story is descriptive, I get it, that may be a turn-off for many, especially since it has no action (no pun intended), but as a story, it holds up. The first of its kind (and probably the last, but who knows?). Also, as of yet, the characters are just what Haru has talked of them, they seem "poorly written" since she still hasn't gotten to know them past the "i'll beat them and get a higher ranking!" bit, but in context, none of their actions come out of nowhere.
Regardless of the setting, Haru is a high-schooler acting as a high-schooler without all modern conveniences. Not everyone can build a nuclear power plant after finding out they're in another world. It's what she chose to do and how she chose to live that sets the story. There'd be different reactions if she chose another way of living. You get little world details every now and then, but the story is a Slice of Life at its core. Nothing big, but nothing bad either, that's why I give it 7.5. It's a subjective ranking I'm giving, at the end of the day.

tl;dr you're taste is shit, my taste is objectively better

This story is not for everyone. It's a little depressing, but feels realistic to her situation. It's not very far into it, but I can see that the characters could eventually develop into something interesting.

I like isekai stories where the characters life don't end up the way you'd think. (probably cause I know I'd die if I ever went to another world. RIP ME)

mrf

I prefer doujin than a long full story. Different is doujin for the H not really about the story and short like just 30 page less or more.

Users who are viewing this thread